Who will win the Stanley Cup this Year?

B

Bruce Pierce II

I am a Pengiun fan but I think it comes down to Vancouver and Boston. Both are very deep and coming off of losses last year after high expectations.
The NY Rangers are deep on defense and in goal but their bottom 2 scoring lines are really lacking in offense.
It looks like Vancouvers year IMO. Go Penguins!

Tannehill17

Mentor
My pick is the Rangers. They underachieved last year by losing to the Devils in the playoffs last year but I think Rick Nash will be the guy that puts them over the top.

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
I am a Pengiun fan but I think it comes down to Vancouver and Boston. Both are very deep and coming off of losses last year after high expectations.
The NY Rangers are deep on defense and in goal but their bottom 2 scoring lines are really lacking in offense.
It looks like Vancouvers year IMO. Go Penguins!

I hope that Pittsburgh wins it this year too. Fluery is going to have to recover from his terrible playoffs series against the Flyers last post season. Crosby and Malkin are very talented, along with Letang and Orphik. I'm hoping that they can win it this year!

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Let's go Pens!

[video=youtube;eWjsquqI-Rk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWjsquqI-Rk[/video]​

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Glory days!

lordstanley.jpg

And older glory days!
penguins-cup.jpg

B

Bruce Pierce II

My pick would agian be Vancouver. In a shortened season the skilled players for Vancouver will be rested. I would love to see Crosby get another cup and they are deep as ever up front but the Pens will probably fall to the Rangers if not someone else.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
My pick is the Rangers. They underachieved last year by losing to the Devils in the playoffs last year but I think Rick Nash will be the guy that puts them over the top.
As a Rangers fan I'll have to agree. All depends on Nash finding a line he meshes with and the young players like Stepan, Kreider and Hagelin taking the next step in development. Also, the Rangers are "diversity" free and have many American born talents! :usa2: (Lol, ok don't wanna seem too much like a DWF)

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Gotta pull for the Caps but Canucks, Rangers, Bruins and Pens most likely candidates.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I'm a diehard Penguins fan, but it'll be interesting to see how the Kings do. They totally dominated the playoffs last season and did it as a number eight seed. It was pretty amazing to watch. Will they be a fluke or was it the start of a sustained period of being a Cup contender?

Sounds like a cop-out, but the hottest team at the end of the year.......I'm a Devil's fan and it will be hard to repeat what the devils did last year.(getting as far as they did). The shortened season will help the rangers because that psychotic tortorella won't be able to grind them down to nothing. But lunquist isn't a big game goalie so they'll get knocked out in the play-offs. My pick the Penguins with Sid the Kid.

Tannehill17

Mentor
Gotta pull for the Caps but Canucks, Rangers, Bruins and Pens most likely candidates.
The Canucks aren't winning anything this year. I think they are simply one of those cursed franchises like the Chicago Cubs or the Cleveland Browns.

I probably still can't pick who's going to win the StanleyCup but there's certainly a lot of teams out there who don't have a chance. hmm cough cough rangers hmm cough lol