2023 World Outdoor Season

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
Renan Correa of Brazil and a couple of Japanese sprinters have made it through the heats to qualify for the semi-finals.
Filippo Tortu and Ramil Guliyev were non-qualifiers.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
we don’t talk much about the pole vault outside of the phenomenal Mondo, however it’s an impressive display of overall athleticism ESPECIALLY at the elite level. the athletes have to be pretty fast, very strong, and have both tremendous flexibility and spacial cognition.

all that being said, there’s a competitor that’s made it to the finals that i have personally had the opportunity to watch on a few occasions. Zach McWhorter went to high school in Northwest Arkansas just down the road a few miles from where i used to live. his dad had a house even closer that had a regulation pole vault pit installed for him to practice on. it’s super cool to know that a young man from my part of the world has overcome a LOT of challenges to achieve at that level. best of luck to him this afternoon!

Wow what a great story. Thanks Jimmy Chitwood. Yes when a local guy that you know makes it to the big time it's extra special. I went
to high school with a guy that made the nfl and played for over 12 years and was one of the better players at his position. Not gonna
name the school or the guy but it's super cool to know someone that beat all the odds. I will root for the kid. Would be great if he could
grab a silver or bronze but this is one of the tougher groups of men in the Pole Vault. It won't be easy. Just making the finals is amazing though! Good luck to Zach McWhorter today.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Renan Correa of Brazil and a couple of Japanese sprinters have made it through the heats to qualify for the semi-finals.
Filippo Tortu and Ramil Guliyev were non-qualifiers.

You forgot 22 year old Ondrej Macik of CZE. Glad Correa made it. Tortu didn't run good but to be honest it's not all his
fault. He was in a tough heat. There are 4 sprinters that qualified all with slower times than Tortu from different heats.
That's the luck of the draw. Again though I will scream and shout that Tortu is one of the biggest wastes of talent I've seen
in many years. A sprinter who has run 9.99 and 20.10 wasting away the last 3 years and he & his coach could care less! :smash2:

freedom1

Mentor
Nice to see Warholm, get another gold, and Kaczmarek a silver. Too bad about Tortu. When he ran that 9.99, I was thinking he was the next Lemaitre. It's become apparent that for a non-steroidal athlete, 10.00 is really a barrier of human limitations. There are only a few freaks who can get much faster than that.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Nice to see Warholm, get another gold, and Kaczmarek a silver. Too bad about Tortu. When he ran that 9.99, I was thinking he was the next Lemaitre. It's become apparent that for a non-steroidal athlete, 10.00 is really a barrier of human limitations. There are only a few freaks who can get much faster than that.

Filippo Tortu ran a 200 meters time of 20.10 just last summer. His coach has really messed with the kid though. He runs about one
100 meter race per year. They went away from everything that made him famous. He rally only has run the 4 x 100 Relays and the
200 meters for several years now and ever since they did this he got slower and slower minus that one race last summer in Oregon.
He needs a new coach. Funny how Lemaitre, Tortu and now Boling have all been mishandled and had horrible coaching advice. Then
people wonder why people question that this only happens to our guys.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I thought she would win the gold medal but I'm still very proud of Kaczmarek. She is the first Polish Women Sprinter
to ever win a medal at a World Championshps!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I have no words for how Jakub Ingebrigtsen must feel. The most dominate 1500 meter ever and yet he got the silver medal in the last
2 World Championships. He is so much faster than all of these guys 95 percent of the time. Glad Norway got 2 medals in the 1500 meters
and congrats to Kerr of the United Kingdome!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Long Live the "Viking Warrior" Karsten Warholm! :number_one:

freedom1

Mentor
I have no words for how Jakub Ingebrigtsen must feel. The most dominate 1500 meter ever and yet he got the silver medal in the last
2 World Championships. He is so much faster than all of these guys 95 percent of the time. Glad Norway got 2 medals in the 1500 meters
and congrats to Kerr of the United Kingdome!

He said he was off, felt weak. When I was watching this vid of him, I have to admit, I went to see if he has a girlfriend and he does.

sprintstar

Mentor
Ingebrigtsen ran a tactical race that he normally does not run and he made a huge mistake in doing so....Kerr full value for first as was the 3rd place kid from Norway....3 whites...1/2/3 Blacks must be going about bat shyte crazy about now Add that to the fact The Viking won going away.... Now I truly hope Hodgkinson puts away thething mo....

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
Tortu didn't run good but to be honest it's not all his fault.
Sorry, but it is his fault. He ran only 20.46 in a fast heat. He couldn't have had a better opportunity to be the fastest qualifier. He just wasn't ready. He is reminiscent of Lemaitre now. And like Lemaitre, he needs to change coaches, or he's more or less done as an elite European sprinter.

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
I thought she would win the gold medal but I'm still very proud of Kaczmarek. She is the first Polish Women Sprinter
to ever win a medal at a World Championshps!

Yes, big congratulations to Kaczmarek!!!
As far as I am concerned, she is the gold medalist because Paulino is another Caster Semenya - not fully female.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Yes, big congratulations to Kaczmarek!!!
As far as I am concerned, she is the gold medalist because Paulino is another Caster Semenya - not fully female.

Kacz for short waited to long to go into her sprint. If she started sooner it could have been closer but she would probably
have still lost. So happy for Poland. L. Klaver faded horribly. From 3rd only the way down to finishing 6th. So sad as she is
better than that. Maybe the heat got to her as she has been finishing these 400 races alot better this summer.

NikoDuke

Mentor
Sorry, but it is his fault. He ran only 20.46 in a fast heat. He couldn't have had a better opportunity to be the fastest qualifier. He just wasn't ready. He is reminiscent of Lemaitre now. And like Lemaitre, he needs to change coaches, or he's more or less done as an elite European sprinter.
I agree that is his fault. He hasn't developed and that's on him.
That's a byproduct of the caste system, it pushes out the majority of White athletes at a young age thus, when an athlete underperforms as naturally happens, there's just not enough White athletes to offset. It's partially a numbers game.

freedom1

Mentor
It looks like HBI choked in the 400 final, but that's OK. It's great experience for him and will make him better. He runs so well when he is relaxed!!

NikoDuke

Mentor
Miltiadis Tentoglou is a stud. Beat both of his Jamaican adversaries to claim the gold in dramatic fashion. Just goes to show what White athletes can do. Imagine if there was no caste system and if Whites had minimal career options to take them away from sports, how impactful would they be in athletics. And yes, I consider Greeks to be White..

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Femke Bol is the World Champion! He has won 28 of her last 30 400 meter hurdles races. Epic performance! :number_one:

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Femke-BOL.jpg

All Athletics TV

Last edited:

sprintstar

Mentor
wow, just watched the womens(?) 100mh final and all I have to say is take the drugs away from Amuson and she is average at best.....Charlton is half male or is she a lesbian.....

sprintstar

Mentor
Congrats to Bol....she won easily...I also want to congrats to Little she finally got rid of the stupid yellow flower in hair and the secretary glasses. I believe she runs clean....

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Fantastic performance by Tentoglou to win on his last jump.

Every time Tentoglou jumps I am expecting a potential world record. He is that good. Just the right time, the right day
and the right conditions and it can happen! Phenomenal long jumper and overall athlete!

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
Ingebrigtsen ran a tactical race that he normally does not run and he made a huge mistake in doing so....Kerr full value for first as was the 3rd place kid from Norway....3 whites...1/2/3
Interesting that Ingebrigsten lost this year's WC and last year's WC, to Scottish runners. Last year Wightman, this year Kerr. As I've said before, Norway and Scotland are both punching far above their weight in T&F. And Scots also have some Viking roots.
So you could say that Vikings are dominating the 1500m, and that all the medals in this event went to Viking heritage.
Because 3rd place went to another Norwegian, Narve Gilje Nordas. He finished very close to Ingebrigtsen, and is coached by Ingebrigtsen's father!