Wladimir Klitschko vs David Haye July 2011

werewolf

Hall of Famer
Here's my prediction:

TKO round five. Haye refuses to come out for round five. He and his corner scream that Wlad has been doing something illegal.

Possible alternate outcome: Wlad by KO within first minute of round one.

Edited by: werewolf

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Wlad's M.O. is to punish his opponents with the jab until they fall in round 8 or 9.

This should end earlier as Haye is much smaller than most of Wlad's opponents. I say TKO round 7.

Alexander79

Liverlips said:
Wlad's M.O. is to punish his opponents with the jab until they fall in round 8 or 9.

This should end earlier as Haye is much smaller than most of Wlad's opponents. I say TKO round 7.
<div>
</div><div>Am i the only one thinking that Haye might not even show up in the ring again after all? LOL</div>

white is right

Hall of Famer
Liverlips said:
Haye comes in at a very low 212 - nearly a cruiserweight.

Wlad is the usual 242.

Haye plans to stick and move like he did against Valuev.

Please do not worry about this fight! This will be an easy win for Wlad.
Yes he is too light unless he bombs Wlad out in a round or 2 because at that weight he can't take any punishment. Plus his style isn't a prime Holyfield. Also Haye is a manufactured small heavyweight as it looks like he has added 12 pounds of muscle on his frame.

moose

Guru
I would like to see vlad retire after he beats haye, he is 35 and vitalis is going to be 40 this month. At there age when they fight they are fighting their opponent in the ring and father time also, no one can beat father time, you might be able to slow him down some but you can't beat him.

Alexander79

moose said:
I would like to see vlad retire after he beats haye, he is 35 and vitalis is going to be 40 this month. At there age when they fight they are fighting their opponent in the ring and father time also, no one can beat father time, you might be able to slow him down some but you can't beat him.
<div>
</div><div>I disagree, Wladimir can dominate for 2-3 more years, if not even more, and break the record of most title defenses that the overrated black American Joe Louis hold from the 30's-40's, when he mostly fought some bums from America, in my eyes he was not even a world champion, he was the American national champ, that's all, boxing was nowhere near an international sport back then.</div><div>
</div><div>Vitali should retire once he beats Adamek as one of the top 3 HW boxers of all time, the man is great.</div>

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Hopkins is more than 10 years older than Wladimir and at 46 years old he's still fighting at the top level. I see no signs of Wladimir slowing down. He's got at least 3 more good years at his prime. Vitali is another story as he's slowed down a bit.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Here's an article from the white-goyim-hating Jewish supremacist Eric Raskin:

Klitschko vs. Haye: Why you should care

Wladimir Klitschko is the heavyweight champion of the world, a title that used to be all you needed to rank among the most famous people on the planet. He's won 13 straight fights â€" 10 by knockout â€" and he's been the king of his weight class for five years. But to those who don't follow boxing, his name is at best vaguely familiar. Many Americans only know the towering Ukrainian because they've seen him in gossip rags with his ex, Hayden Panettiere; or they watched the episode of The Ellen DeGeneres Show on which the flyweight actress explained how a 5-foot-1 woman and a 6-foot-6 man can have sex.

Klitschko's underwhelming Q-score is due partly to a generation-long swoon in boxing's popularity, but also to what he has personally done to kill interest in the heavyweight division. It also doesn't help that Klitschko has a brother, Vitali, who is similarly dominant in the ring and nearly indistinguishable from Wladimir to most casual sports fans.

On Saturday night in Hamburg, Germany, Klitschko will defend his championship against David Haye in the most hype-worthy heavyweight fight in nine years. You can interpret that superlative largely as an indictment of what's become of the division. Nevertheless, this is a big fight. It's almost a world-stops-spinning event in Europe, and on a July 4th weekend with little to watch besides midseason baseball, it's a chance to convince American fans that they should care about boxing. Here's what you need to know about Klitschko's showdown with Haye.

What the hell happened to the heavyweight division?

The brothers Klitschko have ruled the heavyweight division since Lennox Lewis retired in 2003. Part of the problem â€" with U.S. audiences, at least â€" is that the Klitschkos aren't American. Another problem is that so many heavyweight boxers have ruined the fun of super-slo-mo with their undulating man-boobs. The biggest problem, however, is the way Wladimir has elected to fight since suffering a pair of crushing knockout losses in 2003 and 2004. Klitschko's modus operandi is to keep opponents away from his chin at all costs. He achieves this by jabbing, grabbing, and refusing to open up offensively until trainer Emanuel Steward has gone hoarse from screaming at Wladimir to finish his opponent.

In boxing, it's not enough to win; you're expected to entertain. But if you get knocked out trying to entertain, then you were stupid for not just fighting to win.

Wladimir's cautious and effective style has won him 13 consecutive fights. Yet Klitschko's refusal to use his full offensive arsenal has been utterly maddening. There's nothing wrong with pitching like Jamie Moyer, but if Moyer had Randy Johnson's fastball and still pitched like Jamie Moyer, you'd be annoyed, right? Klitschko's fastball is so explosive that he ends a lot of fights early almost by accident, making him, somehow, a safety-first knockout artist. Unfortunately, it's the "safety first" part that governs all but the final few seconds of his fights, and the resulting tedium eventually convinced HBO to slash heavyweight coverage. Saturday's fight will be the first heavyweight title bout the network has aired in 18 months. Klitschko's success in the ring may be unassailable, but the fact remains that his fights are usually a chore to watch.

So, seriously, which Klitschko is which?

Wladimir is 35 years old and stands 6-foot-6. Vitali is 39 and 6-foot-7. Wladimir holds two alphabet belts, The Ring magazine title, and calls himself "Dr. Steelhammer." Vitali has one belt and goes by "Dr. Ironfist." Wladimir recently broke up with a starlet. Vitali is married with kids. Wlad is a more athletic fighter with greater offensive variety and more technical skill. Vitali is awkward and ungainly but takes a better punch and possesses more of a killer instinct. If they ever fought, most boxing experts predict Vitali would win, but they've vowed never to meet in the ring, so forget about that. Vitali ran for public office in the Ukraine. Wladimir does magic tricks.

Who is David Haye?

Haye is a former cruiserweight champion who packed on 15 extra pounds, grabbed the one alpha-belt not held by the Klitschkos, and became a marketable challenger at a time when nobody else fits the bill. He's British, like Lennox Lewis, but unlike Lewis he's a small heavyweight with a big mouth. And, yes, that mouth earned Haye a shot at Klitschko more than anything he has done in the ring.

Haye declared Wladimir "solely responsible for killing the heavyweight division." Haye also caused the Klitschkos great displeasure by wearing a T-shirt that depicted himself holding the decapitated heads of both brothers. When HBO analyst Max Kellerman asked Haye during a prefight interview why he hates Klitschko, Haye replied "because he's clearly a dickhead" with Wlad sitting two feet away from him. If you close your eyes and listen to the fighters' conversation with Kellerman, it sounds something like a debate between Ali G and Borat, especially when Klitschko refers to Haye's jewelry as "flashy-flash."

Is this fight going to make heavyweight boxing matter again?

If Klitschko wins in his usual style â€" pecking away from a distance, softening Haye up, and finally stopping him in the late rounds â€" then this fight does nothing but add a thin layer of padding to Klitschko's Hall of Fame candidacy.

However, if Klitschko recognizes the fight as his opportunity to impress a wider audience, it could be a thriller. These are two talented, chiseled fighters with heavyweight punches and cruiserweight chins. Most boxing observers believe Haye will be in trouble the first time he gets hit with a power shot; it follows that his best chance to win is to land his own bombs before Klitschko can drill him.

Every few months boxing fans get their hopes up that one fight or another will return the sport to relevance, but it never turns out that way. If this trash-talking David upsets an uninspiring Goliath, that would provide a step forward for boxing. If said Goliath scores a sensational knockout in a dramatic fight, it would be a victory for HBO, the heavyweight division, and the Klitschko brand. It might even help to separate that brand into two distinct halves, with Wladimir standing an inch taller than Vitali for a change.

The REAL reason that Wladimir Klitschko isn't better known in the US is because the media is controlled by Jewish Supremacists, and they want the heavyweight champion to be black so white men feel intimidated by blacks. They either 1) pretend Wlad doesn't exist 2) smear him with negative labels like "boring". Edited by: Parody

The Hock

Master
Well, just for the record, Vlad should swat this metrosexual mulatto around the ring for as long as it lasts. The fight could set a record for quickest retired on stool stoppage. But the Raskins of the world will still find faults that they never find in truly boring fighters like Hopkins and Mayweather. I'll tell you, I've never been and "Jews this" and "Jews that" poster, but I've started paying attention to the relationships and interactions between them and blacks in boxing closely, and it's been a real eye opener.Edited by: The Hock

white is right

Hall of Famer
Alexander79 said:
moose said:
<div></div><div>I disagree, Wladimir can dominate for 2-3 more years, if not even more, and break the record of most title defenses that the overrated black American Joe Louis hold from the 30's-40's, when he mostly fought some bums from America, in my eyes he was not even a world champion, he was the American national champ, that's all, boxing was nowhere near an international sport back then.</div><div></div><div>Vitali should retire once he beats Adamek as one of the top 3 HW boxers of all time, the man is great.</div>
He can't break the record because he doesn't fight often enough. He can reign for another 3 years or so, but unlike Vitali he will fall apart quicker because his chin isn't as good and his defense is more orthodox. Vitali while obviously not as good as he was around the Lewis fight still isn't getting touched much because of his kick boxing style defense.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Excellent article by Dan Rafael

For more than five years, Wladimir Klitschko has been heavyweight champion. He has rolled through opponent after opponent in his nine title defenses, winning eight by knockout, one by shutout decision, and barely lost a round along the way.

He has unified two belts and has as many defenses as the prime Mike Tyson did during his first glorious reign.

The Ukraine native has packed arenas throughout Germany, his adopted homeland, and made tens of millions of dollars. The 1996 Olympic gold medalist is a surefire first-ballot Hall of Famer.

Yet for all of his accomplishments -- through two title reigns -- what is Klitschko's defining fight? He hasn't had one yet.

Maybe it's because he has smoked most of his opponents so easily. Maybe it's because some define his career more by his upset losses to Corrie Sanders and Lamon Brewster during his dark days, a 13-month stretch in 2003 and 2004, than they do by his victories.

Maybe it's because he hasn't had the rival every great fighter needs, like Muhammad Ali had in Joe Frazier and Sugar Ray Leonard had in Thomas Hearns and Roberto Duran.

But Klitschko has his defining fight at hand, three years in the making: He will finally meet titleholder David Haye of England before an expected crowd of 55,000 at Imtech Arena in Hamburg, Germany, on Saturday (HBO, 4:45 p.m. ET with a 9:45 p.m. ET/PT replay).

It is the biggest heavyweight fight boxing has seen since then-champion Lennox Lewis defended the title in what turned out to be his final bout, against Vitali Klitschko, Wladimir's older brother, in a bloody 2003 slugfest.

The Klitschko-Haye outcome will go a long way toward cementing the legacy of both fighters, but Klitschko, 35, insists that isn't on his mind.

"I honestly don't think about that. That is the 100 percent truth," Klitschko said in an interview with ESPN.com. "[Trainer] Emanuel [Steward] is calling it a signature fight. I'm like, 'OK, whatever it is, I just enjoy myself.' I lost to Sanders and Brewster and I was on the bottom of the sport. I was criticized. I was nothing. Even my brother told me, 'Wladimir, look in the mirror, I think you have to stop boxing. That's it. You reached your peak and that's it for you.'

"I remember someone pushed this British magazine at me after the Brewster fight, and there was this picture of me on the floor on my knees with a funny face and there was a headline, 'Broken Man,' and it was so hard to see that. I always had been a star, and then I was on the floor of the sport. They said I had no guts, no heart, no chin. This is payback for all of that. I do not care about legacy. I don't think about legacy. I don't think about it at all. I think about my payback and my performance. Every fight, in a certain way, is a payback. But this is the ultimate one."

"I remember someone pushed this British magazine at me after the [Lamon] Brewster fight, and there was this picture of me on the floor on my knees with a funny face and there was a headline, 'Broken Man,' and it was so hard to see that. I always had been a star, and then I was on the floor of the sport. They said I had no guts, no heart, no chin. This is payback for all of that. I do not care about legacy. I don't think about legacy. I don't think about it at all. "Â￾ -- Wladimir Klitschko on whether Saturday's fight with David Haye will define his legacy

Haye takes the opposite view, knowing he can make his career in one night.

"This fight solidifies my legacy. It'll get people to realize that I'm better than him. This is my chance to prove I'm the main man in the world," said Haye, who is not bothered by traveling to Germany for the fight. He won his heavyweight belt there and was also on the road in Paris when he knocked out Jean-Marc Mormeck to unify cruiserweight titles.

"This is the defining fight of my career, and also of his."

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Klitschko (55-3, 49 KOs) and Haye (25-1, 23 KOs) have been on this collision course since 2008, when Haye, then the cruiserweight world champion, confronted Klitschko at a press conference in England and tried to goad him into fighting.

Later, Haye, 30, angered the Klitschko brothers when he famously wore a T-shirt depicting himself standing with the decapitated, bloody heads of each of them.

Adding to the rivalry was Haye's signing to face Wladimir in June 2009 only to back out a couple of weeks before the fight, citing an injury he never produced medical documentation for and one few believed was real.

Later in 2009, Haye negotiated a deal to challenge Vitali Klitschko, who holds one of the belts. But Haye backed out just before signing to instead sign to face titlist Nikolai Valuev, with whom he had been secretly negotiating. Haye eked out a majority decision against Valuev and has made nondescript defenses against former titlist John Ruiz and countryman Audley Harrison.

But Haye talked such a good game and got under Klitschko's skin so deep that, despite grueling negotiations, they are finally here on the eve of their much-anticipated fight.

Haye, who claims he will retire at the end of the year, has no regrets about pulling out of either of the 2009 fights.

"I'm a betting man and I believe my chances are better now," Haye said on Sky's Ringside. "I'm a better athlete [now], I'm bigger, I'm stronger, I'm more seasoned in the heavyweight division and I'm a champion, and it's a 50-50 [revenue] split. If you looked back at what I was going to get [for the first 2009 fight], it was peanuts -- complete peanuts compared to what I'm getting now. Everything happens for a reason, and I'm glad it has happened the way it has because I believe I'm in a good position now."

Haye also said he has no regrets about his verbal assault on Klitschko -- whom he has called boring, a robot and accused of using performance-enhancing drugs -- or wearing the infamous T-shirt. After all, he knows those acts got him the biggest fight of his career.

"Without those controversial acts that I implemented on him, I probably wouldn't be here now," Haye said on Ringside. "It always takes that little spark to get the interest. Without the initial interest, I may never have been on his radar. But the fact that I ruffled some feathers, not only in Britain but worldwide, Germany, America, it put me on the map even before I'd have had a heavyweight fight. People knew who I was. They'd say, 'You're that guy who wore that crazy T-shirt.' I bypassed a lot of the tougher, interim fights that most fighters may have to have to get to a title fight because of the way I was acting, because people were interested in me. So in no way, shape or form do I regret doing any of the controversial stuff that I've done or said."

Klitschko is convinced Haye will finally show up this time.

"He has to," Klitschko said. "He said he stopped sparring 18 days before the fight so nothing would happen to him and he couldn't injure himself. This time I'm pretty sure he will show up. He has to show up. If he won't, it will be ridiculous."

And when he does, Klitschko has a plan for him.

He has nicknamed Haye "No. 50" -- as in, Klitschko plans for Haye to be his 50th knockout victim.

"I'm happy that Haye will be in great shape, because that means a real challenge for me and that's what I want," Klitschko said. "I respect Haye as a fighter, but definitely not as a person. I will knock him out, back into reality. Haye will be my No. 50 on my knockout list."

Klitschko said although Steward would like him to get an early knockout, he wants to make Haye suffer through a beating.

"I will b1tch-slap him for 12 rounds and then knock him out at the last second. That will be the best lesson," Klitschko said. "Inside David Haye is not a bad guy. But after his little success, he's lost the ground under his feet. It could happen to anyone, and I understand it. My task is to put him back on the ground. It's going to be better for his future. The guy has lost his mind completely. I will save him and make him a better person. I would call this fight his treatment. This fight is going to be his rehab. That's what he needs. I am not even joking."

Haye is predicting his own knockout.

"I'm in tremendous shape. I'm healthy, have great punch power and speed. I have the perfect game plan to beat Wladimir Klitschko," he said. "Once I start landing flush regularly, I will hurt him. But I'll have to bust him up slowly. He's not as chinny as people say he is, and it will not be a fencing competition, as his arms are twice as long as mine. I know I can implement the game plan we have masterminded, and I'm going in there to rip the belts off him. No way will he last 12 rounds."

For all of the talking Haye has done, he has refused to again wear the famous T-shirt, despite Klitschko's dare. He has also refused to shake Klitschko's hand during their various media events, be it multiple press conferences or the filming of HBO's "Face Off with Max Kellerman."

"He denied to shake my hand," Klitschko said. "The Dalai Lama shook this hand. President Clinton shook my hand. This same hand shook hands with the president of Ukraine, Max Schmeling, Joe Frazier, Muhammad Ali, Lennox Lewis, Larry Holmes, Steven Spielberg. I can go on forever. None of them denied to shake my hand. David Haye denies to shake this magic hand. The man doesn't give any respect.

"He thinks I'm accidentally heavyweight champion of the world and I have no talents. He will be No. 50 on my list. I will show him that he is no different than those 49 guys on my list. He will be knockout No. 50. David Haye is an egg. He looks hard on the outside, but when you crack it open, it's soft on the inside."

Klitschko said Haye even refused to sit in the same room with him during the taping of a joint interview on England's Sky network, whose pay-per-view arm will carry the fight in the United Kingdom.

"We were supposed to sit in the same room, and he wouldn't," Klitschko said. "I was waiting for him. Later, he was on the screen but in the other room at the studio. I said, 'Dude, get in the room.' He didn't want to be in the same room with me. I didn't get this. I was trying to treat him as respectfully as I can. I am not playing with him. I am serious about the business and pissed off at David Haye. My emotions are one thing, but I am treating him respectfully, but Davis Haye as a person is garbage."

Steward has helped keep Klitschko calm and is also confident of a knockout.

"David Haye says he is going to fight a robot on Saturday night," Steward said. "Well, if that's true, it's a very fast and intelligent robot. It's a robot that will destroy and kill and knock out David Haye.

"Then this very intelligent man will come to me and say, 'Mission accomplished.'"

Mission accomplished. Respect earned. Legacy sealed.

Alexander79

Come on wladdy, show them what we the dominant Euros are made from. The glorious white Euros that have won over 75% of the medals in amateur world boxing championships and over 65% of the medals inOlympicboxing and have produced the most professional champs from any other continent in the last 15 years, especially now that Eastern Europe got involved in professional boxing.<div>
</div><div>COME ON WLAD!</div>

Edited by: Alexander79

Thenews just keeps geting better, the weather reports from Hamburg are calling for light rain and a temperature of 62F. And their fightingin an open air stadium.
Negros can't take weather like that.Edited by: lost

Westside

Hall of Famer
Just read Steward's assessment how Wlad is so much better than Gaye and how he will steam roll the gaye on ESB.

In recent memory the only fight that I can remember getting CF this pumped was Hatton vs Mayweather. Man, that was a tough pill to swallow. I really don't think we will have a similar outcome. Wlad knows this is big and has prepared accordlingly with Steward guiding the way, contrary to what some believe.

werewolf

Hall of Famer
"Hatton vs Mayweather. Man, that was a tough pill to swallow."

They "fixed" that one too. Hatton was facing two opponents, Mayweather and referee Joe Cortez, plus they built a ring specially designed for the Negro, and I'm sure the judges were on the payroll too had it gone that far. I don't know what they're going to try to pull today but I expect something. Fair play is an Aryan concept. Negroes and Talmudists laugh at it.

Westside

Hall of Famer
Yeah, WW I feel what you are saying, but Ricky walking into that perfectly placed check left hook by gayweather was NOT made possible by the "Talmudists" or Joe Cortez. It was Ricky not fighting smart and getting reckless towards the end. Remember after rd 6 Ricky was leading the score cards in most eyes.

Alexander79

Westside said:
Just read Steward's assessment how Wlad is so much better than Gaye and how he will steam roll the gaye on ESB.

In recent memory the only fight that I can remember getting CF this pumped was Hatton vs Mayweather. Man, that was a tough pill to swallow. I really don't think we will have a similar outcome. Wlad knows this is big and has prepared accordlingly with Steward guiding the way, contrary to what some believe.
<div>
</div><div>Mate, regardless result tonight (Wlad by emasculation is my prediction anyways) Europeans have done their duty more than once in similar fights, especially Eastern Euros once the Iron Curtain did fall and after.</div><div>Klitschkos have offered tons of KO's and wins VS black hypes</div><div>So did Kostya Tsuzyu</div><div>So did Pirog</div><div>So did Bute</div><div>So did Joe Calzaghe</div><div>So did Sergio Martinez and so on</div><div>
</div><div>We dominate
smiley4.gif
</div>

werewolf

Hall of Famer
Westside said:
Yeah, WW I feel what you are saying, but Ricky walking into that perfectly placed check left hook by gayweather was NOT made possible by the "Talmudists" or Joe Cortez. It was Ricky not fighting smart and getting reckless towards the end. Remember after rd 6 Ricky was leading the score cards in most eyes.

Cortez was distracting him as hard as he could and not letting him fight on the inside. I thought the highlight was when Hatton made the kiss my ass sign to him. Hatton should have slugged that bug eyed **** Kellerman for his disrespectful post fight interview.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
werewolf said:
Cortez was distracting him as hard as he could and not letting him fight on the inside. I thought the highlight was when Hatton made the kiss my ass sign to him. Hatton should have slugged that bug eyed **** Kellerman for his disrespectful post fight interview.

You're right. Hatton was fighting two men in the ring that night, Mayweather and the crooked Cortez.

Even people like Roy Jones and Jim Lampley said Cortez was not fair to Hatton. The only commentators and writers who denied Cortez was helping Mayweather were white-goyim-hating Jewish Supremacists like Max Kellerman.

WHITE NOISE

Mentor
Someone please post possible streams for this fight!

werewolf

Hall of Famer
Thanks for the streams, in case the HBO doesn't work for some reason.

The thread on top says this site is off the air starting yesterday, but so far it's still here.
Edited by: werewolf

referendum

Mentor
I believe CF will be offline next week, it was postponed till then. Parody, thanks for the streams, can't wait till this fight.Edited by: referendum