Carl Froch vs. Jermain Taylor

Poacher

Mentor
Way to go Froch!

Gus Johnson is one of the very few objective announcers out there.

What's with the Pardon Jack Johnson message in the middle of the ring? Chrissakes.

Whitelion

That was a great fight. It was the first time watching Froch fight,i was really impressed. I'm real curious to see who he fights next.

Kaptain

Master
Poacher said:
Way to go Froch!

Gus Johnson is one of the very few objective announcers out there.

What's with the Pardon Jack Johnson message in the middle of the ring? Chrissakes.

John McCain has been working on a bill lately to pardon Jack Johnson.

P-NutLane

Guru
Man am I glad to read this great news. Thanks for the links so I can see it JD!
smiley32.gif
I like Froch Alot. He is a wienery white man. I think Kessler is the only one at 168 that can beat this guy.

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Froch seems to have very long arms and has a very awkward (though effective) style. Almost like Vitali Klitschko.

As for Jewish boxers, I expect Yuri Foreman to grab a belt at 154 by the end of the year. The IBF strap is vacant and Foreman and Cornelius Brundrage (from the Contender series) are the top two contenders.

P-NutLane

Guru
I just got done watching this one, and NO case can be made for Taylor. He just got that butt whooped by another white man! I had it 106/105 for Carl going into the last round anyway, so he won, however you slice it! I had no doubt he would.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
P-NutLane said:
I just got done watching this one, and NO case can be made for Taylor. He just got that butt whooped by another white man! I had it 106/105 for Carl going into the last round anyway, so he won, however you slice it! I had no doubt he would.

I had the fight very close going into that last round as well. Even if Taylor had lasted that last round I would have given the fight to Froch by a point or two. The last round would have been a 10-7 round with the 2 knockdowns. Taylor did win maybe 4 of the first 6 rounds. After that point I had Forch winning 5 of the last 6.

P-NutLane

Guru
Me and you saw it quite the same way, whiteathlete33, I gave Taylor rounds 1-2-3,and 6, but froch won the rest on my card.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Taylor did land alot of jabs but Froch landed quite a few power punches. Froch is known as a slow starter. He needs to be careful in the future though. Had he not knocked out Taylor in that last round he would have lost the fight because two judges had it 106-102 Taylor and one 106-102 Froch. The reason for the judges scoring that way is that the fight is was in the US.

Blue Devils

Mentor
JD1986 said:
moose said:
froch has style like the boxers 100 years ago, kind of like stanley ketchel and like ketchel he is a pole, but froch is also a semite, is he the only jewish world champion?

According to the Jewish definition of a Jew, Froch is not one. His Jewish ancestry is on his father's side, while his mother is an English gentile. They have a belief that "Jewishness" must be passed on by the maternal bloodline.

But I noticed Al Bernstein was not discrediting and being negative about him last night, like he normally would to a white boxer!
smiley36.gif

Edited by: Blue Devils

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Jermain Taylor has no future at middleweight or super middlweight. He would get destroyed by Kessler, Abraham, or Pavlik. He should retire now because any white guy in these divisions will beat him. He is a good fighter though just not good enough.

Blue Devils

Mentor
JD1986 said:
moose said:
froch has style like the boxers 100 years ago, kind of like stanley ketchel and like ketchel he is a pole, but froch is also a semite, is he the only jewish world champion?

According to the Jewish definition of a Jew, Froch is not one. His Jewish ancestry is on his father's side, while his mother is an English gentile. They have a belief that "Jewishness" must be passed on by the maternal bloodline.

But I noticed Al Bernstein was not discrediting and being negative about him last night, like he normally would to a white boxer!
smiley36.gif

Is there any truth to Froch being Jewish? I heard that on a boxing forum by some Froch hater but I've never heard it from Froch. Can somebody provide a link or proof. Not that it matters.

The Froch surname sounded very central European to me. I looked it up and it's English. His family probably chose an Anglo name like most Jews do these days.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Blue Devils said:
Is there any truth to Froch being Jewish? I heard that on a boxing forum by some Froch hater but I've never heard it from Froch. Can somebody provide a link or proof. Not that it matters.

The Froch surname sounded very central European to me. I looked it up and it's English. His family probably chose an Anglo name like most Jews do these days.

I don't know for certain, but here's his wiki profile:

Carl Froch

He attended a Roman Catholic school.