Christophe Lemaitre "White Lightning" 9.92 and 19.80!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lactatking

Guru
Christop vs Jimmy Vicaut

Jimmy Vicaut 10,14 s. + 2,7m Wind
Christoph 10,29 s. - 0,5m Wind

What's the Basic Time?
Jimmy 10,27 s. ?
Christoph 10,27 s. ?

greyghost

Mentor
cmon lads , lemaitre had absolutely no competition , both gatlin and bailey pulled out because they would have possibly been beaten by lemaitre ...really there was no real competition and i guarantee you that lemaitre understands this ..a season opener for sprinter means performing solidly regardless of those around him , he can only race whats put up against him ...its a long season !!!! for lemaitre to come to the states so early means he is ready to compete against any body ...they just didnt turn up ...reason being they fear lemaitre ability!!!!!!!...:beer:

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Thanks for posting that race. I have to agree with Ato Boldon that he really could use some stronger competition from his teammates to help raise his game. He is so much faster than anyone on the French Team that training sessions don't really do as much for him as like with Bolt and Blake running against each other.

He didn't look too bad despite the time. He really separated in the last 20 meters of the race from the rest of the pack.

The poor sportsmanship of most of the other competitors makes me sick. They didn't shake his hand or even look at him to aknowledge him. They
immediatley turned their back away from him and walked in the opposite direction. Very unclassy of those punks. It was a nice interview though. I hope they do come back next year. I would love to see him race in NY someday.

elispeedster

Mentor
Thanks for posting that race. I have to agree with Ato Boldon that he really could use some stronger competition from his teammates to help raise his game. He is so much faster than anyone on the French Team that training sessions don't really do as much for him as like with Bolt and Blake running against each other.

He didn't look too bad despite the time. He really separated in the last 20 meters of the race from the rest of the pack.

The poor sportsmanship of most of the other competitors makes me sick. They didn't shake his hand or even look at him to aknowledge him. They
immediatley turned their back away from him and walked in the opposite direction. Very unclassy of those punks. It was a nice interview though. I hope they do come back next year. I would love to see him race in NY someday.

I dont consider myself prejudice as I tend to judge most on a individual basis, but certain Black Males (like the 3 stooges to the right of Lemaitre) can be such cowards when the White man shows him up at their own game. It kills those 3 thugs that a tall/lanky very natural looking Blond, Blue Eyed White guy just smoked them. I find it funny.

greyghost

Mentor
yep the opposition was classless and dumb and not good enough and they know it!! , but i have to say the interviewer was respectful and professional , solid opener by lemaitre.

albinosprint

Mentor
I forgot he was racing at Penn. I would have taken the drive to see it. not sure what the temp was that day, but I would say it wasn't more the 60. not that bad for brisk day.

trackster

Mentor
The weather was beautiful, no excuses there. Warm, but not hot. Interesting, though, that D'Angelo Cherry, whose junior PR was exactly the same as CL's, and who is the same age as CL, and who ran a 6.49 60 indoors this year, did even worse. For some reason, the times were poor.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Great commercial and what he said is true. So my question is when will they improve his start. When he was running in the mid to high 6.50's range, he was doing it mostly on raw talent. He never had the form down for the start and still doesn't. Christophe has improved his form though when he is upright. He is a lot more smooth now without nearly as much of a side to side motion. Fix the start and the kid will be blazing to record times again.

I really think that Coach Carraz shoud get some help with fixing his start and drive phase. The longer he keeps doing what he is doing, the harder it will be for him to change. While their at it, they should get someone to fix Ramil Guliyevs start too. He is even worse than Christophe out of the blocks. Other than that, Christophe looks good form wise.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Christophe will race the next two weekends in a row. Tommorow in France he will compete in the 4 x 100 Relay and then in the individual 100 meters. I'm hoping he can vastly improve his time. I'm guessing around a 10.20 or so with little local competition. Next weekend he will be in England running for the first time in the Great Manchester Street Race. It should be really cool as Usain Bolt and Tyson Gay have ran in this the last couple of years. It will really help get his name out there worldwide.

Let's keep our fingers crossed guys. He needs to start moving towards 10 seconds flat soon so that he can try to break some personal bests come august at the world champs if not a little sooner.

RCSMAN

Mentor
Christophe will race the next two weekends in a row. Tommorow in France he will compete in the 4 x 100 Relay and then in the individual 100 meters. I'm hoping he can vastly improve his time. I'm guessing around a 10.20 or so with little local competition. Next weekend he will be in England running for the first time in the Great Manchester Street Race. It should be really cool as Usain Bolt and Tyson Gay have ran in this the last couple of years. It will really help get his name out there worldwide.

Let's keep our fingers crossed guys. He needs to start moving towards 10 seconds flat soon so that he can try to break some personal bests come august at the world champs if not a little sooner.

SUNDAY :

100M : 3PM (local time)
4X100M : 4.25PM (local time)

CITY : villeneuve d'ascq
WEATHER : 15°C and RAIN

ZELLGADISS

Guru
Good for Lemaitre,probably soon he will be in 10 flat.
But i see him very hard for get sub10 and i dont think that the can break his 9.92 that was with +2.0 wind.
If he gets 1 or several sub10 this season will be great for him.

In 200 i see him more progression sure, and he should to get soon sub20 and perhaps in Moscow he could to get PB.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Now that is a good time in those conditions. It's right around where I thought he would be. I think he is progressing fine. I only have a couple of worries at this point. One is still his lackluster start and drive phase. Second is that I'm worried that they are overracing him a little at this point. After next weekend, he will have raced around 5 out of 6 weekends. They need to be careful not to over do it in training or in races. I'm serious as many guys can get burned out before they even get to mid summer. I hope after next weekends race in England that they give him two weeks of rest.

Overall though he is looking ok but we are all hoping that he can regain his form of a few years ago. With his improved form and added muscle, I do see him running a few sub 10's and many sub 20's this summer. Whether on not he can break his personal bests remains to be seen. I hope that he can but it's still a little too early to say. I'm really excited to see him next weekend in the street race. We should be able to a live feed of the coverage of that!

If anyone has a video of todays 100 meters win by Christophe, please post it. Thanks guys.

ZELLGADISS

Guru
If Lemaitre is in good shape, and i think that yes(10.1 and 20.3 now)he should to get in Manchester easily sub15.
And if he gets great race he should to get sub 14.8.

I hope see him to make wonderful race, 150m is good reference for 100 and 200 :icon_grin:

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
Before the Penn Relays, Lemaitre's coach expected him to run betw. 10.00 and 10.10. He ran 10.29.
Today he ran 10.17, so he is still off from expectations.
Lemaitre himself did not seem satisfied with today's race, but at the same time, said he wasn't worried...

"J'avais du mal à retrouver quelque chose de naturel. Ce n'est pas encore totalement fluide dans la technique, a-t-il tempéré. Je ne me fais pas de soucis. Le principal c'est vraiment de courir et de retrouver mon niveau. Il faut trouver ce relâchement dans la foulée."
Roughly...
"I had trouble finding something natural. The technique is not yet totally fluid, he tempered. It does not worry me. The main thing really is to run and find my level. We need to find this release in the stride. "

He may not be worried, but I am... ;)

RCSMAN

Mentor
Now that is a good time in those conditions. It's right around where I thought he would be. I think he is progressing fine. I only have a couple of worries at this point. One is still his lackluster start and drive phase. Second is that I'm worried that they are overracing him a little at this point. After next weekend, he will have raced around 5 out of 6 weekends. They need to be careful not to over do it in training or in races. I'm serious as many guys can get burned out before they even get to mid summer. I hope after next weekends race in England that they give him two weeks of rest.

Overall though he is looking ok but we are all hoping that he can regain his form of a few years ago. With his improved form and added muscle, I do see him running a few sub 10's and many sub 20's this summer. Whether on not he can break his personal bests remains to be seen. I hope that he can but it's still a little too early to say. I'm really excited to see him next weekend in the street race. We should be able to a live feed of the coverage of that!

If anyone has a video of todays 100 meters win by Christophe, please post it. Thanks guys.

CHRISTOPHE 100M 10.17 (-0.6)

RACE -------9''12 min

http://pluzz.francetv.fr/videos/jt_1920_nord_pas_de_calais_,82407200.html

albinosprint

Mentor
he had a **** start, other then that I don't think it was anything to be down on. no real competition, negative wind, and he won. 10.17 is not that bad considering the circumstances. I'm not worried.

ZELLGADISS

Guru
The reality is that Lemaitre hardly will improve his start, like minimum in few time.
In good races his first 60m are around 6.55-6.60 and with that first part his time will be around 9.9 high or 10.0 low in good shape,im realistic.

He has to try to improve his first 30m for to be constant sub10 and his main focus should to be to get sub20 easily and his PB.
In 200 he is really great and he could to be in 19.6-19.7 the next years.

Im sorry, but i dont see him really big future in 100m :icon_neutral:

Status
Not open for further replies.