White Powerhouse Teams

bigwhitehorse

Got a few more examples of small predominately white schools beating the bigger "dawgs".

D 2 University of North Dakota beats 1aa Northern Iowa. UNI lost to Iowa state by just one point this year.

1AA NDSU, one of the whitest teams in all of college football beats d1A Ball state. Next on there list is the Minnesota Golden Gophers. Being from Minnesota, i know their recruiting style is to go out of state for black afletes and take all the good instate white linemen. NDSU takes the second rate linemen but the best white skill players in the area. I was a victim of this scenario in my playing days and went to South Dakota State as a tailback. This after being gophers "running back mvp" at their recruiting camp.

Another example that was brought up earlier. DIII UWL beats 1aa South Dakota state. SDSU has beaten ranked 1aa teams since that embarassing loss. Does that mean Dlll UWL could beat some big D1 schools??? I know they would!

In the season opener Montana State shocked Colorado. Funny thing is, Montana State has been getting owned by smaller D1AA schools since then. Was it a fluke that a white small school beat a black D1 power?The more digging i do the more it seems it wasnt.

Hopefully NDSU beats the Gophers and that may sway some of the top tier linemen to go to the Bison the next few years. Can you imagine a team with the best white skill positions and linemen?? It would be scary... We'll see how it plays out.

bigwhitehorse

They just moved to D1aa not too long ago. I believe they are still playing with much of their D2 roster, which makes it even better
smiley32.gif
So I dont see them moving up anytime soon.

voice

Guru
bigwhitehorse said:
They just moved to D1aa not too long ago. I believe they are still playing with much of their D2 roster, which makes it even better
smiley32.gif
 So I dont see them moving up anytime soon.

Nice Catch on this one. A couple of minor observations to make.

I was looking at the boxscore and it is quite interesting that UWL beat them despite not having a very good kicking game. Punt avg 26 yards per punt! I think you will agree that this is significant if you take into account they have to punt 7 times. SDSU avg 36 yards per punt. That is a significant 70 yards of field position.

Obviously , DIII won't be able to recruit these white kicking positions as easily.

Another thought, DI and DI-AA have much larger training budgets, spring football etc so for a DIII team to beat a DI-AA it is quite amazing.

What would happen if the D1 schools weren't allowed White QB's? I won't even mention the fact of white organisation/Coaching.

I think we know the answer, if it were a level playing field with training/coaching/numbers/budget the white teams would outperform the black counterparts.