White WRs/TEs 2009

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
how the heck did Minnesota score 35 points with Weber only passing for 74 yards?!?! what the crap? heh.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
BYU WR McKay Jacobson is out for four to five weeks with a hamstring strain incurred in last week's warm-ups. TEs Andrew George and Dennis Pitta are doing great carrying the receiving load for BYU so far tonight with a combined 5 catches for 121 yards and a TD.

Congrats go to Villanova Superman WR Matt Szczur who was a large chunk of their offense today, running 5 times for a team high 66 yards, catching 8 passes for a team high 83 yards and a TD, and having 5 KR for a game high 134 yards!
smiley32.gif

foobar75

Master
Watching Jordan Shipley absolutely toy with and destroy the black CBs trying to guard him was quite a sight! And how about that punt return for a TD! Even the announcers had no choice but to use caste-free commentary, and simply admit how quick and athletic Shipley is. He was unstoppable tonight.

foobar75 said:
Watching Jordan Shipley absolutely toy with and destroy the black CBs trying to guard him was quite a sight! And how about that punt return for a TD! Even the announcers had no choice but to use caste-free commentary, and simply admit how quick and athletic Shipley is. He was unstoppable tonight.

I love when announcers are forced to use caste-free language, on the Stanford game there was lots of praise for Gerhart. They a graphic with the pictures of the Pac-10 rushing leaders the announcer says "I'll take all of them!" They were talking about his three options "He can enter pro baseball, can come back for one more football season, or enter the NFL, and everybody wants him." Numerous times they said they need to get Gerhart the ball in order to get the offense rolling. Very few athletes get this treatment. I heard announcers saying Blair White was good cause of route-running, etc. It's rare for this to happen, as even Jacob Hester didn't get credited with athleticism very much, rather his irrepressible determination and indefatigable effort on the field.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
i watched several highlights of the Texas game ... and not surprisingly, no mention was made of Shipley's punt return nor was it shown. that is the other method the Caste System media works. they ignore what they don't want known.

Gerhart is an impressive specimen, but even he is still considered a "fullback" who is just temporarily playing tailback by most folks.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
Vanderbilt freshman John Cole had a game-high 5 catches for 56 yards against Army.

Vanderbilt sophomore tight end had the second-most receiving yards in the game with 44 yards on 2 catches.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
damnit. my internet locked up, and i'm not doing the stats all over again. overall, it was a slow weekend for our guys. the biggest performances were:
Jordan Shipley had 11 catches for 147 yards and 1 touchdown. he also had a 74-yard punt return for another touchdown.

Kerry Meier had 16 catches for 142 yards and 2 touchdowns.

Buffalo's Brett Hamlin had 6 catches for 132 yards and 1 touchdown.

Washington St's Jonathan Forzani had a 99-yard touchdown catch on the weekend's single biggest play. Edited by: Jimmy Chitwood

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
some praise for our guys ...

Big 12 helmet stickers from ESPN:

Texas wide receiver/punt returner Jordan Shipley: The nation's most underrated playmaker produced 11 receptions for 147 yards and a 39-yard touchdown and also added a 74-yard punt return for another score leading Texas to a 38-14 victory over Colorado. Shipley now has double-figure receiving games in a school-record three-straight games. And he also produced a career-high 273 all-purpose yards against the Buffaloes, averaging 17.1 yards every time he touched the ball.

Kansas' aerial circus: Quarterback Todd Reesing and wide receivers Dezmon Briscoe and Kerry Meier all had outstanding games in the Jayhawks' wild 41-36 victory over Iowa State. Meier set a school single-game record with 16 receptions for 142 yards and two touchdowns. He also has the school's career reception with 151 catches. Reesing tied a school record with 37 completions en route to a career-high 442 yards and four touchdowns. And Briscoe produced 12 receptions for 142 yards and two touchdowns including a clutch, diving 46-yard touchdown pass in the fourth quarter that gave the Jayhawks the lead for good.

Austin, TX (Sports Network) - Jordan Shipley was a one-man show for No. 2 Texas, recording a 74-yard punt return for a touchdown while adding 11 catches for 147 yards and another score in a deceptively close 38-14 victory over Big 12 foe Colorado ...

Shipley accounted for 147 of Texas' 265 passing yards and the only receiving touchdown.
smiley32.gif

BUFFALO, NY (UB Media Release) - The University at Buffalo football team dominated in all phases of the game in a 40-3 Homecoming day victory over Gardner-Webb before 15,812 fans. Buffalo for 258 yards, with senior flanker Brett Hamlin recording six receptions for 132 yards and a touchdown ...

Maynard hit Hamlin for a 50-yard catch and run to set up the first score of the second quarter that was capped by a one-yard pass from Maynard to Rack, where Rack made an acrobatic catch over a Gardner-Webb defender in the back of the end zone.
After forcing a G-W punt on a three-and-out, the Bulls struck again. This time Thermilus had a 21-yard run and Maynard connected with Hamlin on a diving 39-yard strike down the center of the field to get the Bulls on the march. Maynard would eventually find Rack again â€" for the fifth time this year in the end zone â€" on a nine-yard toss across the middle.
The Bulls would tack on another second-quarter touchdown when Nduka dove over the pile from one yard out. Again, Hamlin had the key grab with a 28-yard toss from Maynard ...

PULLMAN â€" Quarterback Jeff Tuel and receiver Johnny Forzani ensured they will always stay in the Washington State record book.

The two teamed up on a 99-yard touchdown pass Saturday in the Cougars' 27-14 loss to Arizona State, the longest offensive play in Washington State history.

"Before we went out on that drive, actually we were talking about it," Tuel said. "He was telling me, 'I don't care what the route is, I can run by these guys. I can get a step on them.'

"I thought it was a good time to give him a shot for a ball and he made a great play on it."

Arizona State cornerback Josh Jordan had decent coverage on Forzani, a redshirt junior from Calgary, Alberta, who played last year for the scout team of the Stampeders. But Forzani was able to adjust quicker, taking the ball away as Jordan tried to get his hands on it.

"The ball was just perfect the way [Tuel] put it," Forzani said. "That was pretty much it. I just took off with it."

Jordan was off balance and, by the time he regained his footing, Forzani had a couple yards on him.

"We all know he can run," said Tuel, the true freshman making his second start. "It's just a matter of giving him the opportunity."

"I've got pretty good wheels," Forzani said. "I'd be surprised if anyone caught me."

No one did this time, and the duo replaced Steve Birnbaum and Nian Taylor's 97-yard pass play against Idaho from the record book.

"I didn't even think about [the record] until it came up afterward," Forzani said. "They were like, 'You set a record, you set a record.' I was mad we were still behind. I wanted to get back in the game."
i like Forzani's attitude!
smiley32.gif
smiley4.gif

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
JohnnyForzani.jpg

Johnny Forzani snags the poorly thrown ball before turning on the jets and scoring a 99-yard touchdown.
smiley3.gif
smiley32.gif

bretthamlin.jpg

the incredibly underrated Brett Hamlin

maxkomar.jpg

Idaho's Max Komar runs away from an afflete

ryanwhalen-1.jpg

Ryan Whalen, Stanford's big play receiver

dennispitta.jpg

Dennis Pitta, possibly the nation's best tight end

kevinjurovich-2.jpg

Kevin Jurovich: the best wideout you've never heard of

EricDecker-3.jpg

Eric Decker "deceptively" destroys yet another defensive back

blairwhite.jpg

Blair White"precisely" runs a go route forthe score

davidleonard.jpg

Wyoming's David Leonard hits the gas

lukeashworth-1.jpg

Luke Ashworth shows some "surprising athleticism" for BYU

ryanwolfe-2.jpg

UNLV's Ryan Wolfe out-athletes an afflete

gregsalas.jpg

Greg Salas is seemingly always open for Hawaii

kerrymeier.jpg

the inimitable Kerry Meier

JordanShipley-3.jpg

Jordan Shipley ... enough said

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Update for National leaders in the "Year of the White Receiver":

Eric Decker - 46 for 689 & 5 TDs (3rd)
Greg Salas - 32 for 680 & 4 TDs (4th)
Jordan Shipley - 47 for 583 & 3 TDs (14th)
Ryan Wolfe - 44 for 489 & 1 TD (25th)
Max Komar - 30 for 481 & 2 TDs (26th)
Kerry Meier - 43 for 477 & 5 TDs (27th)
Kevin Jurovich - 36 for 463 & 0 TDs (T30th)
Ryan Whalen - 27 for 463 & 2 TDs (T30th)
Blair White - 33 for 449 & 4 TDs (33rd)
Brett Hamlin - 35 for 444 & 1 TD (36th)
Dennis Pitta - 28 for 399 & 4 TDs (46th)
David Leonard - 42 for 397 & 1 TD (47th)

Conner Vernon, Derek Moye, Zeke Markshausen, Eric Greenwood and Austin Kelly are all withing 50 yards of the top 50.

*2 new entries into the top 50 this week, Meier and Hamlin*

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
Here are Texas Tech's two white WR's stats.

Austin Zouzalik, 3 rec. for 44 yards.

Alex Torres, 2 rec. for 34 yards and 2 TDs.
smiley32.gif

Danny Coale, WR, Virginia Tech, 2 rec. for 27 yards and 1 TD.

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
Freethinker,

I had NO IDEA that Conner Vernon was tearing it up for Duke as a true frosh! Thanks for the info!

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/players/playerpage/1682065

I really hope we don't hear about some "Afro" ancestry... I did see his TD catch several hours ago during the recast of the Duke/NC State game. The cornroles are GONE!! Some posters will know what I'm talking about.

backrow

Hall of Famer
Shipley is number 1 in Rivals WR top 25 power rankings. Decker is at number 5. Meier is at 15.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Deadlift said:
Freethinker,

I had NO IDEA that Conner Vernon was tearing it up for Duke as a true frosh! Thanks for the info!

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/players/playerpage/1682065

I really hope we don't hear about some "Afro" ancestry... I did see his TD catch several hours ago during the recast of the Duke/NC State game. The cornroles are GONE!! Some posters will know what I'm talking about.

Yea Deadlift, I know what you mean with his wiggerish appearance. Hopefully, attending a prestigious university like Duke will re-connect him with his white roots. Now, his combo of size, talent and freshman production should give everyone on this board something to smile about. Conner Vernon is listed at 4.41 40 time on scout. Hopefully he will have a talented white QB throwing him the ball.

Backrow: That is great when CaucasianRivals ranks 2 whites in the top 5. It is ridiculous that the drunk masses still think whites can't dominate at WR. I don't think there is a negro CB in the whole D1 who could shutdown Shipley or Decker.Edited by: Freethinker

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Because there are so many great white receivers all coming out in one year, I have a feeling a higher percentage of our guys are going to get screwed. There are so many draft eligible white WRs in the top 100 in receiving (like Jurovich)- that we are actually competitive with blacks this year. However, the NFL can't double the amount of white WRs in the league from 16 to 32, all in one year. No, a one white WR per team average is racist against blacks as we all know (sarcasm alert).

I don't know why so many more white upperclassmen WRs have gotten to start than usual, but they have certainly responded with brilliant play. Hopefully this will be the start of a trend!

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
It almost seems like the slight increase in white receivers is a reaction to the drive to blacken the offensive line. If the o-line goes overwhelmingly black, teams will be pretty much entirely black except at quarterback. I don't think even the NFL wants to be all black other than a few determined franchises, thus the emergence of more white tight ends (almost all of them very good by the way), and a few more white receivers -- as long as they're "possession" types who lack "big play ability."

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Don if I remember correctly offensive lines were considerably more white about 10-15 years ago. I didn't watch much football then but I can remember quite a few all white o-lines, much less than today.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
If one has to blacken & two can whiten, I'll take WR & TE whitening any day over o-line if I have to pick. Fans also notice good play out of WRs & TEs more. When white guys REALLY succeed in the NFL, like Welker has, they are going to get some credit and this can only help prove our arguments right. Curtis would have even received some credit in caste hound Phili if he put together a second 1,100 yard healthy season last year...But injuries struck, giving an easy way to demote whitey.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Current NFLdraftscout.com white WRs in the top 50 for 2010:

#3 Eric Decker 4.54
#6 Jordan Shipley 4.47 (J. Williams & Jacoby Ford ahead of him..please!)
#8 Chris McGaha 4.52
#11 Blair White 4.54
#13 Riley Cooper 4.49 (Pretty sure he's even faster than that)
#30 Pat Simonds 4.58
#31 Kerry Meier 4.65 (Think he ran a 4.60 in H.S, ranked way too low)
End of projected drafted WRs...
#39 Ryan Wolfe 4.65 (Prob a bit faster than this, ranked way too low)
#50 Marc Mariani 4.50 (Known to be a blazer, could run faster)

In the next 20...
#63 Johnny Spevak 4.62
#64 Tim Toone 4.49
#65 Kevin Jurovich 4.54 (Ranked ridiculously low!)

Is it a coincidence that there are 3 whites ranked in a row, the only whites between 51 & 70? Me thinks not.

50 rookie WRs or so should make a roster or practice squad, I think, at some point during next football season and at least get a chance. I count 9 out of 50 white, which is 18%. If this keeps up we'll have about one white WR per NFL team- a solid improvement!

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
whiteathlete33 said:
Don if I remember correctly offensive lines were considerably more white about 10-15 years ago. I didn't watch much football then but I can remember quite a few all white o-lines, much less than today.

For years quarterback and the offensive line were the two areas pretty much immune from the effects of the Caste System after it began in earnest in the early '80s. Even as all-black and almost all-black defenses became the norm, o-lines were still pretty white.

In Bill Cowher's first season in '92 after taking over from Chuck Noll, the Steelers fielded an all-black o-line. That's the first one I remember seeing. Cowher also dispensed Merrill Hoge from being the team's semi-featured runner to pure blocking fullback. No team has had a featured or semi-featured white runner since, unless one wants to categorize Mike Alstott as semi-featured. Unfortunately, the fiery, wiggerish Cowher had a lot of success right off the bat, and at the same time the Super Bowl winning Cowboys under Jimmy Jones were featuring a line with Mark Stepnoski at center surrounded by four sumos. Ever since the o-line has been drifting toward being more black, but it's really only the last few years where it's become an onslaught, with far more black guards and tackles being drafted in the first two rounds than white ones.