2023 World Outdoor Season

white lightning

Hall of Famer
In Poland today Richard Kilty and Charlie Dobson were both entered in the mens 200 meters. Neither of them finished.

Men's 200m Final 1, Wind: +0.2

POSNAMENAT.RESULT
1.Albert KOMAŃSKIPOL20.76
2.Przemysław SŁOWIKOWSKIPOL20.77
3.Joe FERGUSONGBR20.80
4.Taymir BURNETNED20.89
5.Adam ŁUKOMSKIPOL21.11
Charles DOBSONGBRDNF
Men's 200m Final 2, Wind: -0.3

POSNAMENAT.RESULT
1.Marek ZAKRZEWSKIPOL20.78
1.Łukasz ŻOKPOL20.78
3.Patryk WYKROTAPOL21.00
4.Samuel PUROLAFIN21.02
5.Ondřej MACÍKCZE21.05
Richard KILTYGBRDQ

white lightning

Hall of Famer

Atletica, Samuele Ceccarelli carries out test with the Aerodynamic Shield​

Published June 16, 2023

Roberto Santangel
3_LPS_859848-e1685544260930.jpg.webp

Test in Italy on the athletics track of the Carabinieri barracks "Salvo d'Acquisto" in Rome: the blue sprinter Samuele Ceccarelli at work, who competed in high-speed running inside the aerodynamic shield under the gaze of his coach, Marco Del Medico.

Following the blue were the technicians of the CONI Institute of Sports Medicine and Science, who managed the training session: they carried out measurements of the speed, the amplitude of the steps and the speed of the pushes on the ground.

Furthermore, shots were taken at natural speed and at high frequency for the biomechanical analysis of the blue race: all these stored data will be fundamental in view of the European Games, in which Ceccarelli will take part.

Photo: LiveMedia/Laurent Lairys
Related Topics:
Samuel Ceccarelli
Could it be interesting for you

Samuel Ceccarelli

Athletics, from Monday retreat to Rome for the 4×100 relay in view of Chorzow
Philip Tortu

Athletics, European team championships 2023: Italy's squad. Blue Squadron, Marcell Jacobs absent
Marcell Jacobs

Who will replace Marcell Jacobs at the European Team Championship? The choice is almost natural…

Last edited:

white lightning

Hall of Famer
For those wondering Samuel Ceccarelli will be running next weekend in the 2023 European Team Championships over
both the 100 and the 4 x 100 Relay! I expect him to run sub 10.05 if conditions are right. Hoping he just gets that sub 10
out of the way as I just feel he is ready! Fireworks in Poland next weekend. Hope Kopec will be in the 100 too at home.
It would be so epic if both of them dipped into the high 9'95 to 9.99 range! :)

(LaPresse) The technical director of the national teams Antonio La Torre has communicated the list of players called up for the European team championships in Chorzow, Poland, from Friday 23 to Sunday 25 June. The blue team, among others, also includes the European 60m indoor champion Samuele Ceccarelli who will run the 100m (and is also in the group of the 4x100m relay). "I'm very confident and want to honor the blue jersey," said the sprinter.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Julian Wagner with German best time of the year

The men over 100 meters presented themselves no less high-class. The records were already falling in the heats: while Julian Wagner (LC Top Team Thüringen), who came second in the 2022 German Championships, improved his personal best (PB) to 10.11 seconds, Yannick Wolf (LG Stadtwerke München) stayed close on his heels and was also happy about a new PB (10.16 sec). The Pole Dominik Kopec literally pulverized his best time and in 10.06 seconds just missed the meeting record by a hundredth of a second. In the final he was even able to equalize this, for Wagner (10.23 sec) it was only enough for third place behind Wolf (10.20 sec).

"That was a real step in the right direction," the Erfurt resident then revealed to MDR. After he had several races within just seven days with stations in Paris (France), Turku (Finland) and Dessau, "it was very neat to have set the German best time of the year with 10.11 seconds in advance - and also the B- Standard for the World Cup". Because this could enable him to dream of an individual start in Budapest (Hungary; August 19th to 28th). Until then, the European Team Championships with the relay, a competition in Switzerland and the German Championships in Kassel (July 8th/9th) are still on the agenda.

mastermulti

Master
Speaking of Australia and young sprinters 19 year old Lachlan Kennedy running in the England Under 20/23 Championships today.
He finished in 5th in the 100 meters in a new personal best time of 10.28! Great to see for this talented teenager.
Correction here mate.
He actually finished 2nd in the final with his 10.28 (0.0). That's a great 10.28 with zero wind and at 19.
At first glance he looked lower down because the formal placings only go to English competitors. The "5" was his lane number

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I'm gonna make a crazy predition for either the European Champs, German Champs or the World Champs.
Gina Luckenkemper is going to run 10.89! Yes that would take an almost perfect race but she is ready. Low
10.90's at the minimum. She currently has a p.b. of 10.98 so I see her blowing that time away in the next 2 months!

csm_lueckenkemper-gina_dessau23_freude_foto_chai_5a73f5af0e.jpg

white lightning

Hall of Famer
here's an article by Andrew Murphy about his coaching - very informative

https://simplifaster.com/articles/d...fgJxtZH66U51lMu-ozxsPlNW3RfnWwaNnLcxsOP7pA_CY

Thank you so much. This would be such a great program for any teenager to slowly work up to the volume in the trainng
sessions. The bond between a great coach and a sprinter or any other elite track athlete is very close. It's special like an
extension of your family. When it's good both the athlete and the coach get tremendous gratification out of it. After
reading this I feel confident that Rohan Browning is in good hands and the times will come again soon!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Another female sprinter to keep a close eye out for is just about ready to go sub 11 and hopefully this summer.

Partriza Van Der Weken ran 11.02 in her last race wind legal. She is 23 and will be 24 years old in the fall. She will
be starting into her prime years as a sprinter now. I'm rooting for her to go sub 11 seconds soon! She already is the
Luxombourg National Record Holder in the 100 & 200 meters!

proxy-image

white lightning

Hall of Famer
European Track Fans Got our Wish. The European Athletics Team Champs goes from June 20th to June 24th. On the first
day in Divisons 1, 2, 3 and 4 will be the mens 100 meters. The is the start list from division one. We will get to see the
showdown between Samuele Ceccarelli and Dominik Kopec! Let's hope for a a few sub 10's. You just never know guys!

Final Entries - Athletes List by event and SB
European Athletics Team Championships
First Division 2023, Chorzów (POL)

FINAL ENTRIES

100 Metres Men Num. of countries: 16 Num. of athletes: 16
Member Federation Surname First Name DoB PB SB

NED BOUJU Raphael 15/05/2002 10.02 10.02
FRA VICAUT Jimmy 27/02/1992 9.86 10.06
ITA CECCARELLI Samuele 09/01/2000 10.13 10.13
FIN SAMUELSSON Samuli 23/06/1995 10.16 10.16
GER GANTER Robin 03/01/2001 10.16 10.16
GBR AZU Jeremiah 15/05/2001 10.13 10.20
POL KOPEĆ Dominik 05/03/1995 10.05 10.05
BEL VLEMINCKX Kobe 31/05/1998 10.23 10.23
TUR ÖZER Kayhan 11/06/1998 10.24 10.28
CZE VELEBA Jan 06/12/1986 10.16 10.29
SUI MANCINI Pascal 18/04/1989 10.20 10.30
ESP LÓPEZ Sergio 05/07/1999 10.27 10.34
GRE NYFANTOPOULOS Ioannis 01/11/1990 10.28 10.44
SWE ROGO Desmond 10/04/1996 10.45 10.45
NOR VAULA Jacob 01/08/2001 10.46 10.46
POR NASCIMENTO Carlos 12/10/1994 10.13 10.47

Last edited:

mastermulti

Master

white lightning

Hall of Famer
For those wondering Samuel Ceccarelli will be running next weekend in the 2023 European Team Championships over
both the 100 and the 4 x 100 Relay! I expect him to run sub 10.05 if conditions are right. Hoping he just gets that sub 10
out of the way as I just feel he is ready! Fireworks in Poland next weekend. Hope Kopec will be in the 100 too at home.
It would be so epic if both of them dipped into the high 9'95 to 9.99 range! :)

(LaPresse) The technical director of the national teams Antonio La Torre has communicated the list of players called up for the European team championships in Chorzow, Poland, from Friday 23 to Sunday 25 June. The blue team, among others, also includes the European 60m indoor champion Samuele Ceccarelli who will run the 100m (and is also in the group of the 4x100m relay). "I'm very confident and want to honor the blue jersey," said the sprinter.

It all starts tommorow. 4 Days of Track and Field. Here is more details of the 2023 European Team Championships.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Italy is really screwing up with Filippo Tortu. He will be running in the 200 meters and the 4 x 100 Relays at these Euro Team Champs.
That's it. His coach continues to just do what doesn't work. Same thing happened to Boling and he suffered. Tortu should be running
alot of 100's to get his form and speed back which will help him in his 200. It works both ways. No they just keep letting him get slower
and slower every year with going away from what worked. He ran 9.99 wind legal because he has talent. So let's just ignore that talent
when he is only 24 years of age. This kind of stuff is very strange to me just like how Bolings training was changed. Mysterious and crazy.
Somehow I know it mostly happens to our guys and not to the other sprinters. Just had to vent. Tortu is not being coached like he should be.

sprintstar

Mentor
WL I agree, I think when white sprinters show they are just as fast the crap hits the fan and they get derailed by coaches....dont want the dark side getting scared...right? Cant have whitey dispelling the myth....right?

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Who will be the next White Sprinter go go Sub 10 Wind Legal?

Dominik Kopec

Rohan Browning

Samuele Ceccarelli

Markus Fuchs

Ok guys I will start. Your gonna be shocked but the first of these guys to go sub 10 will be Samuel Ceccarelli.
After he shocks the world I see Dominik Kopec following soon after. Hopefully Browning will be the 3rd one
to go sub 10 this summer. Not sure if Fuchs can do it but he would be an added bonus.

Only me and Jimmychitwood have voted so far. Wish it was a poll where we can see the results! Any track guys
here want to vote and let me know your guys thoughts? Thanks guys.

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
I think Ceccarelli is next in line for sub-10. He has proved himself over 60m, and is still improving in the 100,
Browning has been the closest to a sub-10, and has run well this season. But over the last few meets he has slowed.
So he needs to re-group, and then hopefully, attack that 10 flat barrier again.

For Kopec, I need to see what he does next.
He's been around for awhile, so not sure if he's actually getting better, or just had one great meet.
Fuchs . . . I just don't believe he is a sub-10 sprinter.

mastermulti

Master
Thank you so much. This would be such a great program for any teenager to slowly work up to the volume in the trainng
sessions. The bond between a great coach and a sprinter or any other elite track athlete is very close. It's special like an
extension of your family. When it's good both the athlete and the coach get tremendous gratification out of it. After
reading this I feel confident that Rohan Browning is in good hands and the times will come again soon!
Was surprised to hear he is so much slower in practice. Like sub 11m/s compared to 12m/s in a big race like Tokyo or our nationals this year.
That latter figure corresponds to 0.85sec increments for 10m splits which is finals speed every time. That means every other aspect of his race needs be perfect and repeatable.

mastermulti

Master
Only me and Jimmychitwood have voted so far. Wish it was a poll where we can see the results! Any track guys
here want to vote and let me know your guys thoughts? Thanks guys.
it who's in the next important race that matters? the Europeans I guess. But I need to see more from all of them before taking the punt

Last edited:

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I understand some people waiting for more evidence but I've already seen what I need to see. I see both Ceccarelli and Kopec doing it
very soon and possibly even this week. Strike while the iron is hot. Neither of them need a wind to run fast. That being said if they get
a 1.5 to 2.0 wind it's history. I just feel it. I am not alway as accurate as I would like since I'm a perfectionist a bit, but I still feel it with
these guys soon. Browning can still do it but he will have to find his form from back in the spring for us and aussie summer for Browning.

If I could go to Vegas right now I would lay a bet that both Ceccarelli and Kopec go sub 10 before the end of July at the latest. It will probably
happen sooner than most of you think which I would prefer. Same with Rohan Browing, It becomes a monkey on your back that turns into a gorilla. It haunts sprinters in that chase for that 9.99! The sooner you do it the sooner you can go beyone it. Look at Gina Luckenkemper. She doesn't think much about the 11 second barrier anymore. She has higher goals. Just like with the 4 minute mile over half a century ago once a few do it more will. The same with the sprinter that breaks it will most of the time do it on mulitple occasions. Tortu has only done it once but
most guys once they do it will have several sub 10's at least in their careers.

sprintstar

Mentor
I think Ceccarelli will post a sub 10 second 100 within his next 2 meets(July) if he has proper weather conditions and has no niggles. Kopec I am not so sure but he will hopefully do it before August. If Browning gets his act together he might do it before August as well.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Jan Volko with a 10.24 into a negative wind today. A little better and a seasons best. I doubt he will ever get back to his form
from around 5 years ago but as always I hope I'm wrong. I just think his coach has done what she could and he needs a new
coach to make one last push before he retires several years from now. The guy from Slovenia in the green shirt next to him is
only 20 years old. His name is Anej Curin Prapotnik and he already has a p.b. of 10.27! Keep a close eye on him in the future!

RJ28718.jpg

Picture courtesty of (Allathletics.tv)

Last edited: