Christophe Lemaitre "White Lightning" 9.92 and 19.80!

Status
Not open for further replies.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Lemaitre 9.95, fastest European time since 2004
<DIV id=social>
trans.gif

<DIV id=facebook-social>http://www.european-athletics.org/3...ont=arial&amp;colorscheme=light&amp;height=21
<DIV id=social-bookmark>Christophe Lemaitre showed again that he currently has no equal among Europe's sprinters as he sped to a new French record of 9.95 at the Stockholm 2011 SPAR European Team Championships, the fastest time by a European for seven years.

It was not only a Championships record but also consolidated his position as the third fastest European sprinter ever, behind only Portugal's European record holder Francis Obikwelu and Great Britain's Linford Christie.

Helped by a 1.0mps following wind, Lemaitre got his long legs moving very quickly and was the fastest man out of his blocks. After that there was little doubt over who would win, only the time.

Britain's Dwain Chambers, the winner at the Championships for the last two years, was a distant second on this occasion in 10.07.[/QUOTE]

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Great video. Thank you my good friend. Excellent quality.

The thing that gets me so excited about Christophe is that he is finally learning how to be more consistant on his starts. To be the best in the world, you have to put all three phases of your race together. We are seeing Lemaitre mature and grow before our very eyes. He is starting to have that look of a champion. He is even getting a little bit of swagger to him. I love it. Don't get me wrong. He is still the nicest guy you could ever meet but he has his game face on when he steps on the track.

Congrats again to my favorite sprinter on another eye popping perfomance! Viva Lematire!

ZELLGADISS

Guru
Really i think that Bolt really never had so big strides like most journalist told.
Bolt is very tall, so he has big stride, but for his height is not very long.
Lemaitre is tall and so he has few less lenght stride that Bolt.
Powell has really for his height short stride, Gay has less strides in race that Powell, so Gay for his height has long stride really...

freedom1

Mentor
Just got on out here in San Diego. Damn, this makes my day. He just keeps getting better.

ZELLGADISS

Guru
I think that if France make big relay can make 38 low, they won last year in european championship in 38.11. Come on Lemaitre

Twinsen9

Guru
It's impossible Zellgadiss.

It's not the best french team.

Martial M'bandjock isn't here. And same for the young Jimmy Vicault.

I think France can run between 38 and 39.

Unless Christophe run sub 9,80 hahaha :)

ZELLGADISS

Guru
hehe yes Twinsen9 Martial injuried i know, but i think that France can make very good relay and the weather i think that is better that in Barcelona when they ran last year.
And Lemaitre is better that last year, so umm well i go tell 38.3-38.5 hehe perhaps im very optimistic.

Regards

waterbed

Mentor
guys, it is not so hard to count the strides if you count the amount of left armswings then you know first swing with left is first stride 2nd is third stride and 3 is 5th stride etc. and if his last swing is with the right then plus 1

good race by christophe lemaitre , he is now on the level of end june/july last year but with better reaction time consistantly.

ZELLGADISS

Guru
well 38.71 , is not bad for to be without Martial and Vicaut.
Tomorrow i hope that Lemaitre get new record 200

waterbed

Mentor
pfff, its bit hard for that video it a bid lot outzoom(far away) in this vid in the begginning and eaier to count the right strides becuase camera is there.Im pretty sure it is around 41.9 to 100 meter line.

Twinsen9

Guru
I heard Pierre Carraz, the CL's coach.

He really thinks that Christophe can run faster. Today, with a better guy (like Bolt or Gay), Caraz thinks Christophe could run 9.90 (today).

And this year, in good condition, Carraz says CL will improve his time in Lausanne and of course Paris (and Daegu ?).

And Chambers said : "CL is too fast for me" :D

And Obikwelu said CL will break his european record...

ZELLGADISS

Guru
yes waterbed i count too almost 42 strides. Twinsen9 very hard get splits in that relay, Iaaf and studies usually are in world championship or things like it...

ZELLGADISS

Guru
Yes twinsen9 perhaps with Bolt,Gay or Powell today would be better mark but 9.90 i think that Carraz is too positive hehe. Perhaps 9.92-93 possible.
But today he had good wind 1.0, when he has wind negative or almost zero he probably will make worst time...

white lightning

Hall of Famer
He should have ran a 9.93 today. He leaned too early and then popped back up right before the finish line. This cost him around 2/100ths of a second in my opinion. It was just a case of misjudging where he was at. At the very worst case scenario, it would have been a 9.94 instead of 9.95! I'm not complaining though. His margin of victory was incredible. Talk about decisive. He sent a message today after being so dissapointed by his 3rd place finish at the Euro Indoor Champs!Edited by: white lightning

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Off subject but does anyone have a video of the mens4 x 100 Relay Finals from today? I was actually very impressedbytheir win.France will be back at full strength by the world champs though. Especially impressive was Craig Pickering. I wonder whay his split was? He lookedverygood running against Lemaitre. Edited by: white lightning

JReb1

Mentor
Another amazing race from Chris!
smiley32.gif

Who is the White sprinter wearing red in this race? He looked pretty explosive and finished 4th I think.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
That is Dariusz Kuc. He finished 4th in a time of 10.24 which is not bad at all. He had a horrible start. Dariusz Kuc runs for Poland and he just an a 10.15 last weekend. He is still only 25 years of age so I'm hoping he can make his mark on the international scene. Poland loves athletics so if he were to ever go sub 10, he would be a national hero.

ZELLGADISS

Guru
Words from Dwayne Chambers: "He has so many advantages with his height and
those long legs that keep striding past me...he is like an antelope," he
told the BBC.

Really Lemaitre is the "White Bolt" too hehe
</span>

ZELLGADISS

Guru
Tomorrow 200m, i imagine that he will try break his own record and in less 12 days he can have duel with Powell in Lausanne in 100m. The next week are trials in Jamaica and USA, we will see how is Asafa in this moment...

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Ok then what about Chambers. Lemaitre could easily say, he has so many advantages with his 6.42 in the 60 meters(european record)and his strength. Dwain looks like the hulk. Haha. You get my point. I do like that Lemaitre has gained alot of respect. RESPECT is earned on the track and Christophe has shown he can run with the best of them. Only a handful of guys still can say that they can still beat him consistantly.

Status
Not open for further replies.