Christian McCaffrey

Snow Plow

Mentor
Christian McCaffrey IS being discussed for NFL MVP.
Yes, has the third best odds for MVP and best odds for Offensive player of the year.

2023-24 NFL MVP ODDS​

2023-24 NFL OFFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE YEAR ODDS​

Whether CMac wins the season MVP or not, the best thing would to have big games in the playoffs, win the Super Bowl and be Super Bowl MVP.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Whether CMac wins the season MVP or not, the best thing would to have big games in the playoffs, win the Super Bowl and be Super Bowl MVP.

He won't win the MVP as just like with the Heisman the controllers will make sure of it. I agree with everything else you said.

El Gringo

Mentor
I agree as well. It wouldn’t bother me at all if they dramatically cut back on his usage before the playoffs. Maybe give the ball to juice more in short yardage.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
McCaffrey passes Ray Rice on the all-time rushing list to crack the top 90.
Ya'll remember Rice? He was caught on video physically assaulting his fiancee and was released by the Ravens, thus ending his NFL career.
Surprisingly, a little justice there.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Ya'll remember Rice? He was caught on video physically assaulting his fiancee and was released by the Ravens, thus ending his NFL career.

The Ravens honored Ray Rice today in their ring of honor. Posted the link in the weekly thread.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Well, you may not agree, but I do believe in redemption, however when you commit a crime there are consequences, and one of those should be that he cannot be inducted into The Ravens Ring of Honor.

Oh I do agree with you in redemption but Rice should also be ashamed of woman beating and in no way shape or form be celebrated.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Beating up bitches is celebrated in the black community and pretty much every cRap song.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
As of about 30 minutes ago, CMC said the calf injury is pretty minor. On going back in he said, "you have to make the smart decision." He said he didn't want to go back in a make it worse.
With his 64 yards rushing 27 yards receiving CMC becomes the third NFL player in history with 2,000 yards from scrimmage with two different teams.
Eric Dickerson and Marshall Faulk are the other running backs to accomplish that feat.

freedom1

Mentor
Well, SF has clinched the number one seed, so there's a good chance they'll sit CMC next week. I hope they let him play a little as he could easily cross over 1500 yards rushing for the season. He is sitting at 1459 right now. This is a big first for Caste Football, i.e., him leading the league in rushing.

Phil

Guru
The wife attacked him first. He then fought back.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
The wife attacked him first. He then fought back.
If that's true, please post any information to that fact. I have found nothing that supports your statement.
....and she wasn't his wife at the time of the incident so you're wrong about part of your post.

backrow

Hall of Famer
Shanahan said he will rest some starters so I'm guessing CMC, if anything, will be in for a series or two. Still, amazing regular season for him!

Hartline

Guru
They should try and get him a few snaps next week because they will have the bye in the wildcard round.

Warhawk_46

Master
Well, SF has clinched the number one seed, so there's a good chance they'll sit CMC next week. I hope they let him play a little as he could easily cross over 1500 yards rushing for the season. He is sitting at 1459 right now. This is a big first for Caste Football, i.e., him leading the league in rushing.
He has locked up the rushing title this year even if he sits out next week. He is 315 yards ahead of the guy in second place (Williams from LA Rams).

It would be smart to rest him next week although I am not a fan of the 49ers giving two full weeks off to their starters. I’d predict a very rusty team when they come back.

Phil

Guru
If that's true, please post any information to that fact. I have found nothing that supports your statement.
....and she wasn't his wife at the time of the incident so you're wrong about part of your post.
From article on (bet.com/article/8qnn52/janay-rice-shares-what-led-up-to-elevator-fight)

Janay Rice Shares What Led Up to Elevator Fight by Latifah Muhammad April 18, 2015

"They were drinking heavily and bickering the night of the elevator fight. Janay slapped him before Ray delivered the punch that knocked her out."

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
From article on (bet.com/article/8qnn52/janay-rice-shares-what-led-up-to-elevator-fight)

Janay Rice Shares What Led Up to Elevator Fight by Latifah Muhammad April 18, 2015

"They were drinking heavily and bickering the night of the elevator fight. Janay slapped him before Ray delivered the punch that knocked her out."
If you're talking about that little backhand to him before he followed her on to the elevator that was no big deal? If he can't handle that kind of mini slap then something's wrong. He shouldn't have got into the elevator with her. He should have just walked away.
Once they got into the elevator, it's obvious he's really close to her as she's pushing the floor buttons. It looks as though he's harassing her and she may or may not have pushed him away and that's when he delivered the knockout punch. IMO, I didn't see anything that warranted him knocking her out and obviously to The Ravens credit, they didn't either.
Rice has also stated that she gave him a second chance and he knew he was going to jail as soon as he hit her. So, if he was not at fault, why did he need a second chance?

Last edited:
He has locked up the rushing title this year even if he sits out next week. He is 315 yards ahead of the guy in second place (Williams from LA Rams).

It would be smart to rest him next week although I am not a fan of the 49ers giving two full weeks off to their starters. I’d predict a very rusty team when they come back.

Yes, letting down in the last regular season game when your playoff spot is clinched has been disastrous.