2009 NFL Draft

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Screw my Giants, they are no longer my team. Jerry Reece is another anti-white black GM. This has become quite apparent. He even took Travis Beckam of Wisconsin ahead of James Casey when Casey had ridiculous production on the field as an H-Back last year compared to Beckam. The Giants are headed in the direction of Chicago and Pittsburgh and the old Jacksonville. I believe this is zero whites drafted for Reece two years in a row, if I'm not mistaken and that's a big statement of disdain for white athletes.

backrow

Hall of Famer
Notable UDFAs that have signed so far, compilation:

QB Brian Hoyer-- Patriots
QB Drew Willy-- Ravens
QB Chase Daniel-- Redskins
QB Michael Desormeaux Jaguars

RB Tyler Roehl-- Seahawks
RB Brock Bolen-- Jaguars
RB Kyle Bell-- Jaguars

WR Vinny Peretta-- Vikings
WR Eric Peterman-- Bears
WR Andy Brodell-- Packers
WR Kole Heckendorf -- Packers
WR Todd Petersen-- Jaguars
WR John Matthews-- Colts

TE Jared Bronson-- Dolphins

DT John Gill-- Broncos
DT Joshua Leonard -- Texans

DE Dan Skuta-- Bengals
DE Zach Potter-- Jets
DE Ryan Baker-- Dolphins
DE Jeremy Navarre -- Jaguars
DE Bobby Greenwood -- Chiefs

LB Mike Rivera-- Bears
LB Russell Allen-- Jaguars
LB Brock Christopher- Falcons
LB Britt Miller-- Panthers

SS Mark Rubin-- Rams
CB Peter Ittersagen-- Jaguars
FS Tom Nelson-- Bengals
S Colt Anderson-- Vikings

dwid

Hall of Famer
well i hope the jaguars have changed their ways and plan on using some of these guys instead of stringing them along. Either way there is no way they will be able to keep all of those players, unless they plan on purging a good deal of their roster, which wouldnt be a bad thing.Edited by: dwid

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
dwid said:
Mitch King went to the Titans, they usually use overlooked White defensive linemen like Kyle Vanden Bosch and David Ball

Yeah, there or Buffalo are the two best places for him. Baltimore, Green Bayand Houston haveimproved also the past few years when it comes to white defensive players.

But very few of these free agents will ever get a genuine opportunity in the regular season. If you're white and not drafted you're pretty much done except for the occasional QB or lineman. Edited by: Don Wassall

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
Tom Jackson (from NFL Countdown, etc) was commentating on various draft picks and said something I've never heard from any human being (media member or DWF) not affiliated with this website.

He actually compared black PSU WR Deon Bulter to Wes Welker (in a positive way). It was fair, it was accurate, and for once, it was actually fitting.

The caste wall must truely be crumbling for such an outlandish statment to be uttered on ESPN. Maybe they're just sick reading from the same old script for the past 40-50 years. Very strange indeed.

SoberWF

Look at this baloney on James Casey.

"Casey could help at fullback
Fifth-round tight end James Casey (Rice) may be able to help the Texans at fullback, according to the Houston Chronicle. Coach Gary Kubiak said, "We know he can play tight end. I think he can play some fullback for us. He can go outside - he caught 111 balls last year, if I am correct. And I know he is a very smart young man, so there will not be any load that we can give him mentally that he cannot handle."
Our View: Casey won't be much of a factor catching the ball as a tight end as long as Owen Daniels remains intact, but Casey could etch out a role as an H-back."

This was from rototimes (http://www.rototimes.com/nfl/player.php?tqid=7678&type=news &nid=57746).

James Casey is an all around stud. A man among boys. I think the naysayers will be hugely wrong in minimizing Casey's potential.

SteveB

Mentor
SoberWF said:
James Casey is an all around stud. A man among boys. I think the naysayers will be hugely wrong in minimizing Casey's potential.
I agree, Casey played every offensive skill position at Rice as well as some DE and LB. If the Texans can't use his talents to get him the ball, it will be a waste.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
I think Jacksonville might get a little whiter in the next few years with the new GM. Hopefully they get a qb next year like Tebow to replace the overrated garrard.

green fire317

Banned
yeah i hope the packers win the nfc. i think they wil atleast win their division. the bears are going to be bad with all their overrated blacks and same with the vikings, and well the lions are....well...the lions.

dwid

Hall of Famer
Saints sign Alex Fletcher from Stanford - Center/Guard, which is a position we needed badly, hopefully he can crack the starting lineup. Goodwin is a backup at best, several bad snaps that wound up costing us the game, doesnt get any push either.

Get some real protection for Drew Brees, Let Strief start at LT, or put him at RT and move Stinchcomb to LT, and replace Goodwin with Fletcher.

Im sick of Drew Brees's career being wasted away by a mediocre line that gets more credit than it deserves. Brees has probably one of the fastest releases in pro football, he gets rid of the ball faster than anybody ive ever seen. He rarely gets any time to make his reads

He almost broke Dan Marino's record and got over 5,000 passing yards last season without having a single 1,000 yard receiver. Imagine what he could do if he had more time back there and if we had kept someone like Mike Hass on the team. Lance Moore was the leading receiver, i know Hass is ten times more talented than Moore.

Jammal Brown is declining every year, and hes only like 27. His knees are shot. He can't handle speed rushers anymore, he holds every game. How he made it to the pro bowl i dont know

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
I can't believe Jacksonville signed three white skill players. I sure hope at least Bell sticks. He could put up some numbers if given a chance.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
I wonder if Hester, Leonard and Hillis are in real danger of losing roster spots this summer. It seems the Chargers are bringing in players to compete with the misused Jacob Hester. Leonard and Hillis might be victims of coaching changes with their respective teams. Im not trying to be the bearer of bad news.

backrow

Hall of Famer
it can't possbly get any worse for Leonard. Hillis, i don't know, fans love him for th emost part and he showed what he's got. not even McClown can be dumb enough not to take advantage of it...

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
I am hoping Leonard is 100% healthy. If he is and they have even a marginally sucessful passing game he can be a very good back. They drafted some guy with an african name out of texas this year and have antonio pittman, I think they are his competition.

P-NutLane

Guru
Leonard is a BEAST, who I think is better than most RBs in the NegroFL. He would be a thousand yard rusher if he could get 200 carries in a season. I rooted HARD for that guy when he went pro.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
The Chargers brought in Bill Rentmeester, A beast of a fullback out of Wisconsin. Definitely a true old fashioned type Fullback. That could take away pt from Jacob Hester, but do we really want this bulked up running backbreaking his neck? I'm not sure of the other FB's on the Chargers roster but this could mean more of a specialized role for Hester especially if LT breaks down again. As for Leonard i have kinda lost hope
smiley5.gif

P-NutLane

Guru
So you've lost hope for Brian Leonard hugh, celticb15? Man I hope your wrong, but the evidence points toward you being right. He could have been a top 20 all time rusher. In my opinion he was WAY better than Ray Rice[As good as he was], and should have never had to take a back seat to him.

devans

Mentor
I've just been browsing the NFL draft web site and looking at defensive backs, including both safeties and cornerbacks, and what a bleak picture. Have I missed something here? I can't see a single white DB in the forty five for so DB's drafted! Please tell me I've missed a couple. I've watched NFL football for a number of years and I would say that in the past 20 years most NFL teams have had one white safety on the roster - not necessarilly a starter, but on the books. I can't see this continuing if no talent is being brought in through the College system. I am very disappointed in this draft.

Taco

Guru
this year seems to be a down year in white skill positions in general. Next year theres going to be a flood of white WR's, and im sure theres some good white dbs coming in as well

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
There will be a continued push for an increase in black QBs and black offensive tackles. But I actually believe that 5 years from now the numbers of white WRs in the NFL will reach 25 and there will be a few white RBs getting first or second team level work. Next year shows the sign of the small increase in white skill players at WR and RB in the FBS.

Brian Leonard will continue to ride the pine until Steven Jackson moves on. The Rams have chosen Pittman as the 2nd team RB even though Pittman is less of a receiving threat and performed w/ basically the same YPC, but with a healthier offense to work with when he was playing. Brian Leonard is actually similar to Steven Jackson as an athlete, but his vision isn't as good as SJ yet.

Peyton Hillis's best case scenario for us will be splitting carries with Knowhon Moreno (if he's ready) or another back like Buckhalter or Jordan. Hillis clearly played well enough to get the starting job this year, but we all know the story. Expect J.J Arrington to be added to the rotation as a Kevin Faulk type 3rd back.

Jacob Hester is another Michael Turner or Marion Barber type player, but the Chargers drafted Gartrell Johnson in the 4th round (Gartrell was worth no more than a 6th or 7th round pick IMO). Gartrell is a brute powerback like Hester, but with less short area burst, speed and elusiveness. Still, I expect Gartrell to get carries before Hester and Hester to be given his "proper" racial role as a blocking FB.
smiley7.gif

Yes there were no white DBs at all drafted, just sickening. Colt Anderson, Daniel Charbonnet, Anthony Sciorotto and CB Peter Ittersagan all should have gotten drafted though.
smiley18.gif

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Nich Schommer was drafted by the Titans in the 7th out of NDSU.

Next year looks better for white WRs. Toby Gerhart could be a high pick with another great year but his baseball career might prove a better personal option for him.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Yes you're right, Schommer was the one white Safety drafted. His stock went up after a great Pro Day along with Tyler Roehl (Roehl ran around a 4.5 flat 40). I also believe NDSU WR Kole Heckendorf ran a sub 4.4 40!

I should also correct myself that the Giants did draft white QB Rhett Bomar, but they look to really be blackening. Last year they had no whites drafted and one Mullato (LB Kehl of BYU). The Giants didn't even look to have one white UFA this year and only had one or two last year.

The Giants took Travis Beckum to play H-back ahead of James Casey. They also brought in two lousy black scrub RBs as UFAs when Stan Zwinggi is available and could fit in the RB rotation with the departure of Derek Ward behind Amhad Bradshaw and work his way up to the #1 or #2 RB eventually in a fair world.

BTW, my former second favorite team the Packers is now my #1 team! They brought in 2 white WRs out of the 4 WR UFAs (Heckendorf, Brodell). I actually think the Pack will have 3 white WRs out of the 61 players allowed on the taxi squad and roster this year! I predict two will make it out of Brodell, Heckendorf and Swain! These guys are just too good for Ted Thompson to completely cast aside. Go Pack!