Alexander Povetkin

Westside

Hall of Famer
Atlas or no Atlas, next fight Alex better impress. Getting kind of tired of waiting for a breakout performance from him against a top ten opponent.

ww

Guru
lost said:
There's rumors that Povetkin has dumped Atlas, dose anybody here know something about it?
<div></div>I can find nothing.....

I thought that was a done deal. I didn't realize it was merely a rumor.

Westside

Hall of Famer
Maybe the realization of missing out on at the very least of 2 million dollars has finally come home. Thanks Uncle Teddy.
smiley42.gif

We are about to see boxing at its very worst now, after months of being respectful of the Klitschkos, now Povetkin is ripping into them over socalled slave contracts, where have we heard this before? and all this in the middle of rumors that a Haye vs Povetkin fight is all but a done deal,
I wouldn't be suspicious if not for Haye's history of ducking any top fighters, and now takeing on a good "young" fighter from outof the blue after clearly ducking an older and more shopworn Chagaev, we may see a Harrison styled "Hoaxe" again.......
http://www.boxingscene.com/alexander-povetkin-i-not-slave-klitschko--35936

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
lost said:
We are about to see boxing at its very worst now, after months of being respectful of the Klitschkos, now Povetkin is ripping into them over socalled slave contracts, where have we heard this before? and all this in the middle of rumors that a Haye vs Povetkin fight is all but a done deal,
<div>I wouldn't be suspicious if not for Haye's history of ducking any top fighters, and now takeing on a good "young" fighter from outof the blue after clearly ducking an older and more shopworn Chagaev, we may see a Harrison styled "Hoaxe" again.......</div>
<div>http://www.boxingscene.com/alexander-povetkin-i-not-slave-klitschko--35936</div>

Haye will not fight Povetkin just like he wouldn't fight Chagaev or Adamek. The guy is a joke.

Westside

Hall of Famer
Povetkin should just STFU! A show a break out performance and fire Uncle teddy asap. The nerve of him.

whiteathlete33 said:
lost said:
I wouldn't be suspicious if not for Haye's history of ducking any top fighters, and now takeing on a good "young" fighter from outof the blue after clearly ducking an older and more shopworn Chagaev, we may see a Harrison styled "Hoaxe" again.......
http://www.boxingscene.com/alexander-povetkin-i-not-slave-klitschko--35936

Haye will not fight Povetkin just like he wouldn't fight Chagaev or Adamek. The guy is a joke.
He'll fight Povetkin if the fix is in. Both are saulerland fighters now,

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
smiley2.gif
lost said:
whiteathlete33 said:
lost said:
<div>I wouldn't be suspicious if not for Haye's history of ducking any top fighters, and now takeing on a good "young" fighter from outof the blue after clearly ducking an older and more shopworn Chagaev, we may see a Harrison styled "Hoaxe" again.......</div>
<div>http://www.boxingscene.com/alexander-povetkin-i-not-slave-klitschko--35936</div>

He'll fight Povetkin if the fix is in. Both are saulerland fighters now,

Franco

Exhibit A for wasted talent, getting Teddy Atlas was stupid, and joining Sauerland may have sealed his fate. This Olympic champ can't seem to follow Wladimir Klitschko's footsteps.

Blue Devils

Mentor
I've heard rumors that Povetkin will take on undefeated Brazilian Fabio Maldonado 22-0(21).

Maldonado is a White looking Brazilian.

200px-Fabio_Maldonado.jpg

ww

Guru
Maldonado is a White looking Brazilian.

He's white looking because he's white.

ww

Guru
Franco said:
Exhibit A for wasted talent, getting Teddy Atlas was stupid...

Worse than stupid. Sinister. There's a lot more to this than they are letting on, and it's not pretty, and it has to do with the boxing mobsters. Out of all the people in the world why would a nice Russian boy pick a psychopathic Jewish street criminal from New York City to be his manager?

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
The fight between Alexander Povetkin and Marco Huck on Saturday will be televised by BoxNation in the UK and by EPIX in the US.

This will very likely be a good fight. I think Povetkin will stop Huck late.

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Povetkin has 20 pounds on Huck. Very stupid move on Huck's part. He should stay at crusier if 209 is his normal weight.

Povetkin via TKO in 8 or 9.

white is right

Hall of Famer
Povetkin has 20 pounds on Huck. Very stupid move on Huck's part. He should stay at crusier if 209 is his normal weight.

Povetkin via TKO in 8 or 9.
From the look of the weigh in Huck really didn't gain any size from his usual weight. He just didn't bother to dry out and probably ate 3 filling meals. I actually think coming in at 209 was smarter than coming in at 225+. Any extra weight on Huck will just slow him down and make him easier to hit. That said Povetkin should steam roll him at some point in the fight.

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
I can only assume Huck walks around at 209. So, yes he will be a little stronger and have more stamina than usual. But 20 pounds is a lot to overcome and it is not like Huck is a lot more talented than Povetkin.

Maybe he will make a nice payday and head back to where he belongs - cruiserweight.

white is right

Hall of Famer
I have Huck up 4 to 2 in rounds. He rocked Sasha in the 4th, Povetkin seems to need a bad shot to wake up and start attacking....

white is right

Hall of Famer
Huck with a big 7th, he had Sasha nearly out on his feet near the end of the round. The Puerto Rican referee is a factor in this fight he is stopping the flow of the action with ticky tacky calls.

white is right

Hall of Famer
Huck with a decent round in the 9th. Povetkin looked wobbly and out on his feet when he went back to his corner at the end of the round. A big upset could be in the works!

white is right

Hall of Famer
Yes it would be a big blow out win for either brother. He is too wide open. Also if Huck were a real heavyweight he would have probably ko'd him by now.