Christophe Lemaitre "White Lightning" 9.92 and 19.80!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twinsen9

Guru
freddie said:
Christophe's
talent is clearly not yet recognized by the international media and their
paradigm that Black athletes are superior to others still remains firmly
intact.</span></span></span></span>The BBC reports of Bolt's
two recent races at 100m and 200m are illustrative.</span></span></span></span>In the 100 Bolt was 0.33s
off his own world record and the headlines announced that Bolt was "sluggish"Â￾
and that he "failed to impress"Â￾ in</span></span></span></span>Ostrava</span></span></span></span>- this despite the fact he beat
the former world record holder in the race.</span></span></span></span>However, in the 200 a few
days later he was 0.67s off his world record - virtually an</span></span></span></span>identical</span></span></span></span>relative amount - and the
headline was "triumphant return"Â￾ and the media announced that he was in
"imperious form"Â￾.</span></span></span></span>Why the difference in perception despite similar
performances? â€" because a skinny white guy was just 1/3 of a stride behind Bolt
in the 100; so clearly Bolt</span></span></span></span>must</span></span></span></span>have been off-form in the 100. Amazing!</span></span></span></span>
Lol.

I've an other explanation : journalists don't know anything about athletics.

They don't talk about ALL runners (juste the winner, and maybe the podium).
They forget the wind.
They forget the weather.
They forget the reaction time.

Etc, etc.

But 9,91 is not a bad time I think.
And 19,86 too. It's juste his first 200m. And he ran just two 100m.
But now, journalists will keep very close eye aboutthe Bolt's times.

About Christophe, ok, he's amazing. It's why we are all here :)

But in the world, Christophe is in the top 10 or 12.
Edited by: Twinsen9

ZELLGADISS

Guru
Yes Twinsen9 i think same, Bolt will run faster in july and in august of course.
And Lemaitre is big talent, probably he should make sub10 for get final en dagu and it is not easy.
But if Lemaitre come to Daegu in big shape i must that he can get it
smiley2.gif

And in the final depends of reaction time and his first 30m. If he get both in good level he should fight by 4th or 5th place in my opinion.

Regards Twinsen9

Twinsen9

Guru
But after 2012, maybe Bolt will play soccer and Powell and Gay will retire hahaha !

And about Daegu, the semi-final will be very difficult I think.

I don't know why, but... I predict one or two surprises. A bad race of Powell for instance...

ZELLGADISS

Guru
hehe i dont think that Bolt retire after 2012 hehe(he only has dreams child for play with Manchester United hehe)and i think that Powell and Gay will continue running yet.
But now talking seriously, is probably that next year Lemaitre can defeat to Asafa if Lemaitre can run around 9.85 that i think that he can make it(This year i see it hard).
And Gay i see him very strong this year and the next year, but in 2013 i think that he go lose so much speed, he has every year his body more and more damaged.

Regards Twinsen9

albinosprint

Mentor
I see CL getting to the WC final with a shot at getting a medal and I'll tell you why. Powell is a choke master and Gay is always teetering on the edge of a serious injury. factor in that CL can handle running rounds and always rises to the occasion. He can can do it! I'll go as far to say bronze in a new NR of 9.89.

Twinsen9

Guru
<div>

June, 18-19
Stockholm -European</span>
team</span></span>championship</span>

June, 30
Lausanne (Diamond League)
100m (maybe with Powell)

July 8
Meeting de Paris (Diamond League)
100 and 200m (with Bolt)

July, 28-30
French Championship

[one month of training]

August 27 - September 4
World championship (Daegu)</span></div></span></span>

Edited by: Twinsen9

Twinsen9

Guru
Very interesting race in Strasbourg (France) today.

Wind : +0,5

1. Daniel Bailey : 9''97
2. Yohan Blake : 9''98
3. Dwain Chambers : 10''04

Firstly, Bailey is the 16th or 17th (I don't remember) guy to run sub 10 this season ! It's amazing !

Secondly, Blake run again sub 10. Good for him.

Thirstly, Chambers run again above 10... Christophe is always the best in Europe, and the competition in Korea will be very difficult I think...
<div>
</div><div>PS : one thing. I noticed that the official record of Chambers is 9,97 (his 9,87 was canceled). So Christophe is "officialy" better than Chambers now... Next : Linford Christie and Obikwelu ;)</div>Edited by: Twinsen9

ZELLGADISS

Guru
Twinsen9 the next weekend 18-19 you tell that Lemaitre will run in Stockholm
do you know which events he will run?

Twinsen9

Guru
ZELLGADISS said:
Twinsen9 the next weekend 18-19 you tell that Lemaitre will run in Stockholm
do you know which events he will run?
I've got GOOD news !!!!!!!!<div>
</div><div>The french site Sport.fr say this :

Le sprinteur Christophe Lemaitre s'alignera sur le 100 et le 200 m lors des Championnats d'Europe d'athlétisme par équipes, les 18 et 19 juin à Stockholm, a annoncé lundi la Fédération française qui a communiqué la composition de l'équipe de France.Sur 200 m, Lemaitre palliera l'absence de Martial Mbandjok, blessé.

Translation : Christophe will run 100m AND 200m. Initialy, Martial Mbandjok was in the 200m. But he's hurt.
</div>

ZELLGADISS

Guru
Ohhh thanks by the information Twinsen9.
I see that he is preparing his endurance making 100 and 200 in few days.
I hope best luck to our champion
smiley20.gif

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
I think with Christophe going sub 10 seconds four times already it will benefit many white sprinters. They now know it's not impossible for a white guy to break that 10 second barrier and I predict at least several other white sprinters break 10 seconds within the next five years. The mental aspect of it was the biggest obstacle in my opinion.

Twinsen9

Guru
Prediction about the 200m ?

I don't think Christophe will run sub 20 (except with a good wind between 1,5 and 2 m/s). But I think he can break french record (20,16).

Maybe between 20,05 and 20,10.<div>
</div><div>For the 100m, I don't think he will run sub 10 too. Maybe between 10.00 and 10.05.</div>

Bk21

Guru
whiteathlete33 said:
I think with Christophe going sub 10 seconds four times already it will benefit many white sprinters. They now know it's not impossible for a white guy to break that 10 second barrier and I predict at least several other white sprinters break 10 seconds within the next five years. The mental aspect of it was the biggest obstacle in my opinion.
<div>
</div><div>when there is 17 sprinter breaking (multiple times) the 10sec barrier in few weeks, the term "barrier" becomes a bit abusive.. in five-ten years I think we'll be talking about the 9.90 barrier when referring to top sprinters</div>

ZELLGADISS

Guru
Hehe yes bk21 big difference 79 runners sub10 but only 26 runners sub 9.90.
Lemaitre wil get break barrier 9.90 next year i think, this year is a little optimistic(in my opinion only in a race against Bolt, Powell or Gay and with wind 1.5-2 m/s)

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
bk21 said:
whiteathlete33 said:
<div>
</div><div>when there is 17 sprinter breaking (multiple times) the 10sec barrier in few weeks, the term "barrier" becomes a bit abusive.. in five-ten years I think we'll be talking about the 9.90 barrier when referring to top sprinters</div>

10 seconds certainly has been a barrier for white sprinters. How many other white sprinters have we seen come close(10.10-10.20 range) only to regress and never get back to that level again? Quite a few.

white is right

Hall of Famer
All of the others it was the race of their lives or their seasonal best. He has been a consistent 10.0X guy for two years now. Those guys always go sub ten eventually if they don't get injured.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I'm pumped up for this weekend. Just like in the French National Champs, we will get to see Christophe running in all three events. If nothing else, I would love to see a new p.b. in the 200 if he is not too tired. We need a link to this meet!

mattharper

Guru
What kills me about Lemaitres 9.96 race is it looked like Blake might have eased up a few steps early but if the race was 105 meters Christophe would have beat him. Im not sure if it was that Blake looked liked he eased up or Lemaitre was gaining fast the last 3 strides. Im still going to say 19.75 in the 200 and 9.92 in the 100. Viva Lemaitre.

Status
Not open for further replies.