Chris Long

jared

Mentor
bluengold51 said:
but what i wanna know is why did chris longs workout recieve so much more attention when it was so similar to gholstons.

First of all, welcome to the boards. Secondly, Gholston got less attention because he was the anointed black "workout freak" prior to the Combine even taking place. If anything, he have may let down some people with particularly lofty expectations of him. Long drew so much attention because he was supposed to be the proverbial "high-motor, blue-collar, just makes plays but lacks athleticism" prospect. He also looked like a total stud in linebacker position drills, which surprised a lot of people who only considered him athleticially viable as a 4-3 or 3-4 DE.

Stonewall

Guru
"Draft experts" like Mike Mayock openly talk about Gholston's failure to finish plays. Mayock was very quick to point out that in the film that he watched, Gholston routinely made little effort to involve himself in plays that were not run his way.

Long has the athletic ability and intangibles to be a top tier NFL player, Gholston has proved that he is an athlete but scouts openly question his aggressiveness, tenacity, and willingness to work hard to make himself a better football player.

Long will be drafted higher.

I'm also tired of the knock on Matt Ryan's interception total. The man was surrounded by a subpar group of receivers, and on many occasions was forced to win games virtually by himself. Talk about throwing interceptions, look at Brett Favre.

G

im not talking about players hyped during the season, im talking about right now. and right now chris long is the most talked about/most hyped prospect. and yea i agree with you guys that long will be drafted higher, and deservedly so. i just dont think the gap is as big as some of you believe. and about matt ryan, subpar recievers or not, 18 picks is 18 picks. if you throw that many people WILL critisize you. and if you throw that many you SHOULD be critisized. Ryan is just the best QB in a weak QB class. last year he would have been the 3rd best qb (after russell and quinn), 2 years ago he would have been the 4th best (after young leinart and my man jay cutler).

yea and thatd be nice to see lowery go to the packers with another former spartan (James Jones). its cool to see a guy that i actually played against (while he was at cabrillo community college) be so succesful. he is a ball hawking corner if i ever saw one.

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
bluengold51, if you're so in love with "your" Broncos, why not go over to the Broncos forum? You could obviously care less about white athletes (you know, the whole point of posting here). I'm not sure you understand the concept of what we're trying to accomplish here.

You've insulted Chris Long and now Matt Ryan, 2 of only about 5 white players total who will be drafted in the first round of the draft. Why not insult the myriad of black players projected in the first round (about 20 of which are soley based on combine "measureables," as opposed to NCAA merit)? Hmm, I wonder?

I guess what you should ask yourself is...why are you even posting here?Edited by: Thrashen

Stonewall

Guru
I just saw your avatar for the first time, bluengold51. Please tell me that you have better things to do with your time than enter this site with the sole goal of being a pest.

If for some inexplicable reason, you don't yet know the tenets of Caste Football (which I find very unlikely), take a few minutes and educate yourself.

Either get with the program or head elsewhere.

G

ok i never insulted Chris Long. all i said was that i thought Gholston was close to him. as far as Ryan, i just dont think hes that good. If you read my other posts, youd see i stated i thought Jake Long should be the number 1 pick. Personally i dont think this draft class is very good as a whole. Mcfaddin seems to be the best athlete, but i just dont like his game, way to much of an outside runner, and we see where that has gotten Reggie Bush, NOWHERE.

And no, im not trying to be a pest. I actually do believe nonblack players are somewhat discriminated against, just not at the level that you guys believe. i think black people in general are faster, more agile, and can jump higher, ON AVERAGE. i just think that teams now love speed so much that non black players have to work unfairly hard to get themselves into the league.

and PLEASE can somebody let NFL teams know Tommy Z is a hell of a football player? even my black roomates are wondering why the hell he isnt projected to go in the first day of the draft. he reminds me of a more athletic Lynch.

G

and as for my avatar, Terrell Davis was my favorite player when i was growing up. i liked him because he was a great RB while not being the greatest athlete. im not a great natural athlete and he inspired me to work harder at football. sorry if that offends you.

G

Hey B.G.51 I have been reading your recent posts and you are not making many friends here. The reason some members here are getting irrated with you is that they suspect you are trying to justify your stances.

There are several white running backs who have done well at the combines or pro days. Some are comparable with the San Diego running back Sporeles who did well in the playoffs. He is black, but these white rbs will not be giving the same chance he was given becuase they are white. You feeling me.

I sense you are trying to make members of this site believe they are dislussional, which they are not. If they were a larger number of hispanics who are discriminated against in the NFL, I suspect you would get with the program and agree with the members on this site. Think about it.

G

B.G.15 and what is this crap about 'a more affeletic Lynch." This is the type of BS members are getting irrated with. Lynch is/was a bonifided ALL PRO safety! That remark is racist and an attempt to disparge Lynch. Like Lynch did not deserve to play/start in the NFL.

Now I am suspecting you have been infected with the dyfucnctional blk behavior and irrating nonsensical rap music that your outlook/perception is colored with corrupt gangasta lifestyle.

I to played in HS and college as a strong safety, so I have an idea who has skills and who does not.

G

so if i were to say that the RB from ECU is faster than McFadden i guess you would think i was calling McFadden slow? just because i think Z is a better athlete means i think lynch is a bad one. tommy Z returned punts and kicks, could have played QB at the D1 level, and boxes, he might have been the best all around athlete in college football last year. so sorry if it hurts your feelings if i think a guy that excels at so many things is a better athlete than John Lynch.
and actually yes, i was "infected" with black behavior. and it wasnt, by any means, dysfunctional. I had the luck of being half mexican and half german, and to be primarily raised by my step dad, who is half black and half japanese. i wish everybody got to grow up in such a diverse family. it really gives you a different outlook on life than most people have.

Stonewall

Guru
bluengold51, this site is about promoting white players. A good number of us have played football, yet we don't talk about our own individual accomplishments or try to brag about athletes we played with at the high school or college level who have gone on to excel at the pro level.

You relish in promoting yourself, emulating a trait that many black players possess. This is exactly the type of behavior that members of Caste Football particularly loathe. Thus, your posts have done a lot to bolster our views regarding self-promoting black athletes and those who worship them.

As for your avatar, it is offensive. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that no other forum member (and we are talking about hundreds of posters) features a black athlete on his avatar.

White Power

Mentor
Blue N Gold answer this question for me Mike Hart is smaller slower and is still projected to be a better running back in the pro's than either Jacob Hester or Peyton Hillis. Now why is this if you don't know the real reason then your either plain dumb or a caste whore which is it. Mike Hart 5ft 8in 200 lbs ran the 40 in 4.7. Hester 5 ft 11 224 ran it in 4.6. Hillis a solid 6 ft 240 ran it in 4.58 now what is the problem with this picture other than being skin pigmentation. If you don't agree then get off of this site becausre your a self promoting idiot who loves the Brothas. Also my last point Hester and Hillis are projected to be fullbacks not even running backs again why is this Hester was the starting tail back on a pretty black SEC team that won the national championship. Hillis played behind 2 players that were simply thought to be better than him yet overall he was the more complete player of the 3 running, catching, blocking you get the picture. Now is the time to stand up and tell it like it is or go find yourself another site in which to spew your stupid rhetoric.

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
"Terrell Davis was my favorite player when i was growing up. i liked him because he was a great RB while not being the greatest athlete."

I wonder how many white RBs were better and more "athletic" than your magical hero Terrell Davis in high school and college? Probably 20 in every U.S. state. That's the truth we're trying to convey here.

You're obviosuly too stupid or stubborn or brainwashed to understand...and honestly, some people don't deserve to know the truth.

I'm not sure how many posters have to tell you...THIS MAY NOT BE THE WEBSITE FOR YOU. Please go to www.denverbroncos.com to continue wasting your life. You can all chatter away about the meaningless "glory days" of Terrell Davis, Rod Smith, etc.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Chris Long was obviously raised well by his Hall of Fame father Howie and his mother, but most likely without any racial consciousness. According to an article on Long in Sports Illustrated, the three posters on his wall at his U of VA residence are of Michael Jordan, Muhammad Ali and, yes, Ray Lewis. Another reason why it's great to root for these guys as athletes butunrealistic to expect them to be knowledgeable public opponents of the Caste System.

Guests said:
and as for my avatar, Terrell Davis was my favorite player when i was growing up. i liked him because he was a great RB while not being the greatest athlete. im not a great natural athlete and he inspired me to work harder at football. sorry if that offends you.
Actually, Terrell Davis had a weapon that NFL just about every NFL tailback, athletic or not, does not have nowadays. It's called a white O-Line.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Vernon Gholston has now overtaken Chris Long on "Black Power" Footballs"dark"future.com in the rankings for DE. This site is utterly pathetic. In their QB rankings Josh Johnson is third and Andre Woodson is 4th. Josh Johnson and and Woodson should not be ahead of Chad Henne or even Joe Flacco. And Dennis Dixon is still 7th after blowing out his knee in their QB rankings.

God I despise their site. Their site shows clear favoritism toward blacks. Their site doesn't even mention Jordy Nelson in their profiles, it is so bogus. Calling attention to racial stereotyping in sports which is an epidemic in sports in this country will get you banned from their forums. My theory is because the site enjoys racial stereotyping so much it wants to pretend it doesn't exist b/c they are doing it themselves.
smiley7.gif

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
TorontoArgos said:
Guests said:
Actually, Terrell Davis had a weapon that NFL just about every NFL tailback, athletic or not, does not have nowadays. It's called a white O-Line.

Very true! Terrell Davis w/ his "at best" 4.6 40 time and unspectacular burst and agility would not be as good as many white RBs if given the chance. Davis had an amazing o-line in Denver. In fact Mike Anderson who runs a 4.69 40 yard is even less athletic than Davis and was considered a God in Denver. All Anderson had to do was show a small burst and make one cut and follow his blocks and he was assumed to be a good RB. Jacob Hester could do much better at that.

There are loads of RBs in the NFL who get playing time who are no faster than Hester; who runs a 4.6 40 yard. I would say a quarter of the RBs who get solid playing time have equal speed or are slower than 4.6 flat.

icsept

Master
Chris Long was mic'd up for NFL Network Sound FX for the Bengals/Rams game. It is freaking hilarious. The Bengals have a sumo lineman named Collins who was talking junk the whole game. Chris was clowning him for being a scrub but still talking even when he was getting double team help from the tight end. Long made him look like a fool.

Anyway, Long's having a great season. Surprised his thread hasn't had a hit since 2008.