2023 World Outdoor Season

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
Boling and the USA take the gold medal, but I was not happy with this race.
Femke Bol fell hard at the end of the race....I hope she didn't get hurt. And it might also affect her confidence in the hurdles.
Boling, meanwhile, did not look great on his leg...just adequate. But now he has a WC gold and a World Record on his resume.

sprintstar

Mentor
Yah that sucks badly but a bright note Boling did well and got a gold medal and a world record to boot! I think Bol panicked as no-one has tested her like that this year.....she will hopefully not have any cuts facial bruises from that fall, come back and kick ass.....

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Boling and the USA take the gold medal, but I was not happy with this race.
Femke Bol fell hard at the end of the race....I hope she didn't get hurt. And it might also affect her confidence in the hurdles.
Boling, meanwhile, did not look great on his leg...just adequate. But now he has a WC gold and a World Record on his resume.

I'm very happy for Matthew Boling. I don't really agree with this event being part of the championships but regardless
I'm happy for him and the US Team. Gold Medal and World Records even in a relay squad looks nice on his resume.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
This video is in Polish but this is Dominik Kopecs run of 10.12 in Heat 1 out of lane 1. Very tough lane draw but his start was amazing!

proxy-image

MŚ w LA Budapeszt 2023 el. 100mM 1/7 Dominik Kopeć​

Lukasz Golinski

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
If you go to 1hr 15mins of this video, you can see Rohan Browning's heat.
He looked good.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
If you go to 1hr 15mins of this video, you can see Rohan Browning's heat.
He looked good.

Thanks for reposting this link. One of my favorite websites anywhere as you can watch the races over and over!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Hassan Taftian made it through to the semi finals too so that helps a little with Ceccarelli not running good along with some other
guys. I was most disapointed by the performances of Julian Wagner and Markus Fuchs today in the mens 100 meters.

greyghost

Mentor
The young Norwegian ingvaldsen. will run 43s ..either in Budapest or later in the season .....natural 400 ...great talent ...
Also browning relaxed and looking good ..with a bit of luck with the semi final draw he can make a final ......
Pity cole beck doesn’t declare for GB or lireland ....

greyghost

Mentor
Also ..who cares what Kerley does ( he is dirty anyway) ..........but young browning definitely has the capacity to 9.9s in Budapest ....he ran 10.11 into -0.4 ....while looking very controlled ...he looks good ...and I like his quite confidence ..beats the US and Jamaican shithousery on the track ...

mastermulti

Master
Hassan Taftian made it through to the semi finals too so that helps a little with Ceccarelli not running good along with some other
guys. I was most disapointed by the performances of Julian Wagner and Markus Fuchs today in the mens 100 meters.
to tell the truth, I'd be more surprised when a German male makes it through. They've been weak international performers in the sprints for 1/3 century now. The split Germanies had a few half decent 100 and 400 men in the 80s but have been totally absent since

freedom1

Mentor
Havard Bentdal Ingvaldsen (HBI) is a prodigy. He is closing in on the European 400 meters record. He hit a 44.39 today. It really shows how important inspiration is as Karsten Warholm has showed him the way.

freedom1

Mentor
I can see Larson and Ceccareli choking, as they haven't been to the big dance before. But I expected more from Browning. I would think he is seasoned enough now to put it together. Also, he looked very smooth in his first race.

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
Havard Bentdal Ingvaldsen (HBI) is a prodigy. He is closing in on the European 400 meters record. He hit a 44.39 today. It really shows how important inspiration is as Karsten Warholm has showed him the way.
That was a National Record for Ingvaldsen.
And Norway also has Narve Gilje Nordas into the 1500m final, along with Jakob Ingebrigtsen.
Of course Karsten Warholm is another Norwegian we can expect to make the finals of his event.
Go Norway!!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
That was a National Record for Ingvaldsen.
And Norway also has Narve Gilje Nordas into the 1500m final, along with Jakob Ingebrigtsen.
Of course Karsten Warholm is another Norwegian we can expect to make the finals of his event.
Go Norway!!

Havard Bentdal Ingvaldsen is another young 20 year old PHENOM from Norway. Where do they find these guys? Viking Power. I wish
he would have saved that race for the semi finals of finals but I will still take it. A new Norway National Record!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
We had 2 out of 3 of our lovely ladies winning medals in the Womens Long Jump including the GOLD MEDAL. :number_one:

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
I want to highlight some rising stars from Euro U20 Championships that we need to keep an eye on in the future:

18 yr old Niels Laros of the Netherlands won both the 1500m and 5000m. He is a prodigy who had previously bettered Jakob Ingebrigsten's European U18 records in 1500m and 3000m. Definitely a star in the making.
18 yr old Niels Laros looked great in the 1500 semis of the World Championships, and has made it into the finals.
Amazing!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Despite none of our guys in the Mens 100 Meters making the Finals they all still ran ok. What I mean is they didn't embarass themselves. It
was a very fast World Champs and I'm still proud of these guys. I did think at least 1 of them would make the finals but even Fred Kerley
didn't make the finals and he was one of the favorites. Many big stars left out so all is not lost. I still salute our guys.

Rohan Browning 10.11 -0.3

Dominik Kopec 10.15 +0.3

Henrik Larsson 10.20 -0.3

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Ewa Swoboda hits a 10.98 into a -0.4 wind!!

Swoboda made it look easy from the outside lane. Very tough to do. He 2nd wind legal sub 11. Luckenkemper
made it through as well as Hobbs, Takacs, Frey, and my new crush Rosius,

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Despite none of our guys in the Mens 100 Meters making the Finals they all still ran ok. What I mean is they didn't embarass themselves. It
was a very fast World Champs and I'm still proud of these guys. I did think at least 1 of them would make the finals but even Fred Kerley
didn't make the finals and he was one of the favorites. Many big stars left out so all is not lost. I still salute our guys.

Rohan Browning 10.11 -0.3

Dominik Kopec 10.15 +0.3

Henrik Larsson 10.20 -0.3

Another thing I noticed. Dominik Kopec had the extreme inside lane in both of his heats. Extremely tough lane draw as in the
very outside lanes it's almost impossible to react to the gun like in the lanes 3, 4, 5 and 6. Regarding the US Champion Noah Lyles.
The man is very talented but his demonic beastly signs & symbols are very disturbing. Not a fan what so ever. Henrik Larsson had
the extreme outside lane and Browning almost the inside lane in lane 2.

Mens 100 Meters Semi Finals Heat 1

Mens !00 Meter Semi Finals Heat 3

Last edited:

white lightning

Hall of Famer
18 yr old Niels Laros looked great in the 1500 semis of the World Championships, and has made it into the finals.
Amazing!

This kid is no average teenager. Bound to be another superstar. I love what's happening in so many events which helps
to make up for the disapointment from the mens sprints. Don't count out the women sprinters though as we may see
a couple make it to the 100 meter finals. I sure hope so but we need to celebrate the historic greatness we are seeing from
track athletes like Warholm, Ingebrigtsen, Duplantis, Laros and Bol to just name a few superstars of athletics.

Last edited:

freedom1

Mentor
This not holding the relays until the end is really stupid. I wanted to see Femke Bol as fresh as possible for her main event.