2023 World Outdoor Season

freedom1

Mentor
Wonder what's up with Matthew? I suppose it's good he didn't run. It could be psychologically damaging to get blown away again.

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
Cole peaked so well, wish he could run again right away in a meet where he could just relax and blast a good time (no prelims and high pressure).
Maybe he will run at the US Trials. Just to say that he did, and to see if he can improve his time.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Here is a snapshot of her dominance in this race. What is that, a 15 or 20 meter lead at the finish?!

View attachment 3925

First off yes your exactly right jacknyc! She is so dominant just like Ingy was. She is 21 and he is 22. Man these are some glory
days for many of us track fans who like to see european men and women become the best in the world! Exciting times and I
feel like I've waited my whole life to see some of these performances. Congrats to a true superstar Keely Hodgkinson. If I had
to guess I would say it was a 20 meter victory! Unheard of at that distance.

As far as Cole Beck running at nationals we can hope can't we? I was hoping for another p.b. today because it might change his
mind about his potential future. It's just so hard to not jump at a guaranteed contract for millions of dollars but that is only if the
nfl drafts and signs him. I don't trust the nfl just like the nba.

Why I love athletics. The purest form of sport on earth. The clock doesn't lie. If your good the world will see it!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
To the night owls here the Track Meet in Geneva, Switzerland starts in 2 hours from now on youtube on the european athletics channel.

A few names in the 100 like Pascal Mancini, Joris Van Gool and a few others. No big names.

In the 200 meters we will finally see Charlie Dobson in his first race of the outdoor season. It seems the kid races only a few times
a year which is so odd. He has talent with his p.b. of 20.19 but he just doesn't race. So strange just like with Amy Hunt. Same thing.

Last edited:

mastermulti

Master
To the night owls here the Track Meet in Geneva, Switzerland starts in 2 hours from now on youtube on the european athletics channel.

A few names in the 100 like Pascal Mancini, Joris Van Gool and a few others. No big names.

In the 200 meters we will finally see Charlie Dobson in his first race of the outdoor season. It seems the kid races only a few times
a year which is so odd. He has talent with his p.b. of 20.19 but he just doesn't race. So strange just like with Amy Hunt. Same thing.

watching it now mate. Thx for the heads up. There are quite a few people we've actually seen including a 19 year old Australian (Lachlan Kennedy) who started in his last year of high school and ran 10.32 legal in March after 2 years training.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
Yeah he looked a little tight but I'm still proud of him. This was the fastest NCAA 100 Meters ever run from top to bottom. In
tonights race 7 of the 9 sprinters went sub 10 wind legal. That doesn't happen even at alot of olympics or world championships.

Cole Beck didn't execute any of the parts of his race up to his liking yet still ran 10.05 like a jog in the park. That time is very, very good
and we should still be very proud of the kid. He helped to make up for the sad season Boling had. If Cole Beck plays football like he plans
he will be uncoverable. Will they throw him the ball? Will the NFL let him become a star? Only time will tell but he also could have a very
lucrative track career if football doesn't pan out. His last 3 races were 10.05, 9.97 and 10.05! Simply amazing. Why does he have to quit
track? We already lost Gatlin Bair to football and now we may never see Cole Beck on a track again!

I selfishly would love to see him go to Europe for some races but he won't as he wants to play in the nfl. I'm a fan either way.
white lightning described it well. i’m confident that Beck is not happy at all with his race, but despite his technical issues he still ran a very fast time which should be VERY encouraging. here is the race:

jacknyc

Hall of Famer

Charlie Dobson equaled his PB with a time of 20.19 in Geneva.

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
Some other notable results from Geneva:

Anvar Anvarov of Uzbekistan jumped 27ft in the Long Jump. Never heard of him before.
Allesandro Sibililo of Italy ran 48.23 in the 400m hurdles.
Adam Thomas of Britain, 10.23 in the 100m.
Rani Rosius (Belgium) and Melissa Gutschmidt (Switzerland), both 11.24 in the 100m.

Last edited:

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Some other notable results from Geneva:

Anvar Anvarov of Uzbekistan jumped 27ft in the Long Jump. Never heard of him before.
Allesandro Sibililo of Italy ran 48.23 in the 400m hurdles.
Adam Thomas of Britain, 10.23 in the 100m.
Rani Rosius (Belgium) and Melissa Goutschmidt (Switzerland), both 11.24 in the 100m.

That is quite impressive a jump from Anvarov. Maybe just the start of bigger and better things. Springs in his legs.

Adam Thomas seems to just be stuck betwwen 10.21 to 10.25 in most of his races. It might be his body limits for now but
I wish I could help them tweak his training to try something different. Even the best sprinters are known to switch things up
like for example the 400 meter hurdler Femke Bol who has a new stride pattern she is using this year. It takes alot of courage
to be that good and still try something new. So far she looks great and she isn't even comfortable with it yet.

Not sure who is Adam Thomas's Coach but they need to try something different.

Rani Rosius is very talented. Haven't seen Goutschmidt race much but they both ran ok. Would have liked 11.15ish better.

mastermulti

Master
That is quite impressive a jump from Anvarov. Maybe just the start of bigger and better things. Springs in his legs.

Adam Thomas seems to just be stuck betwwen 10.21 to 10.25 in most of his races. It might be his body limits for now but
I wish I could help them tweak his training to try something different. Even the best sprinters are known to switch things up
like for example the 400 meter hurdler Femke Bol who has a new stride pattern she is using this year. It takes alot of courage
to be that good and still try something new. So far she looks great and she isn't even comfortable with it yet.

Not sure who is Adam Thomas's Coach but they need to try something different.

Rani Rosius is very talented. Haven't seen Goutschmidt race much but they both ran ok. Would have liked 11.15ish better.
I agree that he may have reached his limit. He started well, accelerated well but doesn't have that top end. The 4 guys who beat him ran away after 70m or so.
Dobson though doesn't have that problem - he ran well for his 20.19. Let's hope he stays well and can compete more often

Texas Flash

white lightning described it well. i’m confident that Beck is not happy at all with his race, but despite his technical issues he still ran a very fast time which should be VERY encouraging. here is the race:

I saw the race live. You cant see it in the video but he lightly strained his hamstring. He was grabbing it after the race. If that hadnt happened he probably runs a least a tenth faster and runs a PR. There is no reason for him not to run at Nationals. He should be able to PR again.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
A couple of russian sprinters had a good start to the season even though it's a very late start.

Yaroslav Tkalich ran a 10.23 +0.6 wind. He is 27 years old now. He also has a 200 meter p.b. of 20.46 +0.1 he ran in 2022

22 year old Danil Ten ran a 10.24 to open his season. He just turned 22 in May and he has a p.b. of 10.19 from last year.
I expect him to break his p.b. easily this year and hopefully get down to the 10.10 range approx.

So many russian athletes have to serve military service which hurts their progression. Good luck to these 2 guys.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Another young sprinter to keep a close eye on over the next decade.

19 year old Filip Frederic a young sprinter from the Slovak Republic. He ran a 10.32 a couple of days ago for a new p.b. He won't
be 20 till next February so I can see him easily getting into the 10.20's this summer over the next few months. Any sprinter that runs
in the 10.20's at 19 has potential to take it to the next level. Time in on his side. It would be great to see him progress!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
European Sprinters in my opinion have to make some adjustments. Their season starts 1 month or even longer than the other sprinters
in the warmer parts of the world. So with a late start to the season we need to see the big stars racing more. If they want to get fast enough
to have a chance to succeed in the olympics and world champs then they need to race more. They have less time to do it and can't afford
to take so much time off between races. Just my opinion but it really does make it hard for them to reach the qualifying times to make the
individual events. Femke Bol is out there racing. So is Jakob Ing. so why are so many of the male/female sprinters not competing more? i just wish
some of these countries would race their star athletes more to let them progress quicker towards their peak condition before the start of the
major champioships. Why do you guys think?

white lightning

Hall of Famer
No one posted about Polish Sprinter Ewa Swoboda. She opened up her season on June 4th running a blazing 11.03 +0.4

So she ran this time all on her own in her first outdoor race of the summer! This ties her p.b. so look out for Swoboda this summer!
Yes the pics a few years old as I like looking at her better without all the tattoos! :)

6bc37cb3-11b8-4984-91c8-290634e69099.jpg

Finn_Track

Samuli Samuelsson equalled the Finnish NR with a time of 10.16.. wind was +1.3. The time was rounded up to 10.16 hours later, preliminary result being 10.15, strange how they can change results hours later.

A very fast time for such a small nation.

His actual time was 10.151

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Samuli Samuelsson equalled the Finnish NR with a time of 10.16.. wind was +1.3. The time was rounded up to 10.16 hours later, preliminary result being 10.15, strange how they can change results hours later.

A very fast time for such a small nation.

His actual time was 10.151

Yes and Go Finland! The blonde bullet. What a great result and a true role model for the youth there. Congrats Sami Samuelsson. I hope
he can get another national record down to around 10.10. The Flying Finn! :ole:

white lightning

Hall of Famer
On June 13th in Finland we will see the Paavo Nurmi Games. Some good lineups in the mens 100 along with other events.

Heat 2
Heat 1
PBSB
2Viljami Kaasalainen
FIN.gif

Jyväskylän Kenttäurheilijat
15.10.1995​
10.34 -20
3Mouhamadou Fall
FRA.gif

France
25.2.1992​
10.04 -2110.06
4Cravont Charleston
USA.gif

United States
2.1.1998​
9.91 -239.91
5Benjamin Azamati
GHA.gif

Ghana
14.1.1998​
9.90 -229.99
6Samuli Samuelsson
FIN.gif

Ikaalisten Urheilijat
23.6.1995​
10.16 -2210.16
7Julian Wagner
GER.gif

Germany
18.3.1998​
10.11 -2110.32
8Valtteri Louko
FIN.gif

Lapuan Virkiä
28.8.2003​
10.51 -2210.56
1Viktor Thor
SWE.gif

Borgå Akilles
17.3.2000​
10.47 -2210.54
2Henrik Larsson
SWE.gif

Sweden
30.9.1999​
10.20 -1910.30
3Jeremiah Azu
GBR.gif

Great Britain & NI
15.5.2001​
10.13 -2210.20
4Rohan Browning
AUS.gif

Australia
31.12.1997​
10.01 -2110.02
5Reece Prescod
GBR.gif

Great Britain & NI
29.2.1996​
9.93 -229.99
6Abdul Hakim Sani Brown
JPN.gif

Japan
6.3.1999​
9.97 -1910.13
7Riku Illukka
FIN.gif

Vantaan Salamat
21.9.1999​
10.26 -2110.37
8Eino Vuori
FIN.gif

Hämeenlinnan Tarmo
21.6.2002​
10.43 -2110.69

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I'm suprised to see Henrik Larsson in the the 100 because he just ran a second 200 meters a couple of days ago. Again that is not
his distance but they are trying to build more speed endurance for him. Remember he ran a 6.53 indoors which puts him in the area
of many sprinters that have the potential to go sub 10. Not sure if he will be rested enough but hope he is. If conditions are good I see
him running 10.15 approx with Wagner around 10.20 and Samuelson the same. Hoping Browning can elevate his game and get a time
of sub 10.10 at minimum. He has to get that sub 10 soon so he can stop thinking about it. That can affect you after several years of trying
and sometimes it leads to a sprinter trying to hard and actually slows them down. Relaxation is the key to going sub 10 along with great
speed endurance.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
What happened to the big Finn, Samuel Purola? Maybe a slight injury.

He has run a few times outdoors in the last month. He rarely runs the 100 anymore.

01 JUN 2023Marskin Kisa, Kimpisen yleisurheilukenttä, LappeenrantaFIN33.27EF1.1047
Outdoor
400 Metres
DateCompetitionCnt.ResultWindCatRacePl.ScoreRemarks
27 MAY 2023Nordic Senior Championships, CopenhagenDEN47.53CF22.1011

mastermulti

Master
only Browning (10.16) and Larsen (10.21) make it into the final for an hour's time. Wagner(10.28) and Samuelsson (10.38) don't progress

Last edited: