CHAMPIONSHIPS

G

I don't agree with any of that Stonewall. I stand by my analysis. Nothing is different between now and the regular season when it comes to the Patriots and Chargers. The Jaguars are better than the Chargers, beat the Chargers, came to the Patriots and got beat at their own game. The Patriots don't lose these types of games at home, and the Chargers will be going to the superbowl only if multiple fluke plays go their way.Edited by: nevada

speedster

Mentor
It's is so cool that the Ebonics Sports Pro Negro station can be so open to the point that they haul out that great humanitarion Ray Lewis and treat him like he's something special.Also,I'm watching CBS hi-lites of the Colt-Charger game and Dallas Clark is doing some negro handshake with Reggie Wayne,well that does it for me I'm not watching a minute of this sh*t.Later on tonight I'll check up on what are guys did and that's it.

Bart

Hall of Famer
Tom Iron said:
Gentlemen,

In the past, the weather conditions would have been an afterthougt, if given any mention at all.

Playing in cold weather is one thing, but when temperatures are near zero and under, it's a totally different experience.Footballs lose their elasticity and feel like bricks. Receivers with numbed fingers have a harder time catching passes, especially if it is delivered with extreme velocity. A hemet to the hands and arms of a ball carrier has got to hurt a lot. Some players lose thier edge and just want to get the game over with. I went to the grocery store this morning and walked less than 100 feet to the door and my fingers were red and almost numb.I don't see how the players in Green Bay won't be affected.

Stonewall

Guru
Nevada, to say "that nothing is different between now and the regular season when it comes to the Patriots and Chargers" is just flat out wrong. Again, the two teams played back in September. Chris Chambers wasn't even on the San Diego roster at that time, and Vincent Jackson wasn't utilized in the manner that he is now. Those 2 men will be the Chargers prime receiving targets today.

In addition, the Chargers have a lot of young players on defense who have grown up a lot over the past four months. Look at how much Phillips, Cromartie, and Castillo have developed over the course of this season. Rookie Eric Weddle is a much different player than he was back in September, as he's acclimated himself to the NFL (as witnessed by last week's performance).

The Chargers started 1-3 back in September. If they continued to be the same team, they would not have won 11 games and thus finished the season with a record of 10-2.

The Jacksonville Jaguars are not a better team than San Diego. San Diego's quarterback, offensive line, tight end, running back, and receivers are all better than Jacksonville's. San Diego's defense is also superior to the Jacksonville defense.

I firmly expect the Patriots to win (which I stated in my previous post), but San Diego will be playing hard and I expect a very physical game.

backrow

Hall of Famer
so far this game is quite entertaining from our point of view. Welker is Pats leading receiver and just caught a TD, Heath Evans had a couple of carries for first downs and a nice catch, Weddle, Bingham and Oslhansky are playing very well for Chargers, Wilhelm and Castillo are also pretty active.

go Wes and Heath!
smiley32.gif

Poacher

Mentor
18-0!

The O-line made the difference. Was Merriman even on the field?

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
Once again, Mr. Reliable Wes Welker was the only Patriot WR who decided to show up and play hard today.

Today's game was similar to the very close Eagles and Ravens games in which Welker was on the only WR to get seperation and make plays. While Randy Moss yet again failed to even get seperation in the playoffs, let alone make any plays downfield.

Kevin Faulk, just like last week, made even more plays than everyone combined (which is sad). Faulk is proof that almost anyone who is semi-athletic can be a "screen-type" RB in the NFL. He's a good player with great football smarts...but I could name about 100 white RBs with twice his athleticism.

If the Packers win, 2/3 of the all-white offensive lines (Packers, Browns, Patriots) in the NFL will be playing in the superbowl...just a coincidence, I'm sure
smiley36.gif

backrow

Hall of Famer
yeah, Welker was huge. Faulk played well too, and so did Evans when called upon.

backrow said:
yeah, Welker was huge. Faulk played well too, and so did Evans when called upon.
Evans made some huge blocks down the stretch.

Poacher

Mentor
Giants pull it out!

Eli in the Super Bowl!

How bad was the Favre int in ot? I didn't see it.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
It wasn't that bad of an INT. Congrats to my old classmate Eli! Way to go man!
smiley32.gif

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I don't like NY's all black defense, but feel happy for Eli. He's taken a ridiculous amount of abuse and remained classy throughout. Anyone with half a brain knew he was gonna be good, probably never as good as Peyton, but Peyton's the best ever.

Gotta feel good for Lawrence Tynes too. Another miss and he would have been under a suicide watch.
smiley36.gif

foreverfree

Mentor
Slightly OT but Packer related... I've always wondered what Lombardi would have thought of that funky bass line that cues the "GO PACK GO!" chant at Lambeau?
smiley5.gif

JohnEdited by: foreverfree

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Good one foreverfree!
smiley36.gif
I heard it too.

Poacher said:
Giants pull it out!

Eli in the Super Bowl!

How bad was the Favre int in ot? I didn't see it.

It was a 15ish yard out pattern and he threw it behind his WR, and right into Jason Webster's arms. Wasn't really one of his "usual" picks where he was trying to force something. Looked like it may have fluttered out of his hand a little.

foreverfree

Mentor
speedster said:
Also,I'm watching CBS hi-lites of the Colt-Charger game and Dallas Clark is doing some negro handshake with Reggie Wayne,

What, were they exchanging gang signs???

John

Maple Leaf

Mentor
Don Wassal:

Regarding Baker's comments: Africans were not brought to the States because "... they could take the heat..."; they were brought there because they worked for free.

Bart

Hall of Famer
I wonder what the sportswriters will say about Eli now?Of all the QB's he was the most steady today.How did he keep his face from getting freezer burn? Coughlin'sskin was beet red.I feel badly for my fellow Wisconsinites and family.They are taking this loss very hard. The depression will linger in the air for months, and won't dissipate until well into spring. How about Tauscher? He is so underrated it's not funny.

I was only able to listen to the Patriots-Chargers game for brief moments by radio. Brady and the passing game were not up to par, but they were able to make plays when it counted.How can anyone not love Wes Welker? Where was Moss for the second consecutive game?

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
I was really impressed with Eli Manning. He was accurate and bold with his throws, hitting his receivers in stride, with just the right touch. He has been playing great since the last Patriots-Giants game.

I still want Pats to win the Super Bowl, I just don't want the Giants loss to be blamed on Eli Manning.

backrow

Hall of Famer
as much as i dislike Favre, Packers do start 10 whites, as opposed to Giants, who don't even play a single white player on D... i want Patriots to steam roll all over this pathetic caste defense.Edited by: backrow

bigunreal

Mentor
I'm happy for Eli Manning, although there is little else to love about the Giants. I wonder if Eli will now be given 1/1000 of the credit that Mike/Michael Vick was given for beating the Packers at Lambeau Field. Remember, Vick's Falcons won a playoff game there; Eli Manning's Giants won the NFC championship game there. Somehow, I don't think Eli will be given the sole credit that so many other, favored QBs would be given in the same situation.

As for the Patriots-Chargers game, could Tomlinson be any more of a wimp? Look at the difference between him and Phillip Rivers; Rivers had a more serious knee injury and gutted it out for the whole game, while LT took himself out of the game and never even tried to return, despite Norv Turner's admission that he "could have" played, but didn't give them the best chance to win. There will be no criticism of LT, while Rivers will probably be blasted for attempting to play when he clearly wasn't anywhere near 100%. Finally, as Bart noted, where was Randy Moss? For the second big game in a row, he was a complete non factor. Yet this thug is continually lauded as the most valuable player on the Patriots by the jock-sniffers in the media. Moss appears to share some similar traits to fellow WR Marvin Harrison. Harrison consistently put up monster stats during each regular season, but always disappeared in the playoffs.

Tom Iron

Mentor
I like the contributions of Evans and Welker. Two really good players.

As a Jet fan, I cringed when I saw that the Patriots picked up Welker in the off season. I couldn't believe Miami got rid of him. I knew he was the missing piece Belichek needed.

Tom Iron...

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
To be clear, I wanted the Packers to win yesterday based on their 10 white starters...with Eli ALMOST pulling out the upset.

They didnt win, most likely because of the penalties by the idiotic Packers defensive players. For instance, remember when overrated safety Nick Collins drilled Eli super-late and was called for roughing the passer (on 3rd down)!? Or on the same series (also on 3rd down) when those slow, fat bums who the Packers constantly employ at the d-line positions jumped offsides again and again!? The Packers deserved to lose this game. However, it wasnt just the bonehead black players on defense who sunk the Packers...Brett Favre, in typical playoff fashion, played simply dreadful in the 4th quarter with about 5 possessions in which to score.

Also, did Michael Straham, Tuck, and Umeyoura even play in this game?
smiley36.gif
I guess they're not so "dominant" when going against O-lineman who were actually evaluated, drafted, and given starting time based on TALENT (as opposed to "affleticism" - like your typical black sumo).