2023 NFL Week 4

Warhawk_46

Master
I'm torn between wanting Cmac to get another TD and having Juice get a TD to bring more attention to the FBs.
That is a fair conundrum to have. I think Juice needs 3-5 rushes a game. He is talented enough to be CMC’s primary backup.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
It looked like a nice run. He looked faster than a typical FB, but we knew that.
He made a nice cut, as announcer Greg Olsen acknowledged. He looks a little too beefed up to me, if he was ten or fifteen pounds lighter he'd look like a big tailback, but that's how it goes for White "fullbacks."

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
That is a fair conundrum to have. I think Juice needs 3-5 rushes a game. He is talented enough to be CMC’s primary backup.
Kittle had just one catch for 9 yards. He's had only one game so far with more than 30 yards, a complete waste of receiving talent.

Kittle was outdone today by Hunter Renfrow, who had a whopping 2 catches for 12 yards. On the season he's now 5/52. Sickening. . .

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Kittle had just one catch for 9 yards. He's had only one game so far with more than 30 yards, a complete waste of receiving talent.

Kittle was outdone today by Hunter Renfrow, who had a whopping 2 catches for 12 yards. On the season he's now 5/52. Sickening. . .

This is true but even guys like Debo Samuel are not touching the ball as much as McCaffrey has just been so dominant. I will
take it as we know the league hates white running backs almost as much as white cornerbacks.

The Hock

Master
First round pick Taven Bryan has been laboring in semi obscurity for his seven years in the league. Labelled a boom or bust he wasn't really either in my opinion. He's hung around (this year with the Colts) and I think he started this week after getting sacks in the previous two games. He's on an upward trend I think and he has to prove out this year.

I just hope my mention doesn't jinx him like it has some others.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
This is true but even guys like Debo Samuel are not touching the ball as much as McCaffrey has just been so dominant. I will
take it as we know the league hates white running backs almost as much as white cornerbacks.
Purdy had 283 passing yards today. McCaffrey had 71 of them. That left over 200 yards for the team's other receivers, so I don't buy McCaffrey's big day as justifying the non-use of Kittle, who is a beast in the open field, for the third time in four games.

The Hock

Master
Ha ha watching the replay and the announcers calls the in motion Samual "just window dressing" on a McCaffrey TD run. I hope Samual has his ego in check because down the road the niners will need him and he'll get his. Kittle also. They just have so many weapons.

Warhawk_46

Master
Ha ha watching the replay and the announcers calls the in motion Samual "just window dressing" on a McCaffrey TD run. I hope Samual has his ego in check because down the road the niners will need him and he'll get his. Kittle also. They just have so many weapons.
Agreed, 49ers will need all their weapons at various times this year if they are to make a Super Bowl run.

I think Samuel wasn’t used much because he was injured all week.

Kittle, on the other hand, being ignored so far is absolute garbage.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Purdy had 283 passing yards today. McCaffrey had 71 of them. That left over 200 yards for the team's other receivers, so I don't buy McCaffrey's big day as justifying the non-use of Kittle, who is a beast in the open field, for the third time in four games.

Don't get me wrong. I love George Kittle and I would like to see him more involved but what makes the Niners the best team in the NFL
currently is their TEAM MENTALITY. Brandon Ayuk is a fine receiver and he was the 2nd leading receiver with only 42 yards. All I'm saying
is that CMac wouldn't have had such a monster game if guys like Ayuk, Samuel, Kittle and others got the ball more. I will gladly take the
game McCaffrey had even if Kittle and others had to sacrifice for the sake of the team.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Purdy was incredible today. Great yardage on 20-21 passing. He basically did whatever he wanted. And this in a game where they never were behind and needed to pass. If the game was come competitive he could have gone for 400.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Don't get me wrong. I love George Kittle and I would like to see him more involved but what makes the Niners the best team in the NFL
currently is their TEAM MENTALITY. Brandon Ayuk is a fine receiver and he was the 2nd leading receiver with only 42 yards. All I'm saying
is that CMac wouldn't have had such a monster game if guys like Ayuk, Samuel, Kittle and others got the ball more. I will gladly take the
game McCaffrey had even if Kittle and others had to sacrifice for the sake of the team.
McCaffrey being so effective as a runner can easily be used to make Kittle more effective as a receiver. Both are superstars and both can certainly get their touches in the same game. A great running game makes the passing game better and vice versa. George Kittle may be the best run after the catch tight end ever, so to see his touches reduced to a Hunter Renfrow level is wasting him while he's in his peak years.

Warhawk_46

Master
After todays game sadly Deandre Swift has taken the rushing lead in the NFL over McCaffrey. He only has him by 9 yards so it's close
and obviously we have a long ways to go. It's just highly unlikely that Cmac could be the leading rusher as he just doesn't get enough
carries due to his elite talent as a receiver. It's a double edged sword. Great for winning games and he is the best all around rb in the NFL.
It's just to lead the league he would need alot more rushes and less receptions. Sadly I doubt that will happen. I've said it before that if
he get the amount of carries that other running backs got he could and would lead the nfl in rushing. That won't happen in my honest opinion.
He only over took him for about an hour. CMC is now at 459 versus 364 for Swift.

Warhawk_46

Master
Aiuyk had 148 yards I believe. Basically he and McCaffrey were the receiving targets today.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
After todays game sadly Deandre Swift has taken the rushing lead in the NFL over McCaffrey. He only has him by 9 yards so it's close
and obviously we have a long ways to go. It's just highly unlikely that Cmac could be the leading rusher as he just doesn't get enough
carries due to his elite talent as a receiver. It's a double edged sword. Great for winning games and he is the best all around rb in the NFL.
It's just to lead the league he would need alot more rushes and less receptions. Sadly I doubt that will happen. I've said it before that if
he get the amount of carries that other running backs got he could and would lead the nfl in rushing. That won't happen in my honest opinion.
Wow, after reading this post I am now thoroughly depressed. Even after a fantastic day rushing, receiving, 4 TD's, I learned that McCaffrey is only second best in the league. I'm sure that every fantasy player is now dumping Christian to try to pick up Deandre Swift, who to all observers is by far the superior running back.

Thanks for dumping cold water all over my positive day.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Wow, after reading this post I am now thoroughly depressed. Even after a fantastic day rushing, receiving, 4 TD's, I learned that McCaffrey is only second best in the league. I'm sure that every fantasy player is now dumping Christian to try to pick up Deandre Swift, who to all observers is by far the superior running back.

That's incorrect. McCaffrey has 459 yards. Swift has 364

white lightning

Hall of Famer

Pretty sad if a post can ruin your day. Lmao. I celebrate his day and Cmacs Season!

NikoDuke

Mentor
I think we may be getting close to the end of Wilson's time in NY. And maybe that's a good thing for him to get a fresh start to find out if he is a serviceable QB or not.

Because the Jets are a trash org and the longer he stays there the more hell be typecast as a washed QB.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
McCaffrey being so effective as a runner can easily be used to make Kittle more effective as a receiver. Both are superstars and both can certainly get their touches in the same game. A great running game makes the passing game better and vice versa. George Kittle may be the best run after the catch tight end ever, so to see his touches reduced to a Hunter Renfrow level is wasting him while he's in his peak years.
I have to agree Don. McCaffrey had 20 carries and 7 receptions. That's a lot of touches over 17 weeks. Kittle could have had 3-4 of McCaffrey's receptions and 1- or 2 from other receivers and call a play or 2 for Kittle instead of McCaffrey carries and you have at least 6-8 receptions for Kittle at a minimum. His career average yards per catch is higher than Kelce's.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
McCaffrey 80 att- 459 yards
Swift 59 att- 364 yards
McCaffrey getting plenty of carries. That's an average of 20 per game.

Yes this year so far and I hope it continues but year after year Cmac does not get the amount of carries as some of the other guys
and this is because he is such an amazing receiver and they use him in both the rushing and passing game. Just have a look at
last years NFL Stats from 2022.

Alot of the seasons he was hurt but last year and other years he played every game. He is just a huge weapon for the qb as a receiver.