Whitest College Teams-2006

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Here are all D1-A teams with at least half of their projected starters being white. Only full time offensive and defensive positions are researched for each of the 119 teams in D1-A. At least 11 of 22 starters must be white in order to be on the list. The list on the bottom of this post shows teams with 10 of 22 white starters because a few of these teams make changes throughout the season that may move them into the main list. Thanks to those who helped!

1-BYU, Air Force-19
3-Nevada, Wyoming-17
5-Colorado State, Army-16
7-Utah, Ohio-15
9-Stanford, Boise State-14
11-Iowa, Miami of Ohio, Northwestern, North Texas, Nebraska, Arizona State, Idaho, Boston College, Oregon State-13
20-Bowling Green, Utah State, Iowa State, Ohio State, Western Michigan, Northern Illinois, Cincinnati, San Diego State, Indiana, Wisconsin-12
30-UNLV, West Virginia, Notre Dame, New Mexico, Kansas State, Illinois, Vanderbilt-11

10 out of 22 white starters include UCLA, Ball State, Minnesota, Arizona, Penn State, Buffalo, UTEP, Duke, New Mexico State, Navy, Tulsa, and Central Florida.
Edited by: Colonel_Reb

SteveB

Mentor
I don't think that you have looked at them yet, but the Rice Owls always start a majority of white players. They have a new coach this year with a new spread offense, a good recruiting class, so they may be pretty good in the next couple of seasons.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
SteveB, thanks for the info. I remember looking at them last year, so I'll do them next.Edited by: Colonel_Reb

whiteCB

Master
Once again no teams from the SEC or ACC. Man I hate watching those conferences play.

Gary

Mentor
Colonel Reb you do a great job on these college football teams-Great job!!
smiley32.gif

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Well, whiteCB, to be fair, 2 SEC teams were on it last year, Kentucky(11) and Vanderbilt(12). Kentucky didn't make it this year, but Vanderbilt did(11). You are correct about the ACC though. It is tough for me to watch those games now as well.

whiteCB

Master
It's good to see Ohio St and Notre Dame up there becuase it means we have a legit chance to see a predominitly white team playing in the national championship game.
smiley1.gif

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Bump for some updates.

whiteCB

Master
WOW 4 teams from the state of Ohio on there! Ohio once again producing football players like its our job.
smiley32.gif

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Bump for update.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
That's one of the reasons Col. Reb is the first, and thus far only, member of the Caste Football Hall of Fame.
smiley20.gif

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Thanks guys! It does my heart good to hear it. I didn't think I'd be able to get to all D1-A teams this summer, but it looks like we will. Maybe I can highlight a few D1-AA and D2 schools as well, if I can get the correct info together.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Division 1-A is complete! We have 34 teams that I believe will be at least half white this year, and 28 majority white teams. Compared to last year when we only looked at 89 teams, there is 1 less half white team this year, but 4 more majority white teams on the list. I will have to wait until next year to see if there are any big changes, but I think it is safe to say college teams overall are still becoming less white. Now, I have a lot of school work to do. I will try to post on a few D1-AA and D2 schools later this month.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
great job Colonel! and good luck with the school work.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Bump

whiteCB

Master
The Midwest and West Coast getting the job done. Now if only we could straighten up those good ol southern programs.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Update for Boston College and Illinois.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Bump

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
have you got the bass turned up Colonel?
smiley20.gif

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Oh yeah, Jimmy! You know it!
smiley36.gif
I'm raisin de rufe up off in here, mane!

Well, technically the basement ceiling.
smiley4.gif

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
hahaha!!! ROTFLMAO or something...
smiley36.gif

Colonel_Reb said:
Oh yeah, Jimmy! You know it!
smiley36.gif
I'm raisin de rufe up off in here, mane!

Well, technically the basement ceiling.
smiley4.gif

Hahahaaha.."the colonel's got souuul...and he's supa-bad."
smiley36.gif