Carl Froch vs. Jermain Taylor

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
I read in the paper that Froch will be fighting Jermain Taylor for the vacant supermiddleweight title that Joe Calzaghe relinquished in his quest to fight Roy Jones. Dissapointment as Hugo Garay beat Barashian the other night by unanimous decision to win the vacant light heavyweight title.

Westside

Hall of Famer
Just viewed the weigh in photos at ESB, and Frochy is ripped! This is going to be a close brutal fight. I am hoping Froch can topple Taylor. It won't be easy. Can't wait for tommorrow.

j41181

Master
Westside said:
Just viewed the weigh in photos at ESB, and Frochy is ripped! This is going to be a close brutal fight. I am hoping Froch can topple Taylor. It won't be easy. Can't wait for tommorrow.
I'm looking forward to this fight. I gunning for a coming of age win by Froch!
smiley16.gif

The Hock

Master
Don't know that much about Froch. I think he gets by a lot on his athletic ability, much like Taylor. Taylor will check his chin, and if Froch passes that test, I think the second half of the fight will be his.

My crystal ball's a little cloudy on this one.

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Taylor is favored but Frochy can punch and take a punch (two things Jermaine cannot do). Could go either way.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
It starts at like 9 pm I believe. I really hate myself for saying this but I think Taylor will win. I sure hope Froch pulls through.Edited by: whiteathlete33

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
whiteathlete33 said:
It starts at like 9 pm I believe. I really hate myself for saying this but I think Taylor will win. I sure hope Froch pulls through.

I am also predicting a decision win for Taylor.

I don't really care, because I'm not a big fan of Froch anyway because of the way he repeatedly trashes and discredits Joe Calzaghe. Froch has the kind of attitude and big mouth typical of black fighters, while Taylor has the good sportsmanship typical of whites.

The Hock

Master
whiteathlete33 said:
It starts at like 9 pm I believe. I really hate myself for saying this but I think Taylor will win. I sure hope Froch pulls through.

You're just calling it as you see it, 33. If these were the bad old days, when white contenders and champions were few and far between, I'd be really nervous. But now, with so many more white men contending and winning championships, less is at stake, because even if Froch loses, we have more good fights to look forward to. These are the good new days.

This matchup is such an intriguing question mark.

j41181

Master
I have a gut feeling Taylor might score a win too. I just hope Froch does not screw this one. A Taylor win is not so bad, considering he's a nice and well-mannered for a black dude. I'm more worried about the media's reaction to this, a Froch win is like (yeah, whatever), while a Taylor win would be (he's back, ladies and gents, what a great victory!). The boxing media just sickens me these days.
smiley7.gif

Best of luck, to Froch! Win another for whitey!
smiley2.gif
Edited by: j41181

Westside

Hall of Famer
I reading about the doubt regarding Frochy's winning tonight's big fight. I am going to go out on a limb and predict a UD for Carl. I remember his last fight and he looked great. The most important thing I remember is his energy level. He appeared very fresh in the championship rounds, not to mention he can take a good shot to the chin. GO FROCHY!

You guys are right about Taylor, is a cool dude, for a black fighter.

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Apparently Frochy won by last second KO and was way behind. I was searching for the damn live stream and couldnt find one.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
The last round was one of the best I've ever seen...
smiley32.gif

Froch was behind on the cards going into the last round. But he dominated the 12th, knocked Taylor down and badly hurt him with a minute left, then had him helpless in the corner with 14 seconds left.

Better than a Rocky movie by far.

TKO 12 for Froch.
smiley20.gif
Edited by: JD1986

j41181

Master
HuuuuuuWeeeee!!!!!

Froch with the W!!!

Way to go, Froch!!!!
smiley16.gif
Edited by: j41181

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Even the black racists and drunk white fans at Eastsideboxing.com are giving credit to the heart of Froch.

WHITE NOISE

Mentor
Nice combo shots to Sad intentions head. Froch had him drunk on the ropes, hands down and defenseless. The ref made a great call in stopping the fight, because Sad intentions would have sustained further brain damage.

Froch looked good tonight. He kept on plugging away and got Jermain. What a great fight! Carl is now in line to start unifying. Credit to Jermain, he could have cried about the fight stopping with :13 seconds left but he took it like a man. But it was Froch's night and time for him to ascend and to possibly face Bute!
smiley32.gif

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Excellent day for white boxers. Sturm, Froch and Balzsay defended their belts. John Duddy was exposed a bit but at least he lost a decision against a white journeyman. Pete Manfredo even got a win over Walid Smitchet to represent the white Americans.

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Still have to rate Kessler and Bute ahead of Froch. Not sure about Balzsay who may be a sleeper at 168.

Amren.com

Mentor
Liverlips said:
Apparently Frochy won by last second KO and was way behind. I was searching for the damn live stream and couldnt find one.

Froch only a little behind by the 12th round. Thankfully he was able to TKO Taylor so the scorecards weren't needed. Glad to have called this one wrong!