2023 World Outdoor Season

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Exciting News out of Germany today guys! I'm pumped! Let's Go!

First off in the heats Dominik Kopek of Poland ran a time of 10.06 to easily win his heat.

Julian Wagner of Germany ran a 10.11 to win his heat over Yannick Wolf who again tied his p.b. of 10.16!

Then in the finals Dominik Kopec sets yet another p.b. and New Meet Record of 10.05! Fantastic News. After his last
race I knew he is in great shape. This may be the year he breaks through for that sub 10. Poland is one the best european
countries as they don't put up with that mass immigration. The track team represents the country which is still Polish.

Poland has so many good young male & female sprinters. The future is bright there and I wish more countries in Europe would
follow their lead. What Dominik Kopec today will make him the face of sprinting there alongside Ewa Swoboda!

In the finals where Kopec won in a time of 10.05 +0.1 wind it was Yannick Wolf the young german who came in 2nd in a time
of 10.20! This young sprinter has a bright future ahead of him. Julian Wagner was 3rd running 10.23 after his fast heat earlier.

Last edited:

white lightning

Hall of Famer
On the womens side in Germany Gina Luckenkemper ran a slightly windy 10.98 followed up by a victory in 11.04 in the finals.

Even more exciting was Patrizia Van Der Weken ran a new personal best of 11.02 +1.3 wind for a new Meet Record!

white lightning

Hall of Famer

maxres.jpg

Dominik Kopeć: 10.05 (+0.1 m/s) PB MR​

sprinterzy.com

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Another young 22 year old German Sprinter we haven't mentioned much if at all.

Robin Ganter ran a 10.16 +0.5 in May for a new p.b. He also has a 20.74 200 meters p.b. so far this summer.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Meeting in Dessau-Rosslau: Dominik Kopeć brushed against the Polish record for 100 meters!

10.05!

dominik-kopec.avif

Polskio Radio

During the meeting in Dessau-Rosslau, Germany, Dominik Kopeć achieved the second result in the history of Polish athletics in the 100 m run - 10.05. The record holder of the country is Marian Woronin, who covered this distance in 10.00 in 1984.

n the qualifying run, Kopec improved his personal record by 0.14 seconds - from 10.20 to 10.06. In the final, the Polish representative improved by 0.01 second and set a meeting record. Second was Yannick Wolf - 10.20.

The third place in Polish historical tables is occupied by Piotr Balcerzak and Dariusz Kuć - 10.15. The second of them achieved this result in 2011, so Kopeć obtained the best result in Poland for 12 years.

The sprinter of Agros Zamość also showed his good side during the 69th ORLEN Memorial of Janusz Kusociński, where he crossed the finish line in 10.21 seconds with a face wind of 1.4 m/s.

- I'm happy with this result, but I'm ready to run faster. Here I beat players who have personal records below 10 seconds, but they stayed in the blocks – he said at the time, quoted by the pzla.pl portal. Everything indicates that the 28-year-old is on his way to breaking the magic barrier of 10 seconds!

Dessau-Roßlau: 100 (+0.1) - 1. Dominik Kopeć 10.05 PB, improves personal best from elimination by a hundredth of a second :)
2nd result in the history of the Polish sprint, after 10.00 Marian Woronin.
— Athletics News (@Nedops) June 17, 2023

Last edited:

white lightning

Hall of Famer
csm_kranz-kevin_weinheim22_beautiful-sports_229cc473be.jpg

06/17/2023 | Switzerland
Kevin Kranz sets the 100 meter best time
Silke Bernhart

Several German sprinters presented themselves in good shape at the meeting in Meilen in Switzerland on Saturday - above all Kevin Kranz, who set his 100 meter best time under optimal conditions.

It was the third competition on the third weekend in a row - and it showed: Kevin Kranz (Sprintteam Wetzlar) is getting better and better! The 24-year-old only set his best time of 10.18 seconds in the preliminary heat on Saturday in Meilen (Switzerland) with an optimal tailwind of 1.9 meters per second. Then in the final, with only a slight tailwind, he set another good time of 10.28 seconds.

Foot problems had caused problems for the indoor vice European champion from 2021 after the indoor season, so he started the summer season late. "We couldn't do any running training during the first two months of preparation, we started with a lot of strength and fitness," explains his trainer David Corell. The first runs didn't follow until mid-April, followed by the first sprints in spikes at the training camp in Florida (USA).

"We had hoped for a bit more for the start of the season, because the training values were already quite good," David Corell looks back on the first 100-meter times in Regensburg (10.41 seconds) and Kassel (10.44 seconds). "But we've just seen a decent jump in performance over the course of the week. We're not quite where we want to be yet, but we hope that things will continue to improve over the next few weeks." July gets serious at the DM in Kassel.

Translate this page

white lightning

Hall of Famer
pulled along by Charleston, Oliver Bromby ran a nice 10.12 (0.9) in Finland overnight

1.Cravont CHARLESTON02 JAN 1998USA9.902.Oliver BROMBY30 MAR 1998GBR10.123.Samuli SAMUELSSON23 JUN 1995FIN10.124.Tazana Mikkel KAMANGA-DYRBAK12 JAN 2002DEN10.235.Riku ILLUKKA21 SEP 1999FIN10.316.Niilo MUSTALAHTI27 AUG 2002FIN10.37

It was great to see both Samuli Samuelsson and Oliver Bromby both run wind legal times of 10.12 for new personal bests.

Oliver Bromby has just passed Craig Pickerings wind legal p.b. of 10.13! So happy for the kid as it's been an uphill battle. Like
I said in a previous post that I hope they both can get just a little more speed in the coming months as they hit their peak conditon!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
20 year Old Slovenian Sprinter Anej Curin Prapotnik just broke his personal best again today.

He ran a time of 10.27 +0.1 wind! He broke his previous personal best from a few weeks ago of 10.29 and
Anej Curin Prapotnik also has a slightly windy time of 10.24! That is what I call consistant and at only 20 years
of age now will be one to watch closely in the next 6 to 8 years or longer.

mqdefault.jpg

Last edited:

white lightning

Hall of Famer
The Swedish National Record in the Mens 100 Meters (10.16) was run by Peter Karlsson way back in 1996.
So Henrik Larrson with his 10.17 a week ago is about to finally break this long standing record. I bring
this up because it's been a good summer so far in the first month of the outdoor season in Europe.

Markus Fuchs of Austria broke tne National Record with his 10.08

Dominik Kopec of Poland is about to break the Polish National Record running 10.05 today. M. Woronin 10.00 nat. rec.

Samuli Samuelson of Finland has broke the Finish National 100 Meters Record twice in the last 3 weeks!

Karl Erik Nazarov broke the Estonian 100 Meters National Record yesterday. It was held by Marek Niit for a long time.

Then there is the chance that Julian Wagner could break the German 100 Meters National Record of 10.01 by Julian Reus. He
ran a time of 10.11 today and he has been in that range for a couple of years now. This may be the year.

Then Samuele Ceccarelli. While it may be a long shot at the moment to catch L. M. Jacobs it's possible in the coming years if he
continues to improve by leaps and bounds.

I expect to see even faster times in the next couple of months go get your drinks & your popcorn gentlemen!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
https://runningmagazine.ca/sections/runs-races/british-full-time-accountant-runs-sub-10-second-100m/

what a fascinating story - someone unheard of runs 9.93 - oh if we all had this ability

It's interesting but at his age in his late 20's to improve by over 1 second is not usual. Just saying that I'm not
so sure he is natural but it is still a good story. However let's please stick to white sprinters as that is the purpose
of this website. All of those black sprinters are talked about 24/7 on every other track forum of which many I go
to. So this place we try to keep it as the one place on the internet to talk about, support and discuss all white athletes.
Thanks for listening and it was a good read that I wasn't aware of. I appreciate you mate. Thanks again. No disrespect
intended and we love having you here. It's not a big deal. Just trying to stick to the guidelines as much as possible.

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
20 year old Norway Sprinter just shocked everyone!

Håvard Bentdal INGVALDSEN finished in 4th in the 400 meters in a new Norway National​

Record Time of 44.86! This is a huge breakthrough for this young man. Congrats as it's his first sub 45 race ever!

14908015.jpg
I am SO impressed and amazed by what Norwegian athletes are doing on the track and elsewhere in sport.
Jakob Ingebrigtsen and Karsten Warholm are the best in the world in their events, and even more, will go down as all-time greats in the sport.
But there are many others who are performing at a top level.

There's the kid mentioned above, who is the #1 European in the 400m.
There is Sondre Guttormsen who is 2nd only to Armand Duplantis in Europe in the pole vault. Pal Haugen- Lillefosse is the #9 European.
Ingar Bratseth-Kiplesund is the #4 European long jumper.
Narve Gilje Nordas is the #5 European in the 1500m.
Magnus Tuv Myhre is the #3 European in the 5000m. Henrik Ingebrigtsen is #7.

Norway has a population of only 5.4 million! Yet they are dominating on the track! Something about that Viking blood/spirit pushes them to the top. They show that it can be done.
I just wish other nations had their spirit and determination. For example, Germany is the exact opposite. Population of 83 million, and the only runner or jumper in the European top 5 is high jumper Tobias Potye (#4).

Anyway, I've become a fan of the Norwegian athletes. Whatever they are doing, it's working - big time!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I am SO impressed and amazed by what Norwegian athletes are doing on the track and elsewhere in sport.
Jakob Ingebrigtsen and Karsten Warholm are the best in the world in their events, and even more, will go down as all-time greats in the sport.
But there are many others who are performing at a top level.

There's the kid mentioned above, who is the #1 European in the 400m.
There is Sondre Guttormsen who is 2nd only to Armand Duplantis in Europe in the pole vault. Pal Haugen- Lillefosse is the #9 European.
Ingar Bratseth-Kiplesund is the #4 European long jumper.
Narve Gilje Nordas is the #5 European in the 1500m.
Magnus Tuv Myhre is the #3 European in the 5000m. Henrik Ingebrigtsen is #7.

Norway has a population of only 5.4 million! Yet they are dominating on the track! Something about that Viking blood/spirit pushes them to the top. They show that it can be done.
I just wish other nations had their spirit and determination. For example, Germany is the exact opposite. Population of 83 million, and the only runner or jumper in the European top 5 is high jumper Tobias Potye (#4).

Anyway, I've become a fan of the Norwegian athletes. Whatever they are doing, it's working - big time!

Excellent update jacknyc. This is the way forward! Norway is one of the most beautiful countries on earth with both the natural
scenery and the people from there.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Who will be the next White Sprinter go go Sub 10 Wind Legal?

Dominik Kopec

Rohan Browning

Samuele Ceccarelli

Markus Fuchs

Ok guys I will start. Your gonna be shocked but the first of these guys to go sub 10 will be Samuel Ceccarelli.
After he shocks the world I see Dominik Kopec following soon after. Hopefully Browning will be the 3rd one
to go sub 10 this summer. Not sure if Fuchs can do it but he would be an added bonus.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
Who will be the next White Sprinter go go Sub 10 Wind Legal?

Dominik Kopec

Rohan Browning

Samuele Ceccarelli

Markus Fuchs

Ok guys I will start. Your gonna be shocked but the first of these guys to go sub 10 will be Samuel Ceccarelli.
After he shocks the world I see Dominik Kopec following soon after. Hopefully Browning will be the 3rd one
to go sub 10 this summer. Not sure if Fuchs can do it but he would be an added bonus.
what about the young sprinter from Brazil? i forget his name, but despite his youth he’s already knocking on the door.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
https://www.straightatit.com.au/readables/penny-drops-for-the-moolap-missile

nice. Aussie sprinter Jake Penny starts his European campaign in Switzerland last night with a big PB 10.14 which is nice for a relay squad position

This is great news. Jake Penny as well as a few other just appeared to be stuck in neutral as the 10.20's mark like so many sprinters
can never get past. The average person doesn't even know that 10.40 is flat our flying and faster than the majority of all professional
athletes. So for any sprinter to get into the sub 10.20's on down it is quite the athletic feat. So happy for Jake Penny and to do it
in Switzerland is just the icing on the cake. This is what more Austrailian Sprinters need is to prove they can run fast outside of Australia.
Browning has done this at home and in Japan but he still struggles in Europe. I agree with sprintstar that it's probably a confidence thing
which I hope he will get past soon. No doubt in any of our minds about his ability. Anyways congrats to Jake Penny and onward mate.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
In response to jimmychitwoods post above:

Yes jimmychitwood. I agree Renan Correa should be a guarantee too. It would be special as he would be the first white
sprinter from South America to go sub 10 and he is only 19! I believe he can be a sub 10 and sub 20 sprinter soon. i just
hate that we will probably rarely get to see him run outside of youtube. Hope to see him at the 2023 World Champs.

Last edited:

white lightning

Hall of Famer
The Polish are coming, the Polish are coming!

Two fast Polish Teenagers are the fastest 200 meters Under 20 Sprinters in all of Europe so far.

Marek Zakrzewski 20.78 -0.3

Dawid Tatara 20.85 +1.0

They have 3 polish teenagers in the top 10 fastest times in Europe over the 200 & two in the 100 meters. The future looks bright!

Last edited:

white lightning

Hall of Famer
imagine having a mile PB of 3.50.7 - and still being only 3rd best in your family LOL
Jakob 3.46.46
Filip 3.49.60
Henrik 3.50.72

The only family I can think of at the moment would be the Borlee Family who all run the 400 meters and they are very good. They
can't compard though to the Ingebrigsen Famlly. Talk about some incredible genetics. Great post mastermulti. Even my prime I
couldn't keep up with these guys for even 1 lap. Haha. Now maybe in the 100 I could win way back in the day. Incredible athletes.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
https://runningmagazine.ca/sections/runs-races/british-full-time-accountant-runs-sub-10-second-100m/

what a fascinating story - someone unheard of runs 9.93 - oh if we all had this ability

Again I'm not so sure about this guy. He will be 31 years of age on June 22nd just a few days from now. His progression
for somone that hadn't run track in years is like a teenager and to do this in his 30's is unlikely. Just not sure as he has improved
too fast similar to others like Lamont Marcel Jacobs.

Here is Eugene Amo Dadzies progression:

100 Metres
PerformancePlaceDate
201910.55Sheffield (GBR)06 JUL 2019
202110.20Bedford Athletic Stadium, Bedford (GBR)17 JUL 2021
202210.05Stratford Community Track, London (GBR)14 AUG 2022
20239.93Stadion Eggenberg, Graz (AUT)16 JUN 2023
Outdoor

Last edited:

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Speaking of Australia and young sprinters 19 year old Lachlan Kennedy running in the England Under 20/23 Championships today.
He finished in 5th in the 100 meters in a new personal best time of 10.28! Great to see for this talented teenager.