2024 NFL Draft

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Dominique Foxworth drops some unbelievable quotes in that article that I can scarcely believe were published:
The biggest problem down here in the southeast is that when you go to HS top prospect camps, you don't see white players a CB, RB or WR and not too many LB's either. White players here need to fight through it and get tougher and battle for position. Shipley fortunately went to a HS in the Charlotte suburbs that was mostly white, but he was elite anyway and Weddington HS beat up on mostly black HS teams for 3 NC state championships and he was also an indoor 60m track champion.
It seems the midwest; Iowa, Wisconsin, etc. white players have a better chance to change the narrative. I would like to see more Dejean's coming out of the SE part of the US.

icsept

Master
Got a 2nd draft magazine. Interesting difference between the two on Cody Schrader. One has him ranks him 25th and a FA, while the other has him 6th ranked and a 4th round pick.

The mag that ranks him 25th says his "short arms and small wingspan (redundant a little?) make him easy to evade and overcome in pass protection." I really can't make sense of this sentence. Why would the defender be concerned with evading the player they're defending? All I can chalk this up to is lack of attention to what they're writing, or maybe some AA stupidity.

At least the one who rate him 6th (they like his knack for tough yards and red zone situations) believe he has a chance for an NFL career.
The “short arms” pass blocking myth has been thoroughly debunked. Furthermore, when has anybody focused on pass protection when rating a running back’s draft potential?l. They have to come up with something random to downgrade the best running back in the allegedly best conference. Caste gymnastics.

NikoDuke

Mentor
The biggest problem down here in the southeast is that when you go to HS top prospect camps, you don't see white players a CB, RB or WR and not too many LB's either. White players here need to fight through it and get tougher and battle for position.
^^ this is on point.. the Caste system pushes White athletes at very young ages into certain positions so by college , there are very few Whites to choose from in those positions. And soon enough, QB will be one of those positions... It's not that Whites lack athleticism to succeed , it's that they're discouraged at very young ages from even trying..

Warhawk_46

Master
Carson Steele being put down for a 4.77 40 is detrimental to his chances.

A time like that would -and has- disqualify plenty of black running backs. It is a death sentence for a white one.

I also read it was 4.6 earlier. What changed?

Last edited:

Warhawk_46

Master
The “short arms” pass blocking myth has been thoroughly debunked. Furthermore, when has anybody focused on pass protection when rating a running back’s draft potential?l. They have to come up with something random to downgrade the best running back in the allegedly best conference. Caste gymnastics.
Pass protection is a very important aspect of a complete running back. It means he can be a three-down back.

That being said, in no way, shape or form does a running back require long arms. And the difference we are talking about between a “long-armed” prospect and one with “a short wingspan” is literally a couple of inches. It makes not a single iota of difference.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
I'm quite surprised with the 40 time. 4.43 hand timed is fast, but not really in the top ten as the article states. 4.43 translates to around 4.48+ laser time, typically. I thought he would go sub 4.4 hand timed. Of the 29 CB's at the NFL Combine, that puts Dejean in the 17-20th range. Only 2 CB's of the 29 ran higher than 4.54. Not great if you're white. Maybe his injury has affected him or he's just a faster game type player, because he certainly looks faster than 4.5 on the field. I hope this isn't held against him.
BTW, Riley Moss ran a 4.45 laser timed.
Troy Apke ran a 4.34 laser time.

Last edited:

SneakyQuick

Mentor
I'm quite surprised with the 40 time. 4.43 hand timed is fast, but not really in the top ten as the article states. 4.43 translates to around 4.48+ laser time, typically. I thought he would go sub 4.4 hand timed. Of the 29 CB's at the NFL Combine, that puts Dejean in the 17-20th range. Only 2 CB's of the 29 ran higher than 4.54. Not great if you're white. Maybe his injury has affected him or he's just a faster game type player, because he certainly looks faster than 4.5 on the field. I hope this isn't held against him.
They should make corners run sideways and time that Or backwards. Probably be more meaningful

Warhawk_46

Master
I was also quite surprised how slow he ran. Both he and Carson Steele ran much slower than I thought they would.

Tannehill17

Mentor
We need DeJean to stay at CB and excel, and hopefully Riley Moss too. And some might also then wonder why the only two White CBs in the NFL come out of the same college program.
Don't forget Ethan Bonner with the Dolphins. As someone who follows Miami closely, he's been listed as a "player to watch" and he's already shown more as an UDFA than fellow CB Cam Smith who was a 2nd round pick.

Warhawk_46

Master
Don't forget Ethan Bonner with the Dolphins. As someone who follows Miami closely, he's been listed as a "player to watch" and he's already shown more as an UDFA than fellow CB Cam Smith who was a 2nd round pick.
Good call I had forgotten about him! He is a talented cornerback who just needs an opportunity on the field.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Indeed. We could have DeJean, Moss and Bonner all getting meaningful snaps at CB this coming season. That would constitute a mini renaissance.

Tannehill17

Mentor
Interesting note about Bonner.
1712713764641.png

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Indeed. We could have DeJean, Moss and Bonner all getting meaningful snaps at CB this coming season. That would constitute a mini renaissance.
Bonner was undrafted, which obviously works against him, especially as a White CB, whereas the Broncos traded up to get Moss in the third round and DeJean should go in the first round. If Bonner does play meaningful snaps it will probably come after a racial apprenticeship of indeterminate length, but the fact that the Dolphins did play him some in their playoff game last season is promising. Here's a pretty good article about him which I'll post here, but any further discussion of him should go in the Dolphins forum:

Bonner, called the second-fastest Dolphin, addresses where he stands after playoff snaps

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
This article does have some solid parts but Foxworth stating that the way blacks have been treated at the qb position is a travesty and is very tone deaf when considering Whites have been treated poorly and discriminated against at every single position.

Frankly more current and former White players need to speak up and advocate for their fellow Whites. The whole White outlier syndrome needs to be questioned. The argument can be framed pretty simply too.

Just ask someone if they really believe that Christian McCaffery was the only White person viewed as capable of being a number 1 RB in almost 4 decades? That Cooper DeJean somehow became the only White athlete able to play Cornerback since Jason Sehorn (Eric Weddle maybe but he got moved over to caste appropriate safety rather than CB)?

The NIL era will more than likely see White athletes ignored further in the recruiting process as every team is going to be throwing money at blacks that “look the part” along with college athletics ignoring academic standards completely.

Warhawk_46

Master
I actually think the NIL, as much as I hate the concept, could be beneficial. Young white men are increasingly aware of how important their “personal brand” is. Universities seriously have classes on it. Social media has enabled people to get messages out that traditional media gatekeepers have not allowed.

It is happening with political stories and, increasingly, with athletes. White guys need to do is embrace their “brand” and promote themselves. Post videos of their athletic feats, of their training, of them burning black kids at camps, etc.

SneakyQuick

Mentor
I actually think the NIL, as much as I hate the concept, could be beneficial. Young white men are increasingly aware of how important their “personal brand” is. Universities seriously have classes on it. Social media has enabled people to get messages out that traditional media gatekeepers have not allowed.

It is happening with political stories and, increasingly, with athletes. White guys need to do is embrace their “brand” and promote themselves. Post videos of their athletic feats, of their training, of them burning black kids at camps, etc.
I agree. I still think the affirmative action part will still work against us but athletes need to be their own advocates.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
According to this article the Chiefs, Chargers and Raiders have interest in Carson Steele, and he has virtual meetings scheduled with "10 to 12 teams" as he "seems to be garnering interest despite not being invited to the NFL Combine."

Chiefs Competing With AFC West Rivals For Potential Isiah Pacheco Backup​

white lightning

Hall of Famer
According to this article the Chiefs, Chargers and Raiders have interest in Carson Steele, and he has virtual meetings scheduled with "10 to 12 teams" as he "seems to be garnering interest despite not being invited to the NFL Combine."

I personally think he would fit in great on the Chargers. He looks like a California Surfer Boy who lives in the gym. The Rock & Roll Raiders would be an ok spot if he could control himself from Sin City. Haha. The Chiefs wouldn't be bad either. Many other teams could use him.
I just hope he goes to a team that he will be more than just a special teams human wrecking ball.

Last edited:

The transfer portal is a huge benefit to white athletes, but I'm not sure about NIL. Frankly, superficial self-promotion comes natural to black athletes, in stark contrast to the "put your head down and work" mentality most white athletes have. Either way, it's part of the game now so these kids better get a decent PR team.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer

Steele could certainly be a Toby Gerhart type running back. Logically the Chargers make sense as Steele fits the mold of a powerful RB that Harbaugh has always seemed to utilize in his offense.

Still really hoping that Maye/McCarthy/Nix end up on the Broncos, Vikings and Rams one way or another. Pratt and an unknown QB Michael Hiers out of Samford have both met with the Jets.

Media seems hellbent on getting a quota onto the Giants to replace Daniel Jones. QB is a position the Giants should not really be focusing on as they have both Jones and Devito on the roster. Replacing the sumo bookends would be the better decision.