Yet another NBA brawl.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
I think any affalete who fights in a game should be forced to fight one fight in the UFC against a top ranked fighter in their weight class.

I think that would put an end to that sh*t real quick.
smiley36.gif

white tornado

Mentor
Its not like white people have never got in a fight.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
i saw a replay of the brawl, and i have to believe that David Lee, the only white player on the court, won't be fined or suspended. all he did was try to break it up...

the sucker punch by carmelo anthony was one of the biggest cheap shots i have ever seen in professional sports, but it is very typical of how blacks fight... they take a swipe at either a tiny, weak opponent or try to attack from the blindside instead of facing up man-to-man. disgusting.

Poacher

Mentor
white tornado said:

Name the last one involving all whites that was on a par with what we saw this time.

white tornado

Mentor
Ostertag vs Big Z

white is right

Hall of Famer
white tornado said:
The white players were the peace makers here. Nareja(mostly white) and Lee tried to break up the brawl. Anyway NBA guys are probably the worst fighters of the major sports. Only Hockey players have real fights, the rest of the athletes choose dance partners and do variations of a Texas two step, with slow dancing combined.

white tornado

Mentor
Anyway NBA guys are probably the worst fighters of the major sports.

Witch the vid I linked to proves.

Bart

Hall of Famer
Jimmy Chitwood said:
the sucker punch by carmelo anthony was one of the biggest cheap shots i have ever seen in professional sports, but it is very typical of how blacks fight...

Yeah, that was a classic . Mellois being groomed to share center stage with Le Bron and Wade. Will he pay the piper or get a slap on the wrists? After what happened in Detroit,you'd think the league would have to send a strong mesage.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Jimmy Chitwood said:
the sucker punch by carmelo anthony was one of the biggest cheap shots i have ever seen in professional sports, but it is very typical of how blacks fight... they take a swipe at either a tiny, weak opponent or try to attack from the blindside instead of facing up man-to-man. disgusting.

I think that is a little harsh although it definitley was a cheap hit by Carmello. I've seen a few bad cheap shots in hockey by white players. Like the one where Bertuzzi broke a players neck by a hard forearm to the back of the neck and then drive him to the ice, with the guy in a defenseless position. There was also two incidents where a couple white players attacked a black hockey player. One was Marty McCsorley and the other a Devils player, I think, and they were both suspended. And Bill Romanowski was known to hit quarterbacks in the chest or head with his helmet purposely...and admitted that he wouldn't mind knocking them out of the game.Edited by: ToughJ.Riggins

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
LOL @ Riggins bringing Romanowski into a debate about athletes brawling during a game. Tell me - was Romanowski ever ejected for fighting during a game? Did he ever once even get into a fight during a game? I can't think of one - and if he did it would have been brought up in every article and every news report every written about the guy.

Why don't you name some white players who actually got into a fight during a game? I'm sure there are a few in the myriad brawls baseball teams have engaged in the past few years.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Should I have said Mark Gastinou, Christian Peter or Mark
Chumura for off feild incidents? I don't think offfield incidents apply to this situation. I just couldn't think of a big NFL brawl...Maybe the Giants 49er brawl in the playoff game where the Giants blew a 24 point lead. There were a couple white players involved in that, and Shockey threw a cup of ice into the stands that hit a kid. Shockey is still one of my favourite players though, b/c he doesn't take crap from anyone, including black trash talkers! I swear the guy is angry every time he gets tackled. It may be b/c some of the black players refer to his race and call him "white boy".Edited by: ToughJ.Riggins

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
What can I say, I'm a moderatly Conservative Canadian...There are very few Far right conservatives in Canada...I may have a more liberal view than some of the posters on this board about African American/ African Canadian violence and crime statistics, and off-field athlete incidents. I started posting on this board b/c I know one thing being from Ontario, Jesse Lumsden was totally screwed by the Caste system!

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I enjoy your posts, Riggins. I think it's a healthy thing to have people of varying political beliefs posting here, as we do, as long as we all agree on the existence of the Caste System and that it'sa very unhealthy and unfairconstruct that must be abolished.

G

Poacher said:
white tornado said:

Name the last one involving all whites that was on a par with what we saw this time.

Ice Hockey is a sport where FIGHTING isnt only permitted, but ENCOURAGED. And i always see lil children at teh stands cheering as their heros begin throwing fists.

NBA brawls only hapens once every 2 years.Edited by: McBride

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Just now I was watching "Sports Center" and theyhad Stephen A. Smith on as their expert on the NBA and how it should handle brawls. ESPN's John Buccigross
smiley8.gif
introduced the segment by beginning, "Throughout its history the NBA has had brawls. Larry Bird hit a few people. . ."

Yes, Larry Bird that well known thug. I remember Julius Erving taking swings at Bird but I don't recall Bird ever starting or otherwise being in a fight. Yet he was singled out like that by ESPN as its poster child for brawling on court. Really sickening stuff.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Don Wassall said:
I enjoy your posts, Riggins. I think it's a healthy thing to have people of varying political beliefs posting here, as we do, as long as we all agree on the existence of the Caste System and that it's a very unhealthy and unfair construct that must be abolished.

Thanks for the compliment, I do have a habit of ranting though, but it's mostly out of frustration. This is because I definitley agree strongly not only that the Caste System exists, but is strong, and must be abolished!Edited by: ToughJ.Riggins

Yeah, when I think of basketball thugs, it's Larry Bird ahead of John
Brisker ... whose second career was fighing for Idi Amin.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
The only white basketball player that I can think of that was a bit of a thug was Bill Lambeer...lol!Edited by: ToughJ.Riggins

McBride said:
Poacher said:
white tornado said:

Ice Hockey is a sport where FIGHTING isnt only permitted, but ENCOURAGED. And i always see lil children at teh stands cheering as their heros begin throwing fists.

NBA brawls only hapens once every 2 years.

Unlike the NBA, the little children will never have to worry about the players coming into the stands and striking THEM.

Ice hockey is a physical sport and the players realize that fighting is a component of it. The fans also understand this, and choose to support the game nonetheless. Basketball can be very physical, but is nowhere near what Hockey is like. Furthermore, players don't expect to 'fight' each other, and fans dont watch basketball for fights.

I suppose I can assume you aren't a very big fan of boxing either?
smiley2.gif
Edited by: Sark6354201

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Good post, Sark. Other differences: Hockey years ago eliminated brawling. Players fight, but if a third player joins in, or anyone jumps off the bench while a fight is taking place, they face a severe suspension, something on the order of 20 games. As a result, hockey fights are one-on-one bouts only.

It's also difficult to fight on skates. Many hockey players are good fighters, but it'srare whenone actually gets hurt in a fight. If they were fightingflat-footed on a non-ice surface akin to a basketball court, fighting would be strictly outlawed in hockey.

Another difference is that a barrier separates fans from the players. Basketball players can be in the stands in an instant; although a few NHL players tried to doclimb into the stands inthe past, those days are now gone.

Charlie

Guru
The best thing is Iverson is going to Denver at the same time 'Melo is on suspension. Which means one me-first shooter is taking another's spot. Imagine the soap opera when 'Melo returns.

I think the NBA should have a good NYC team. Maybe the NBA could take over the Knicks franchise like a failed school district.

Don Wassall said:
As a result, hockey fights are one-on-one bouts only. It's also difficult to fight on skates.  Many hockey players are good fighters, but it's rare when one actually gets hurt in a fight.  If they were fighting flat-footed on a non-ice surface akin to a basketball court, fighting would be strictly outlawed in hockey.

Another difference is that a barrier separates fans from the players.  Basketball players can be in the stands in an instant; although a few NHL players tried to do climb into the stands in the past, those days are now gone.<!-- Message ''"" -->

As a hockey player, I could not have stated that any clearer myself.While watching clips from the Knicks/Nuggets "bassa-brawl" the other night, I witnessed Carmelo Anthony hit a player with a sucker punch and then run away...lol.In hockey, that is unheard of.If you square off someone on the ice, its always a concentual decision. And a player NEVER runs away after the altercation starts.If a player were to sucker punch an opponent in hockey, someone from their own team would beat them senseless, come practice time.

As I was watching Quite Frankly the other night (I know...why punish myself), Mr. Smiff had two of his usual "sports expert brotha" types on, when discussing the Knicks/Nuggets brawl.One of them IMMEDIATELY attacked hockey, saying that the sport isn't "under a microscope" like the NBA, because hockey is a White sport.The guest then proceeded to say that because the NBA consistes of predominantly black males, that they are subject to more scrutiny.Typical black response...blame Whitey once again.

But what people fail to realize, is that during that fight, the players fell onto people in the crowd (some of which were women).Could you imagine if one of those animals swung and missed, and hit some female member of the crowed with a punch?A shot from one of those guys could potentially KILL a female.Then what would all the media pundits say? ...that she shouldn't have been there in the first place? Unbeleivable, these morons never cease to amaze me with the amount of excuses they come up with for black bad behavior.These "affletes" need to take some responsibility for their own actions, and learn some self control.
Edited by: Ground Fighter

Weltner

Guru
the sucker punch by carmelo anthony was one of the biggest cheap shots i have ever seen in professional sports, but it is very typical of how blacks fight... they take a swipe at either a tiny, weak opponent or try to attack from the blindside instead of facing up man-to-man. disgusting.[/QUOTE]

Black 'fighting' 101.