Ethnic Cleansing 2006

speedster

Mentor
In the August 28th issue of Pro Football Weekly there is a small blip that A.J.Hawk has not been that impressive and he may not start.Some dude named Abdullah"the butcher"Hodge could get the nod.What??? In Dallas the cowthugs have decided to make long-time DE Greg Ellis a linebacker.Because Greogory is progressing so nicely Bobby Carpenter is secound string and Scott Shanle became expendable and was traded.That leaves Ryan Fowler and special teams guy Rocky Boiman as the only white LB's on the team but both could be sacked.I'm going to hate this final week as teams make their final cuts.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
From the Colts Message Board,Sheldon was cut and almost everyone on the board can't understand why.He was the most impressive and showed break away speed.We all know why he was cut but most naive football fans don't.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Well, there goes one of the white Colt receivers! I hope the rest stay, but considering the stupidity of this decision, I doubt it will happen.
smiley7.gif

bigunreal

Mentor
It's really incredible how we have fallen to the point where we're rooting for a white guy to make an NFL roster as some team's 4th or 5th receiver. It doesn't matter how impressive Standeford or any of the other white WRs on Indy's team look- they aren't going to beat out Harrison and Wayne. If Peyton Manning's best friend and roommate (Brandon Stokely) can't even get looks from his buddy, what chance do any of those guys have?

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
white lightning said:
From the Colts Message Board,Sheldon was cut and almost everyone on the board can't understand why.He was the most impressive and showed break away speed.We all know why he was cut but most naive football fans don't.

Here's CBS Sportsline's take on Sheldon being cut: Analysis:Sheldon wasn't expected to make the team anyway. He'll be bagging groceries and drafting players in Fantasy Football leagues just like us. Ignore him. He will.

JD074

Master
bigunreal said:
It's really incredible how we have fallen to the point where we're rooting for a white guy to make an NFL roster as some team's 4th or 5th receiver.

Sad but true.

backrow

Hall of Famer
on a more positive note, i just noticed Nick Turnbull, rookie DB still playing for Falcons! hopefully he'll get to stay...

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
The pickings are so pathetic what's the point? A 5th string running back or receiver, a last option DB. It's sad, these guys are getting screwed. Are there any running backs left in Div I or the NFL that will actually play/start? Bell is done so I think that leaves Leonard. One in all of major televised football. One friggin' white guy carrying the rock. Do you think black guys would give a single moment of their time to a sport that no blacks were allowed to play? Not in your life.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
A fewpositives...David Anderson so far is making the most of his oppourtunities tonight...4 rec 49yds...Gradkowski looks back on task going 7/9 1td with 3 rushes for 47 yds showing off his faster than vince young speed and Kircus catches an 84 yd td bomb from cutler
smiley32.gif

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Gradkowski has been a notable Caste System victim. A black quarterback with his combination of throwing ability and mobility would have been a high draft pick. He's got the talent to be an NFL starter if he ever gets the opportunity.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Hopefully one of our Louisiana posters will fill us in, but it looks like Hass has been snubbed again. The Saints-Chiefs game is well into the fourth quarter and 12 different Saints have caught a pass, but none is named Hass (or Lyman). The legendary receiving trio of Devery Henderson and the two Jamals -- Jones and Branch -- all had receptions in the first half. This continues to look bad, very bad.

speedster

Mentor
At least Chris Horn is making a contribution so at least we can have on of our guys in there.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Horn is your basic number three or four receiver, he's not really starting material. Hass and Lyman have not only starting ability but the ability to be stars. That's how the NFL operates; often times the few white backups who do stick are not nearly as talented as the white receivers with great measurables and proven productivity in college who never get any kind of a chance.

Typical example -- Horn stuck around in Kansas City as a backup while Marc Boerigter, a rare package of height and speed (rare for blacks that is) who tied for 5th in the NFL in touchdown catches in 2002 with 8 (from just 20 receptions, one of which was a 99 yarder) never got anywhere close to a chance to be a starter in subsequent years.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
wow a hass sighting with 7 minutes left in the game...way to demoralize a player payton...you scum

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Still no passes thrown to Hass or Lyman.It's disgusting.There are no words to describe this kind of treatment.They will probably both be cut.

On a good note.The Texans got big games out of David Anderson and Owen Daniels.Anderson had 4 catches for 49 yards and Daniels had 2 for 41.I hope these guys make the team.They both have the ability to eventually be pro bowl players.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Hass has one catch for 5 yds and lyman was just thrown to in the end zone incomplete and that pretty much is a good summary of how screwed over they were in the preseason.

backrow

Hall of Famer
Don Wassall said:
Gradkowski has been a notable Caste System victim.  A black quarterback with his combination of throwing ability and mobility would have been a high draft pick.  He's got the talent to be an NFL starter if he ever gets the opportunity.

yup, Gradkowski was a major steal for Bucs! plus today TB got Doug Jolley in a trade for a late rounder, which is a good deal...

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Think Jolley will play in Tampa?

backrow

Hall of Famer
yeah he will play on some passing downs instead of Becht, who's more of a blocker... Smith, a black guy from last year's draft is doing quite well, so he'll be nr. 1 TE for now but if Jolley stays healthy anything might happen

Bart

Hall of Famer
white lightning said:
Still no passes thrown to Hass or Lyman.It's disgusting.There are no words to describe this kind of treatment.They will probably both be cut.

I seriously doubt they will be cut.The coachesmust be convinced of their abilities. Why risk losing them before the season begins? Right? Right? I mean, it's obvious isn't it??
smiley5.gif

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
I feel so demoralized as a Hass and Lyman fan...to see them not geta fair shot it does hurt me to be honest. Kyle Bell goes down with an injury as well for Colorado State. Such a bad day.

backrow

Hall of Famer
i don't know what's up with Hass... and in Tampa another very good young WR, Chaz Gessner is probably about to get cut, he hardly sniffed field tonight...Edited by: backrow

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Another guy who's disappeared is Kevin Walter. He was signed to be the Texans' third receiver, but with the NFL the way it is you have to wonder now what his status is with the team.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Hey Don, regarding Walter I think he is still going to play the slot for the Texans he probably just didnt get alot of looks in the preseason but honestly no WR for the Texans has shown anything besides David Anderson tonight. Hopefully Anderson makes the team.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
That's probably the case, but the way this preseason is going. . .