Christian McCaffrey

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
McCaffrey has a mild calf strain and won't play in Sunday's regular season finale. However, he should be ready to go for the postseason action.

Warhawk_46

Master
McCaffrey has a mild calf strain and won't play in Sunday's regular season finale. However, he should be ready to go for the postseason action.
I saw that. Bummed he can’t add to his league leading total but understandable to have him sit out a meaningless game.

I do worry about the team in general being really rusty though. Hopefully they come out guns blazing in the divisional round.

white lightning

Hall of Famer

The one thing I like is he rushed for 1459 yards in 16 games. I like history and the 17th game wouldn't mean as much as most running backs
in history had the 16 game season. What an incredible season. I was hoping for 1250 to 1350 yards and he went beyond that on the
ground and also had a fine receiving season too!

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
The one thing I like is he rushed for 1459 yards in 16 games. I like history and the 17th game wouldn't mean as much as most running backs
in history had the 16 game season. What an incredible season. I was hoping for 1250 to 1350 yards and he went beyond that on the
ground and also had a fine receiving season too!
Agreed. I would much rather see him sit and get to 100% healthy for the playoffs then to aggravate his calf in a meaningless game. Would love to see a 200 yard game in the divisional round!

freedom1

Mentor
I'd rather have him go on a 200 yard+ romp in the final game. The way injuries are, and the way the brothers target him, this could very well be the best season of his career.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
We can't complain too much guys. When is the last time a white running back won the NFL Rushing Title? Epic Accomplishment
and it was never really close since the 2nd half of the season. What an honor to win the title by alot and miss the last game so he
can be healthy for the playoff run. This is history guys for this message board and the sports world. Now we do all know that the
main reason it hasn't happened in many decades is because 99 percent of white running backs never get to play in the nfl due to
anti white racism and stereotypes all built on the lies of the Caste System!

We can't complain too much guys. When is the last time a white running back won the NFL Rushing Title? Epic Accomplishment
and it was never really close since the 2nd half of the season. What an honor to win the title by alot and miss the last game so he
can be healthy for the playoff run. This is history guys for this message board and the sports world. Now we do all know that the
main reason it hasn't happened in many decades is because 99 percent of white running backs never get to play in the nfl due to
anti white racism and stereotypes all built on the lies of the Caste System!

Jim Taylor in 1962, 14 game season. Taylor gained 1474 yards, 5.4 avg. per carry, 19 TDs all rushing.

Kaptain

Master
Strain or no strain he should be sitting with no record to break and no season award to play for. His performance in the playoffs could elevate him even more in the eyes of the public like it did for John Riggins and Cooper Kupp.

freedom1

Mentor
I'm just speaking for myself, but this is way bigger than any Superbowl title. It's similar to me as when the Klitschko brothers broke through in boxing, or Christophe Lemaitre broke the 10 second barrier. This has really made my season. I can't imagine what the bounty is on CMC. This is phenomenal. I'm so happy.

Warhawk_46

Master
A huge congratulations to Christian McCaffrey on earning the 2023 rushing title!!

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
A huge congratulations to Christian McCaffrey on earning the 2023 rushing title!!
Yes, a major achievement! Congratulations indeed!
As Sports Historian mentioned, the first white running back to lead the league since 1961 (correction - 1962).
And let's also remember that Cooper Kupp lead the league in receiving yards in 2021, which was the first time since Steve Largent did it in 1985.
So some pretty major caste busting in the past few years.

Last edited:
Yes, a major achievement! Congratulations indeed!
As Sports Historian mentioned, the first white running back to lead the league since 1961.
And let's also remember that Cooper Kupp lead the league in receiving yards in 2021, which was the first time since Steve Largent did it in 1985.
So some pretty major caste busting in the past few years.

Thanks for the comment but it was 1962 when Jim Taylor led the NFL in rushing. I can't tell you how many times writers have gloated about never having White RBs anymore.

By the way, nobody was surprised at the time when Taylor had the yardage totals he did.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
There have been some amazing days to remember forever on this message board. I will list just a few.

Christophe Lemaitre becoming the first white sprinter to go sub 10 and sub 20 wind legal.

The Klitschko Brothers dominating the Heavyweight Division as champions for around a decade.

Tyson Fury also dominating the Heavyweight Division as a champion for many years now.

Argentina winning the 2022 World Cup.

Cooper Kupp leading the NFL in receiving in 2021 and having the 2nd best season of all time in nfl history.

Now we can add Christian McCaffrey leading the NFL in rushing in 2023! McCaffrey is also one of only 3 players to
ever have 1000 yards rushing and 1000 yards receiving in the same season. Future Hall of Famer in my honest opinion!

Last edited:

Warhawk_46

Master
I have been watching McCaffrey’s season accolades roll in (all important for his HOF consideration). So far he has made the Pro Bowl, the PFF All Pro First Team, the NGN (NFL.com’s Next Gen Stats) All Pro First Team, the NFLPA All Pro First Team as well as an ESPN All Pro First Team.

I’ve no doubt he will garner AP, PFN and Sporting News accolades as well.

freedom1

Mentor
Cause I'm CMC

I'm Dynomite, CMC, I'll win the fight!!

CMC, I'm a power load, CMC, WATCH ME EXPLODE!!

Warhawk_46

Master
McCaffrey named a unanimous AP All Pro. This is a great career achievement and will help build his HOF case.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Don't know if anyone posted this on the playoff thread, but in addition to Kelce breaking Jerry Rice's playoff receptions record, McCaffrey broke Rice's 49er season TD record of 23. McCaffrey now has 24 TD's on the season including playoffs.

Warhawk_46

Master
Don't know if anyone posted this on the playoff thread, but in addition to Kelce breaking Jerry Rice's playoff receptions record, McCaffrey broke Rice's 49er season TD record of 23. McCaffrey now has 24 TD's on the season including playoffs.
And that is in 18 games as he only played 16 in the regular season. Just saying, speaks to his greatness.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
We have to have at least 1 pic of this legend! Christian McCaffrey breaking defenders ankles & leaving their cleats on the field.

nfl-christian-mcCaffrey-49ers-betmgm-3-1024x578.jpg

Watching the replay tonight I noticed CMAC's rushing stats were 14-37 2 TDs in the third quarter. On his last carry of the game he broke 25 yards to set up the clinching TD. For the game McCaffrey had 20 carries for 90 yards and 2 TDs, along with 42 yards receiving.

Like a lot of other great RBs he'll get you sometime during the game and when you total him after the game, he's had a good day.

Warhawk_46

Master
The game plan for defenses is to battle him up and not let him beat them. But as you both stated, he is too good to be bottled up all game long.