College Hoops Season 2023-24

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Good to see Carlson bounce back from Wisconsin at Utah. Most in WI wrote him off after limited minutes early on in Madison and a quick transfer!

Bucky

Hall of Famer
No doubt about it! Carlson is balling as a Ute. I like his game. I actually lost track of him post transfer, again great to see a guy move on and do well elsewhere.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
On Saturday we have a top 10 battle between the AZ Wildcats and the Purdue Boilermakers. Should be a great game by
2 teams that will probably make a run towards the Final Four next March. I'm rooting for Purdue. Zach E. of Purdue(Asian)
is still fun to watch along with all of the other lunch pail players on Purdue.

Last edited:

Phall

Master
Purdue cruised over Arizona 92-84, led by true sophomore guards Fletcher Loyer (27 pts) and Braden Smith (26 pts). The only white American starting backcourt in the power conferences (all of D1?) clobbered the #1 ranked team in the country.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Louisville Basketball has been destroyed and gutted under Kenny Payne. He will go down As their 1st Black Coach and Their worst ever! Quite the combination Kenny! Also funny how the Downtown businesses are begging the goys to come back after the plandemic and race riots decimated the business district and night life for 4 years.

Phall

Master
Louisville Basketball has been destroyed and gutted under Kenny Payne. He will go down As their 1st Black Coach and Their worst ever! Quite the combination Kenny! Also funny how the Downtown businesses are begging the goys to come back after the plandemic and race riots decimated the business district and night life for 4 years.

Lol, great article. Louisville has been on a downturn ever since Rick Pitino was summarily dismissed for "breaking the rules." Some part of the team's success was intrinsic upon "breaking the rules" in some way, mostly about paying players. Now that paying players is mostly legal, Louisville should have (in a vacuum) a harder time recovering from its 'down period,' but there's no way to tell what's going to happen to pro-structured "collegiate" sports at this time.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Purdue cruised over Arizona 92-84, led by true sophomore guards Fletcher Loyer (27 pts) and Braden Smith (26 pts). The only white American starting backcourt in the power conferences (all of D1?) clobbered the #1 ranked team in the country.
Utah and St Mary’s come to mind. Also Davidson and BYU but your point still stands as some of these guys may not be American.

Edit to add: I found out that Indiana starts a White backcourt. SR Trey Galloway, who recently had 28 points against #2 Kansas. FR Gabe Cupps is his backcourt mate.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
Utah and St Mary’s come to mind. Also Davidson and BYU but your point still stands as some of these guys may not be American.

Edit to add: I found out that Indiana starts a White backcourt. SR Trey Galloway, who recently had 28 points against #2 Kansas. FR Gabe Cupps is his backcourt mate.
not to nitpick, Freethinker, but Cupps has started only 4 games this season for the Hoosiers, (if memory serves) all because of the injury to “real” playa, Xavier “Muh” Johnson.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
not to nitpick, Freethinker, but Cupps has started only 4 games this season for the Hoosiers, (if memory serves) all because of the injury to “real” playa, Xavier “Muh” Johnson.
Darn. I should have known an upsider was hurt as Cupps averages are fairly low. Well at least they fit Phall’s criteria for the time being.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Reed Sheppard has 8 points and 6 assists in a half against Louisville. Only 1 TO. He will be a one and done guy. Louisville predictably getting blown out .

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
We know that in the men’s game this year some of the top players are White; Dickinson, Filipowski, Kolek and Edey. I see that in the women’s game it’s more of the same. Typically anti-White ESPN ranks the top 3 college players White women. Caitlin Clark, Cameron Brink and Paige Bueckers. Just a great year for White athletes in college basketball.

https://www.espn.com/womens-college...mens-ncaa-basketball-ranking-top-25-2023-2024

PS - Brink is a 6’-4” blonde / blue eyed beauty who does some modeling too. You can easily find images of her in bikinis, if you feel inclined, and thank me later.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
One of my local team’s, St John’s, is typically as anti-White as the Knicks. Since their heyday of Chris Mullin and Bill Wennington, there has not been a White star since. Sure they’ve had a token White starter here or there but that might be changing. Enter 4-star freshman Brady Dunlap.

Brady is 6’-7” sharpshooter from California, so it’s a good sign that Petino went out and recruited him. After struggling with minutes to start the season, Brady was given a shot earlier in the week against Butler. He responded with 13 points off the bench on efficient shooting. Their next game on Friday, he was inserted into the starting lineup and scored 15 on again great shooting. He’s definitely one to keep an eye on as the season progresses.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
The headline today was the #1 Purdue and #2 Houston teams were both upset in the same night. Looking into the upseters, Iowa State is a fairly Caste team with a few bright spots. Nebraska a bit better.

Iowa State usually serves as the ghetto alternative to Iowa, recruiting mostly from outside of the Hawkeye state. Some years they have success and others not so much. This year they sit at 12-3, with a good chance of making the NCAA tourney especially now with a marquee win. Their big catch was 4-star, top 50 recruit Milan Momcilovic. The Milwaukee suburb native could easily be confused as a foreign import with his Slavic name, but he won the 2023 Wisconsin Mr. Basketball award. @Bucky, maybe you know the backstory, but for whatever reason it seems he wasn't really ever seriously considered for the Badgers. Anyway the freshman stretch forward scored 11 points in the upset. On the season he averages 13 ppg and 3.4 rpg with excellent shooting percentages. 49% from the field, 42% from behind the 3 point arch and 91% from the charity stripe.

Nebraska beat Purdue pretty handily at home. I'm sure it was an off night for Purdue but Nebraska at 13-3 now is clearly no pushover. There's a connection to Iowa State here, as Fred Hoiberg is the head coach after a failed stint in the NBA. In year 5, he appears to have turned around a perpetual cellar dwelling Caste program. The Husker's top 2 players are a Jap and a Dutchman. Senior guard Keinsei Tominaga is an extremely rare player from Japan. If that's not enough, the sharpshooter is a lefty as well. The #2 scorer is Bradley transfer and Dutch national Rienk Mast. The 6'-10" big-man averages 13 ppg and nearly 9 rpg and can shoot the 3. The coach's sophomore son Sam is a key bench rotational guy as is forward Josiah Allick. Allick looks like former NBA player Anderson Varejão and is probably going to need to provide a 23andMe test to get into the future ethnostate ;). Anyway, I'm certain there are worse teams in the Big10 demographically so a halfhearted "go Huskers".

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Good call on Momcilovic! He’s having a stellar freshman year. As far as I know Wisconsin just never offered! Head scratcher no doubt, but I’m glad he chose Iowa State.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
White friendly Clemson was upset by also White friendly Virginia Tech on Wednesday. The Hokies were lead by 32 from junior guard Sean Pedulla. Off the bench, sophomore guard Tyler Nickel added 24 points. The 6’-7” Nickel escaped UNC after 1 season and seems to have much more opportunity with VT.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
White friendly Clemson was upset by also White friendly Virginia Tech on Wednesday. The Hokies were lead by 32 from junior guard Sean Pedulla. Off the bench, sophomore guard Tyler Nickel added 24 points. The 6’-7” Nickel escaped UNC after 1 season and seems to have much more opportunity with VT.
I noticed a lot of gym rats in that game! Kind of nice having Clemson and VA Tech to cheer for in ACC.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Marcus Domask has been on a tear since the Terrance Shannon departure from Illinois on rape charges.

Big Ten Player of The Week! Along with Iowa’s Freshman phenom, Owen Freeman as Freshman Player of the Week! 5th time this year!

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Marcus Domask has been on a tear since the Terrance Shannon departure from Illinois on rape charges.

Big Ten Player of The Week! Along with Iowa’s Freshman phenom, Owen Freeman as Freshman Player of the Week! 5th time this year!

Domask is having a great year and carrying an otherwise underwhelming Illinois team to a top 10 ranking. I wonder if NBA teams will have any interest….

Also, I could tell Freeman was going to be a good one from earlier in the season when I caught a Hawkeyes game. He just had an “it factor” and looked really calm and confident for a freshman. Glad to see he’s been growing as the season goes.

UConn maybe have the #1 spot when the new rankings are released and I wouldn’t be mad at that. They lost Clingan but have still persisted. After today their top 2 scorers are their remaining White stars. Cam Spencer with 15.6 ppg and Alex Karaban with 15.4 ppg. What a dynamic duo!

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Both Freeman and Domask will probably be ignored, sadly but predictably. I can see Domask sticking around in NBA though. Think Sam Hauser/Strus/ Konchar mix.

Freeman is nice too. His Defensive prowess gives me hope for his NBA prospects.

UConn has been great to cheer for past few years. Great additions in transfer portal. With Clingan they are 1v2 with Purdue.

Phall

Master
https://www.cbssports.com/college-b...at-georgia-shows-why-volunteers-are-a-threat/

No. 5 Tennessee rallied from an 11-point deficit in the final 6:24 to escape with an 85-79 win at Georgia on Saturday behind 36 points from Dalton Knecht. The Northern Colorado transfer scored 15 points over the final 9:15 to key the comeback as the Volunteers withstood a 3-point barrage from the Bulldogs to avoid an 0-2 week.

Knecht's offensive explosion underscored why this Tennessee team may be different from some of its predecessors under Rick Barnes. In his ninth season, Barnes has built the Volunteers into a steady winner on the back of perennially great defenses. But those teams have too often fizzled in March due to a lack of offensive firepower.

That's a problem Knecht is fixing for Tennessee (12-4, 2-1 SEC). The 6-foot-6 wing scored 28 points on 10-of-18 shooting in a loss at Mississippi State on Wednesday before going 12 of 20 at Georgia -- a sterling performance that included shooting 5 for 8 from 3-point range.

He is the focal point of every opposing scouting report after going for 24 points in a win at Wisconsin and 37 in a loss at North Carolina in nonconference play, but is managing to produce anyway. Knecht is the first player in Barnes' Tennessee tenure to notch multiple 35+ point performances in a season.

The only times he's failed to reach double figures through 16 games at Tennessee came in relatively easy victories against Ole Miss, Georgia Southern, Tarleton State and NC State, when the Vols didn't need his best.

Knecht (pronounced "connect" apparently) has shown up between #40 and #22 in recent mock drafts. The easy comparison is Austin Reaves, an absolute alpha in college on offense who had to start on a smaller stage for some reason. Reaves ended up undrafted, but it looks like Knecht will be spared that indignity.

No mention of Knecht's race in the above laudatory 1000-word article.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
i see the Austin Reaves comparison due to his alpha status, but his overall game lacks Reaves’ playmaking ability for others. Reaves is a tremendous passer and above average defender.

in that regard, i see Knecht (6-foot-6) as a shorter Adam Morrison (6-foot-8), an absolute scoring machine who plays his best against his best opponents but has a marginal handle and has a score-first mindset and skill set.

Morrison played in a much weaker, top to bottom, conference and wasn’t as likely to dunk on your head as Knecht, but that’s a more accurate overall comparison (of White players anyway) in my opinion.

the comparison isn’t complete, however, as Knecht has a stronger frame and looks to be continuing to improve both from a skill and physical standpoint (a player with actual upside?), while Morrison battled diabetes and suffered a devastating knee injury early in his NBA career (which derailed it completely).