2009 NFL Draft

With the Wildcat Offense becoming the new offensive darling of the NFL, I think the justification to rid the NFL with white QB's will be stepped up.

green fire317

Banned
the wildcat worked for one week last season. the dolphins are dumb to draft a qb just for the wildcat offense.

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
The pick I'm most excited to see may be the Pats' 7th round pick QB/WR Julian Edelman. He was awesome at Kent state, and broke Josh Cribbs' former records.

After Moss and Welker, the Pats have many generic scrubs at WR. Guys like Sam Aiken, Matt Slater, and the newly acquired Eagles super-scrub, Greg Lewis. Edelman can return and cover during punts...hopefully Bellichick gives him a shot at 4th WR (after 50-year old Joey Galloway).

610x.jpg
Edited by: Thrashen

green fire317

Banned
yeah as a pats fan i agree, they should have never signed galloway, and sam aiken hasnt done a thing and slater alot of times has no idea what he is doing.Edited by: green fire317

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
I'd rather see Edelman in the RB rotation. An article I read referred to him as a "fearless" runner and NFLdraftscout originally ranked this amazing "running" QB as a RB. Their newswire had a positive review of his agility and ability to weave through traffic when the pocket was breaking down. Edelman has some serious hip swivel and could be a scat back.

Best case scenario at WR for Edelman would be to make it as the third WR. Welker already plays a slot type role as the #2 for the Pats. Welker is probably the best #2 WR in the league and definitely Pro Bowl caliber overall! We could add Matt Jones, Jordy Nelson, Anthony Gonzalez, Kevin Curtis and possibly Kevin Walter as white guys who have the talent to make the Pro Bowl with the right circumstance as well! All whites need is a chance!Edited by: ToughJ.Riggins

green fire317

Banned
if matt jones gets signed and is motivated he has the potential to be unstoppable in this league. its a real shame he is so care free. i think welker and walter are our best bets. maybe nelson as well in a couple of years, rodgers seems to not have a problem throwing the ball to a white wide out like garrard does. Edited by: green fire317

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
green fire317 said:
if matt jones gets signed and is motivated he has the potential to be unstoppable in this league. its a real shame he is so care free. i think welker and walter are our best bets. maybe nelson as well in a couple of years, rodgers seems to not have a problem throwing the ball to a white wide out like garrard does.

Out of all white receivers in the NFL I think Kevin Curtis is easily the best. I know Welker has put up monster numbers in receptions the past few years but he doesn't have the speed Curtis has. Curtis has the speed to stretch a defense and if he had Brady throwing to him he would have alot more receptions.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Curtis gets hurt too much to be the best

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Yet another afflete showing great character and work ethic is Hakeem Nicks, the WR selected by the Giants in the first round. Nicks is so dedicated to his craft that he's gaineda mere14 pounds since the Combine in February.

All the qualified white players who never get a chance after high school, and all the black players who are lazy, overweight, criminally prone, etc., and still get unlimited opportunities to succeed in the NFL. I wonder if Austin Collie, Brian Hartline, Andrew Means and Eric Morris also packed on 15 or so pounds in the past two months in anticipation of the Draft.

Read how his coach at North Carolina, Butch Davis
smiley8.gif
, makes excuses for Nicks in this article:
<DIV ="postContent" itxtvisited="1">
Former University of North Carolina wide receiver Hakeem Nicks, the New York Giants' first-rounddraft pick,drew comparisons to former Dallas Cowboys wide receiver Michael <NOBR id=itxt_nobr_1_0 style="FONT-WEIGHT: normal; FONT-SIZE: 100%">Irvin </NOBR> fromNorth Carolinacoach Butch Davis.
And Davis, who has a background with Andre <NOBR id=itxt_nobr_2_0 style="FONT-WEIGHT: normal; FONT-SIZE: 100%">Johnson </NOBR>, Santana Moss, Reggie Wayne and Irvin,told Ralph Vacchiano of the New York Daily Newsthat Nicks had better hands than anyone he's ever coached.
Nicks set multiple receiving records at North Carolina.
"You don't want to put the burden on a kid coming in his rookie year, but a lot of his physical attributes are very similar to Michael Irvin," Davis said."He's big, he's physical, he catches the ball over the middle, he's got the ability to play physical when people are draped all over him as they're going to be in the National Football <NOBR id=itxt_nobr_5_0 style="FONT-WEIGHT: normal; FONT-SIZE: 100%">League </NOBR>.
"The corners are so good they're going to stick to you like glue, so you've got to be able to separate yourself, not only with speed but you've got to be able to be physical enough. I just think he's a very, very talented good player."
However, Nicks drew criticism in NFL circlesfor gaining a lot of weight after injuring his hamstring while running the 40-yard dash at the NFL Scouting Combine. At one point, he was reportedly up to 226 pounds from his playing weight of 212 pounds.
"He did exactly what everybody advised him to do,"Davis said. "When he tweaked his hamstring at the combine, people kind of just told him 'Hey look, Hakeem. Chill out. Right now you need to get well.' So he put on some weight, and it was no big deal.
"After that he was fine. In the three years he's been here, during the season his weight's probably never fluctuated more than 3-5 pounds one way or another from training camp to the end of the season. So, that didn't frustrate us at all."
http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/04/28/nicks-draws-praise /Edited by: Don Wassall

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
whiteathlete33 said:
celticdb15 said:

Yes I know but he is one of the 10 most athletic receivers in the NFL when healthy.

I agree.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
whiteathlete33 said:
celticdb15 said:

Yes I know but he is one of the 10 most athletic receivers in the NFL when healthy.

if we were to make a list of the best athletes at wide receiver in the NFL, Matt Jones would be the #1 guy. Kevin Curtis would certainly be near the top, as well.

backrow

Hall of Famer
Jimmy Chitwood said:
whiteathlete33 said:
celticdb15 said:

if we were to make a list of the best athletes at wide receiver in the NFL, Matt Jones would be the #1 guy. Kevin Curtis would certainly be near the top, as well.

agreed!

also, what's with the avatar Jimmy!
smiley2.gif

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
backrow said:
Jimmy Chitwood said:
whiteathlete33 said:
celticdb15 said:

agreed!

also, what's with the avatar Jimmy!
smiley2.gif

backrow, the avatar is a picture of Miss California who should be Miss USA.

it is my tribute to young Miss Prejean for her standing up to the corrupt, decadent, immoral powers-that-be. if more White men had her courage in the face of adversity,our peoplewouldn't be in the horrid situation that exists today in the USA and Europe.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer

RBNY123

Eric Peterman really has the chance to do some big things and i can only pray that zwinggi gets a shot at the NFL becuase if he has to take the long route and dominate the CFL first before coming to the NFL we may end up missing his best years.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
whiteathlete33 said:
I don't know if anyone has mentioned this but Edelman would have been the fastest quarterback this draft. His time of 4.51 is also in the top 15 in receivers. His long and short shuttle were the fastest of any player in the draft. [url]http://www.mockingthedraft.com/2009/4/22/849496/getting-to-k now-super-sleeper[/url]

I truly think Edelman should play RB (and a little wildcat QB) from what I've read about him. He has the moves of a top scatback. His shuttle times show just how agile he is and he also has the frame to play RB. He's shown great vision as a running QB at Kent State and been described as a "fearless" runner. But the only role for a guy like him since he's white is to be the next Welker.
smiley5.gif

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Hopefully he at least gets used as a receiver. I doubt he will get many carries as a RB. He would probably be used only in certain situations as a ball carrier.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
whiteathlete33 said:
Hopefully he at least gets used as a receiver. I doubt he will get many carries as a RB. He would probably be used only in certain situations as a ball carrier.

without a doubt, you are correct whiteathlete33, which is further evidence of the Caste System that we keep running into.
smiley7.gif

here we have a phenomenal athlete who is quicker than ANY black afflete in the NFL DraftAND faster than nearly all of them, an athlete who has put up HUGE rushing numbers on the field and backs it up with better than ideal physical numbers. while Edelman will no doubt make a fantastic receiver, his talents indicate that he brings much, much more to the table than your regular wideout. yet, because ofhis skin color,this tremendous athlete is being pigeon-holed by most so-called experts as being incapable of running the football in the NFL.

weird, isn't it? especially when we're told time and again that speed, agility, and so forth are all that matters ...

when will the Drunken White Fans wake up?

also, here's a highlight video of Edelman tearing it up in junior college. anyone who says this kid can't run with the football is out of his freaking mind.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
He's listed officially at 5'10.5, 198 lbs. He certainly isn't too short b/c I'd say 5'10-5'11 is about the average height for the position. He "might" want to add 7 or 8 lbs of muscle for the pounding between the tackles, but there is no way this guy's frame is too small for an NFL RB- no way! Just take a look at the size of RBs on NFL rosters and you'd see about half of them are shorter or the same height and some at same height weigh the same or a little less than him too. However, they all have one thing...black skin.
smiley11.gif
Edited by: ToughJ.Riggins