CHAMPIONSHIPS

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Wow! Nice posts gentlemen! Great info on a great thread. Kukulcan, the "eye test" Don is referring to means that Castillo looks white in his pic and in his uniform. In other words, he should be treated as white by us. I would say we should do this unless he doesn't see himself as white. Really the only questions (albeit rather minor ones) left are, does he get treated by his teammates as white, and does he get treated by the media as white. I suspect we will get the last question answered this weekend at some point in the game.

G

Thanks Colonel for the info on the eye test. I guess Jeff Garcia and that Gonzalez kid from the Colts qualifies. Question? Does Junior Seau fall into this catagory? In my occupation I would classify Seau as an 'other' or a pacific islander. Anyways, can't wait for the Pats came. Regarding the other game, I guess I will be rooting for the Packers, can't have an all black defense in the Superbowl.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Seau is identified by the media and most people as Pacific Islander and that is where I think he belongs.

Stonewall

Guru
With the cold weather expected in New England on Sunday, white players will be carrying the load. Brady will be going to Welker a lot in the slot. I'd also like to see Kyle Brady (who is a top tier blocker) catch 3-4 passes. Heath Evans also should be expected to be featured a little more in the gameplan.

For San Diego, Wilhelm should be in on a lot of plays. Also, Weddle will be on the field a lotand I suspect, he'll make something happen. He's the real deal. Along with Welker, Weddle is a huge Caste breaker. Don't let the announcers tell you he's a safety, the man is a physical, shut down bona fide corner. Just ask Calvin Johnson.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Stonewall said:
With the cold weather expected in New England on Sunday, white players will be carrying the load.

Yeah, I love how the media will talk about "cold weather" teams and "warm weather" teams so incorrectly, per usual. Being from southern Mississippi has never prevented Brett Favre from being all but unbeatable in cold weather. Whites are far more able to performin cold weather than blacks. However, the reverse isn't true, except in very hot and humid weather, as Dusty Baker awkwardly tried to point out a few years ago. Just one of the many obvious racial differences that everyone has to pretend don't exist. Edited by: Don Wassall

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
What was the Dusty Baker thing about Don? What did he say or write?

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Reb, for someone who admonishes CFers to do their own research, I googled and found this in about, oh, three seconds.
smiley36.gif

Dusty Baker: Personally, I like to play in the heat. You know, It's easier for me. I mean, it's easier for most Latin guys and most minority people because most of us come from heat. You know, you don't find too many brothers from New Hampshire and Maine and upper peninsula and Michigan, right? I mean, you know, we're brought over here for the heat. Right? I mean, ain't that -- isn't that history? Weren't we brought over here because we could take the heat?

Reporter: That was a long time ago, though.

Baker: So?

Reporter: You might have become acclimated to a different climate.

Baker: No, but your skin color is more conducive to heat than it is to the lighter skin colored people are to heat.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Yeah, yeah Don. You know I'm not a baseball guy, and I've never even heard of the guy. I thought he may have been a writer. Still, thanks for busting my you know whats and providing the info. I was somewhat confused by your post because I've worked in watermelon fieldswith other whites andblacks in 100 degree plus heat in Louisiana and never saw any differences.

whiteCB

Master
Don Wassall said:
You left out the starting fullback for the Patriots, Packers and Giants, each of whom is white. NE has 8 white starters on offense and 10 altogether, GB has 7 on offense and also 10 altogether, and NYG has 7 white starters on offense and none on defense.

Also, Castillo had a Greek mother and Dominican father and passes the "eye test" to be considered white. Whether he considers himself white or not is a different story.

31033_282wh.jpg

Castillo attended Northwestern so the guy is not a dummy be any means. So not only does he pass the eye test but the intelligence test as well.
smiley36.gif
He's as white as they come!

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Colonel_Reb said:
Yeah, yeah Don. You know I'm not a baseball guy, and I've never even heard of the guy. I thought he may have been a writer. Still, thanks for busting my you know whats and providing the info.

You're welcome. Even thefirst and still onlymember of the Caste Football Hall of Fameisn't immune from gettinghis you know whats busted now and then.
smiley36.gif

Baker was widely ridiculed for his remarks, but of course there was no firing, suspension or penalty of any kind due to his heat absorbing "black skin privilege." Edited by: Don Wassall

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I can see a new forum entitled "Busting Your You Know Whats" becoming popular here.
smiley36.gif

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Colonel_Reb said:
I can see a new forum entitled "Busting Your You Know Whats" becoming popular here.
smiley36.gif

Great idea! Which forum should it replace -- High School Basketball, Fantasy Sports, or the Carolina Panthers?
smiley36.gif

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Don Wassall said:
Reb, for someone who admonishes CFers to do their own research, I googled and found this in about, oh, three seconds. 
smiley36.gif

Ouch, the Colonel might have to call out the milita on you Don!

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Just remember, the keypad is mightier than the sword!

whiteCB said:
Don Wassall said:
You left out the starting fullback for the Patriots, Packers and Giants, each of whom is white. NE has 8 white starters on offense and 10 altogether, GB has 7 on offense and also 10 altogether, and NYG has 7 white starters on offense and none on defense.

Also, Castillo had a Greek mother and Dominican father and passes the "eye test" to be considered white. Whether he considers himself white or not is a different story.

31033_282wh.jpg

Castillo attended Northwestern so the guy is not a dummy be any means. So not only does he pass the eye test but the intelligence test as well.
smiley36.gif
He's as white as they come!

I also give Castillo a lot of credit for being upfront and honest about his steroid use when he was caught. Instead of taking the minority party line that "I didn't know it was in that supplement I was taking", which one only has to look across the huddle to Shawne Merriman to see personified, he owned up to it and took the punishment like a man.

[url]http://www.signonsandiego.com/uniontrib/20050508/news_1s8cha rgers.html[/url]

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Don Wassall said:
Colonel_Reb said:
smiley36.gif

Great idea! Which forum should it replace -- High School Basketball, Fantasy Sports, or the Carolina Panthers?
smiley36.gif

I'd say fantasy sports.

In my defense, my one question compared to a lot of the requests/slams I get aretwo different things. I didn't complain about the post, and that is mostly what Ihave called peopleon. Basically, if you want to complain about the way I do it, just do the work yourself and thereby avoid the situation.I asked a simple question about the subject matter. I don't know how many of those I've answered here over the last 3 years without getting on people. It really doesn't matter though.

James

Don Wassall said:

Also, Castillohad a Greek mother and Dominican father and passes the "eye test" to be considered white. Whether heconsiders himself whiteor not is a different story.

31033_282wh.jpg

8443.jpg

New England has been starting three (or four) wide receivers and no fullback late in the season and in the playoffs: Welker, Moss and Stallworth/Gaffney. Heath Evans, the fullback comes in situationally. His back up, Kyle Eckel is also white.

The Pats's website says that they will start 3 wide outs and no fullback on Sunday so it will be 7 whites and 4 blacks on offense.

Bart

Hall of Famer
Looks like both games will be played invery cold weather.We'll see how much of a bearing the conditions will have on the players,and game plans. It will be brutal in Green Bay.It was pointed out to me that the Packers have won 18 of their last 21 games.Their new coach is doing something right.

Tom Iron

Mentor
Gentlemen,

Both teams have to play in the same weather conditions. The reason people are hung up on the cold weather is the fact that more or less, most Americans don't go outdoors anymore. Basically speaking, going outside is going from the house to the car and from the car inside again when they reach their destination. That's if each end of their trip doesn't begin and end with underground parking.

In the past, the weather conditions would have been an afterthougt, if given any mention at all.

Tom Iron...

Stonewall

Guru
On another topic, I find it interesting (if not humorous), how black fans overwhelmingly pull for Brett Favre. I was grabbing lunch at work yesterday and the black cooks were talking about how much they wanted to see Favre win. It's more than just the age thing.

I believe it rests in the fact that (even though he has improved to some extent this season), Favre makes the kinds of decisions that black quarterbacks make. Throwing off his back foot, taking unneccessary chances at times, flinging unorthodox passes, etc., Favre plays more like Donovan McNabb than Tom Brady.

Blacks are so jealous of Tom Brady, and they should be. Brady is your typical superstar quarterback, a perfectionist full of poise and always fundamentally sound. In addition, he controls his team and isn't afraid to confront black defenders who talk trash and dish out cheap shots.

G

There is no good reason to think the Chargers will win. Anything can happen in one game, so if everything goes wrong for the Patriots and everything goes right for the Chargers, they could win.

But they're almost certainly going to lose. The Patriots already beat the Chargers easily, and I don't agree with any of the analysts who say the Chargers are better now. They lost to the Jaguars right in the middle of being "better". The Jaguars are probably better than the Chargers, and the Patriots beat them at their own game.Edited by: nevada

Stonewall

Guru
The playoffs are a whole new animal. You have to disregard what occurred earlier this season, especially since New England and San Diego played in September (as did New York and Green Bay). Give credit to Norv Turner. This team is playing with an edge, a chip on its shoulder. They lost their starting QB, tailback, and tight end (Gates was really hurting,and only had 2 catches) and still won at Indy. Granted, Indy made mistakes, but the bottom line is that San Diego won the game.

Personally, I expect New England to win today. But,it won't be easy. Football is a game of emotion, and the Chargers are out to avenge last season's playoff loss to the Patriots. If you remember,Chargers players were upset with the antics of Ellis Hobbs following the Patriots win. Not that they need that as ammunition to get fired up for an AFC Championship game, but it will help. The Chargers defense is tough, very physical. They'll hit you in the mouth.

New England wins because of Tom Brady and an exceptional offensive line. They'll run the ball and go with short passes to Welker again. I see San Diego really beating up Moss today.

I see Green Bay's defense shutting down New York's offense. Green Bay's cornerbacks will be all over the NY receivers. This is the type of game whereNew York really misses Jeremy Shockey.

The Giants defense is too porous to contain Green Bay's passing game.The only wayNew York wins is if they can grab an interception or two and/or Ryan Grant fumbles a few times. The Giants linebackers and defensive backs can really be exploited, and I see Favre takingadvantage of that today.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Hard to see a "warm weather" team going into New England and winning. Brady has been excellent in cold weather this year. San Diego played Indy tough because it was in a dome. Can't imagine an upset with Rivers and LT out. But that's why they play the game.

I watched the 1961 NFL Championship game between the Giants and Packers on TV, age 11. The weather was sub-freezing, but the game was played in the middle of the day under sunshine.

The NY Giants were heavily publicized, as being a New York team counted for more in those days. Y.A. Tittle came in a trade from the 49ers, and had a sensational year, with some key backup from Charlie Conerly, who was playing his last season.

Late in the regular season, the Packers beat the Giants in a close game (20-17) played in Milwaukee, with Jim Taylor gaining 186 yards. Paul Hornung was the NFL MVP that year because he both ran and place-kicked. For the year, Taylor gained 1307 yards rushing (5.4 avg.) and Hornung 597 (4.7 avg.).

In the championship game, Taylor had injured ribs and had 14 carries for 69 yards. Hornung had 20-89 with a TD and 3 FG's and 4 extra points, to get the headlines. Bart Starr was efficient. Huge Packer TE Ron Kramer caught 2 TD's with Giant DB's bouncing off. Tittle had a poor game for the Giants with 4 interceptions. The Packer defense, led by MLB Ray Nitchke stopped the Giants completely.

Vince Lombardi was portrayed a coaching genius. He was the first pro football coach in my lifetime to have a cult status.