2007 NFL Week 12

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
Regarding dropped passes, and perhaps fumbles.

It's as if the football were their unwanted offspring.

That ain't my baby.. so I ain't holding it or protecting it.

Lance Alworth

Mentor
I think the problem lies with the fact that a white guy like Furrey is more likely to be a team player and think of the team first where as most black athletes have a "me first" mentality. Thats probably why he lobbied for the Lions to draft Calvin Johnson. This is also one of the many things that separates us from blacks. Whites tend to help each other out and work for a common goal. That is why Europe has been so successful. Blacks OTH are selfish and don't care who has to pay for it as long as they get their "fair share". Look at Africa. The corrupt black dictators of those countries swindle all the money from their own people and have their own people live in poverty while they're rolling in the bread. Its a never ending cycle.

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
"Anyway, I think it would be a good idea to run the organization more like the NAACP (lots of white people). With that in mind I would like to nominate the first two 'honorary members' of Castefootbal.us. "

Oh my God, please stop posting this stupid sh*t.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
Lsnce Alworth, i couldn't agree more. in fact, your post was like a better written version of what i said earlier.
smiley32.gif

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Mike Furrey was the NFC's 2006 leader in receptions. I challange anyone to present a similar example of a player who was uninjured that went from the conference leader to number 4, that's 4!!!! on his teams depth chart. It is ridiculous and disrespectful. A man who takes that kind of slight in silence deserves to be called wimpy. I like Mike, hope the best for him, but facts are facts.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
I agree jaxvid; even if Furrey had the courage to speak up now and tell his coach: "I lead the team in receptions last year, went over 1000 yards and am the biggest team player on the team, yet you're making me the 4th WR! I ain't gonna tolerate that. I'll demand a trade if I don't get my slot role back!" I would have a lot more respect for Mike if he took a stand, but that would take courage that Furrey apparently doesn't have! Being the slot WR might be ok to him, but being a 4th should be completely unacceptable!

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
White receivers areroutinely demoted following a successful season. Brandon Stokley had his role greatly reduced after being as good as Harrison and Wayne in '04. Tim Dwight had a huge second half in '99 as a starter for the Falcons butbegan '00 as a backup. Also in '99, Darren Chiaverini had a very nice rookie season with the Browns and was out of the NFL two years later. Brian Finneran led the Falcons with 838 receiving yards in 2002 but was reverted to non-starter status the following season. Bill Schroeder had two big years in a row before he was reduced to scrub status. Drew Bennett nearly led the AFC in receiving in 2004 but was never regarded as a star or used like oneand is now the third receiver on the Rams. These examples are of course dwarfed by the huge number of white receivers who never had any opportunity at all, but even when white receivers do get an opportunity and do well it is almost always taken away from them.

It is the very rare white receiver, such as Ed McCaffrey, Ricky Proehl and Wayne Chrebet, who maintain their status for more than a year or two, and McCaffrey wasn't allowed to start until he was 30 years old. Proehl started his first five seasons and then was pretty much a third and fourth receiver after that. Chrebet was hampered by concussions, but he was also being phased out by the Jets beginning in 2003 when he was only 30.

We'll have to see what happens with Wes Welker and Kevin Curtis. Curtis will probably get part of the blame for Donovan McNabb having a mostly bad season. Welker seems to be in a solid position, but with the NFL it wouldn't be surprising at allif he too gets demoted next season. White receivers are treated only slightlyless unfairlyby this fanatically racist league than white running backs. Edited by: Don Wassall

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Drew Bennett should be starting over the 90 year old Isaac Bruce. He is a talented receiver who can catch the deep ball.

Don Wassall said:
White receivers are routinely demoted following a successful season.  Brandon Stokley had his role greatly reduced after being as good as Harrison and Wayne in '04.  Tim Dwight had a huge second half in '99 as a starter for the Falcons but began '00 as a backup.  Also in '99, Darren Chiaverini had a very nice rookie season with the Browns and was out of the NFL two years later.  Brian Finneran led the Falcons with 838 receiving yards in 2002 but was reverted to non-starter status the following season.  Bill Schroeder had two big years in a row before he was reduced to scrub status.  Drew Bennett nearly led the AFC in receiving in 2004 but was never regarded as a star or used like one and is now the third receiver on the Rams.  These examples are of course dwarfed by the huge number of white receivers who never had any opportunity at all, but even when white receivers do get an opportunity and do well it is almost always taken away from them.

It is the very rare white receiver, such as Ed McCaffrey, Ricky Proehl and Wayne Chrebet, who maintain their status for more than a year or two, and McCaffrey wasn't allowed to start until he was 30 years old.  Proehl started his first five seasons and then was pretty much a third and fourth receiver after that.  Chrebet was hampered by concussions, but he was also being phased out by the Jets beginning in 2003 when he was only 30. 

We'll have to see what happens with Wes Welker and Kevin Curtis.  Curtis will probably get part of the blame for Donovan McNabb having a mostly bad season.  Welker seems to be in a solid position, but with the NFL it wouldn't be surprising at all if he too gets demoted next season.  White receivers are treated only slightly less unfairly by this fanatically racist league than white running backs. 

A while back I referred to a WR named Justin Armour. He had a good rookie year with Buffalo, but missed the next year with an injury and was passed on to Philadelphia and Denver. In 1999 with Baltimore, Armour caught 37 passes as a third and fourth WR. He was a out of the league the next year. I'm not certain whether he was released or was a free agent who went unsigned. A Google search for Justin Armour turns up some interesting threads.

backrow

Hall of Famer
good thing about Welker is, he's already a slot receiver and in no danger of being demoted with a season he's having. he's been their most consistent receiver with sure hands.
i am more afraid for Kevin Walter and Kevin Curtis though.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
backrow said:
good thing about Welker is, he's already a slot receiver and in no danger of being demoted with a season he's having. he's been their most consistent receiver with sure hands.

I wouldnt be afraid for Curtis. He is an absolute athletic freak and they wouldnt have given him that contract to have him sit the bench.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
The truth is there isn't anything Furrey could have said or done that would have kept him from being demoted. If he had argued against drafting Johnson or anybody else he'd have been labeled a team cancer and probably benched or mae IA like Matt Jones.

It's obvious his actual performance on the field had nothing to do with his demotion or current lack of playing time, so I don't see where saying anything is likely to do him any good. The guy is probably well aware of why he was benched and is just hoping that by keeping his mouth shut he'll get another opportunity somewhere else (Wes Welker? Kevin Curtis?). If he opens his mouth to complain about being demoted, he is DONE, no doubt about it, no matter how good he is or what kind of performance he puts up.

Ranting and raving and giving everyone the bird would be nothing more than a last, great act of defiance. It might feel good, but Mike Furrey wouldn't be playing football next year, that's for sure.

G

If you notice those liberal whites and jews calling for actual self sacrifice on the part of whites never actually have to sacrifice themselves. But poor ol' Furrey thinking that sainthood is by ceasless selfloathing of ones self and ones race took the bait and now he does not get one pass thrown his way while the affletes drop pass after pass. And Martz instead of going to the slot man puts his quarterback in peril (even the fox caste whores notice this) while waiting for an afflete to get open since none of the affletes can beat man coverage.

Bart

Hall of Famer
White Shogun said:
The truth is there isn't anything Furrey could have said or done that would have kept him from being demoted.

That is most likely the case. Every year the Lions waste their draft picks on highly touted, underperforming affletic receivers who are supposed to be the big stars. Millen can't have any of his boys on the benchwhile Matt outplays them, soFurrey is the odd man out.My problem with him is that he should have made a case for his own accomplishments instaed of lobbying for a brutha. He didn't have to help dig his own grave, could have kept his mouth shut. Edited by: Bart

whiteCB

Master
backrow said:

The Eagles invested WAY TOO MUCH MONEY on Curtis to not give him every opportunity to succeed. Now I know NFL contracts are not guaranteed but I'm confident the Eagles will give Curtis the time of day. Also Mike Furrey is a little biatch for lobbying the team to draft a guy that would put him out of a starting position. When was the last time a guy lead the league in receptions and then wanted to NOT start the next season. What has Furrey been smoking???

G

Crouch and Furrey are unfortunately great football players that have been emasculated by the media/society. Instead of protesting their treatment they give into the b.s. where they should play or team concept approach.

This is an outrage and that spinless Furrey is giving in! He is the type of player that allows this caste system to thrive. WTF! He has a great last year and lobbies for the team to pick a blk player to replace him.

I guess he nor his family has to eat or enjoy a lavish lifestyle. In his wrecked mind, only the self serving blk affelets deserve it. I am pissed at him.
smiley7.gif

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Can any one quote or link to a source in which Furrey actually asked to be demoted so Calvin Johnson could take his place in the starting lineup? Or any article or other source in which Furrey acknowledged that he thought he would not start if Johnson was drafted?

Everyone keeps saying Furrey said this but I haven't been able to find it, either by reading all the threads on this forum that have 'Furrey' in the subject line, or by cursory review of articles found via Google.

Thanks.

Edited by: White Shogun

backrow

Hall of Famer
WS, here they mention it. he wanted Johnson drafted, we must assume he knew he's not going to start ahead of Lions number 1 pick. not in this league...

however he could still be succesful, we discussed it at length had he held on to slot position. here's where he should have fought, since McDonald is not a good receiver, and Furrey has done everything they asked him to do. caught all the passes, got first downs etc. even caste announcers remarked about it, how frustrating it must be and why is he not getting passes thrown to him after finishing SECOND in the league in catches last year.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Thanks for the link, backrow, I appreciate the effort.

It doesn't change my belief, though, that there is nothing Furrey could have done to prevent being demoted. It's hard for me to believe that the members of this board think Furrey could have actually lobbied against drafting another receiver and have it matter. After all, look at what's happening to Matt Jones in Jacksonville. All he had to do was just give the APPEARANCE he might not agree with what's going on, and he was IA for a couple of games, and his coach is bad mouthing him in public.

Think about what would have been said and what would have happened if Furrey actually said, 'We don't need any more receivers. The crew we have is good enough.' Yeah, right the Lions were 3-13 last year. They needed all the help they could get. Furrey would have been openly criticized by everyone in the media, his team mates, and most likely the coaching staff. He'd have been labeled a cancer in the locker room, and summarily booted from the league.

I submit that the fact that he DIDN'T say anything negative in this situation was a factor in why he wasn't cut in the first place. How many other white players have a good year and then get cut for no reason the next?

Besides that, how does anyone know whether or not he addressed his situation with Martz in private anyway?

And how was Crouch emasculated? He did exactly what people on this board are saying Furrey should have done: He spoke up, demanded to play quarterback, and refused to switch positions. Yeah, that really worked out for Crouch. Who does he play for again?

Some think Crouch should have switched positions, and everybody else cries that he should have demanded to play quarterback. Then he demands to play quarterback, and everybody else says he should have switched positions.
smiley5.gif

Edited by: White Shogun

backrow

Hall of Famer
i agree with you WS, however, as i mentioned before i do think he should have fought to keep a hold on slot, ahead of McDonald, who is really a Furrey-like type of a player without a benefit of great hands.
that's where i have a problem with him.

Crouch was in no win position, really. he got a lip service from NFL and nothing more. the league didn't want a white running QB only a year after they have gotten Vick. certain people must have realized that Crouch would be superior to him as a dual threat. Mike Martz was the only one willing to give him a chance as something other than QB, since he probably got the hint from the league.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
backrow said:
i agree with you WS, however, as i mentioned before i do think he should have fought to keep a hold on slot, ahead of McDonald, who is really a Furrey-like type of a player without a benefit of great hands.
that's where i have a problem with him.

backrow, have you seen anything to indicate that Furrey didn't lobby to keep his slot over McDonald? I might have missed it, but I haven't seen an article that says he said outright that he'd give up his position to McDonald, or acknowledged outright that he thinks McDonald is better and deserves his spot in the lineup? Public silence doesn't necessarily mean he didn't say or do something behind the scenes. But the fact is if he did say something publicly about losing his spot to McDonald, he'd have still become a pariah, locker room cancer, and unemployed next season.

I think this is one of those agree-to-disagree issues for me, lol, because I don't think Furrey could have changed the results of what happened this season no matter what he said, privately or publicly. Edited by: White Shogun

backrow

Hall of Famer
goddamn, Kevin Walter is punishing me for starting Holt ahead of him today, has 4 catches for 46 yards and a TD with 2:23 left in first quarter!
smiley32.gif

Patrick Kerney looks like a NFC player of the month to me. he just had an interception and a sack (his 5th of the month)Edited by: backrow

Poacher

Mentor
Young with two early turnovers as the train wreck rolls on...

backrow

Hall of Famer
a sighting of Matt Jones, had a catch for 13 yards. probably his last of the game. let's hope not.

Vanden Bosch also has a sack already.

Antonio Pittman: 3 carries for 6 yards... Brian Leonard: lined up as a runningback twice, no touches yet
smiley11.gif
smiley7.gif
Edited by: backrow