White Linebackers - 2009 and beyond

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
Seeing that Cushing's Texans and Laurinaitis' Rams are facing off this week, has spurred me to start this thread.

Here's the updated season stats:

Barrett Ruud -- 113 tackles

Brian Cushing -- 112 tackles

James Laurinaitis -- 104 tackles

Keith Brooking -- 92 tackles

Paul Posluszny -- 83 tackles

Chad Greenway -- 76 tackles

When it comes to athletes having a shot at 100 tackles, I don't think I'm missing anyone.. Of course, we all know that their should be more White athletes on this list.

referendum

Mentor
Deadlift, a great list to see. Whats encouraging to me about the linebacker position is that there is more of what you might call a "white player middle class" at the position, unlike defensive lineman, where there are just a few really good white linemen, and then hardly any others. By contrast at linebacker you have more starters like Leber and Vobora and Trusnik, and lots of backups like Dizon, and Follett, and Mccoy, and Wilhelm and Mccollop etc etc. Obviously it would be great if more players like Wilhelm and Follett and Studebaker etc. would be starters but NFL teams seem more open to keeping white linebackers around than at other defensive positions.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I think Bobby Carpenter's contract is up at the end of the season. He's playing well after finally getting some significant playing time, but I doubt the Cowboys will ever let him start. He would be smart to start over somewhere else.

Dan Conner is completely buried in Carolina. I would be shocked if this guy isn't yet another White tackling machine if given an opportunity to start somewhere.

Scott McKillop is another tackling machine in waiting, someone I hoped would get to play a lot as a rookie, but his playing time has been insignificant other than as a Special Teams Demon. He's currently stuck behind the aging and injury prone Takeo Spikes, who is another of those "revered" black players who seem to hang around forever whenever a young White player might take his spot. Being drafted in the fifth round might dictate thatMcKillop suffer through a prolonged racial apprenticeship. Edited by: Don Wassall

Paleocon

Guru
I know this thread is mainly about linebackers reaching 100 tackles, but don't forget Clay Matthews Jr. being used as a outside pass rush linebacker which is something very rare for a white linebacker. In fact, I don't know of any others in the league.

Borussia

Guru
referendum said:
Deadlift, a great list to see. Whats encouraging to me about the linebacker position is that there is more of what you might call a "white player middle class" at the position, unlike defensive lineman, where there are just a few really good white linemen, and then hardly any others. By contrast at linebacker you have more starters like Leber and Vobora and Trusnik, and lots of backups like Dizon, and Follett, and Mccoy, and Wilhelm and Mccollop etc etc. Obviously it would be great if more players like Wilhelm and Follett and Studebaker etc. would be starters but NFL teams seem more open to keeping white linebackers around than at other defensive positions.

Yes, a valid point. MLB is becoming a kind of 'middle class' for the victims of the pro-black NFL Caste system. I even support the Islanders getting some playing time in this regard. There are so many god awful black affletes all over the place, even the mainstream jock sniffers are starting to notice the poor play.

One positive note in '09 are the capable productive White LB stars. Really impressed with Clay Matthews Jr. Do you think he has a fair shot to win NFC defensive rookie of the year?
We need these young white stars to continue to get playing time. Many veteran White LBs have recently retired or are on their last legs. Guys like Thomas, Vrabel, Hillenmeyer, Bruschi..even Urlacher is no longer a young buck anymore.
And don't tell me Lovie Smith does not have it in for Urlacher. I hope the cheap McKaskeys dump Smith. Cutler will rot in Chicago with this dope as Coach.

We can shore up the different positions in a class/caste way during these dark days of the pro-black NFL:

K/P: 100% White. Not even many latinos recently like there were in the 90s. You could say a kind of 'clergy' class.

QB: Wealthy, Upper Class Elite. Although there are increasing country club crashers from the likes of the sanitation staff.

OL: Upper Middle Class. Yes, lots of fat a$$ black sumos have made (mostly unearned) inroads into this realm. Still a healthy portion of White players are on the OL.

TE/MLB: Middle class. Reason to be optimistic for these positions. Many young, talented and hungry players coming through recently. White guys have shined when given the chance. As long as they get a chance, many will clearly out play the black affletes.

WR/OLB: Working class. A few true stars and even they get mostly listed with the typical caste terminology. Far too many White WRs are NOT given a fair shot and undeserving nonwhites (sound familiar?) take their positions. OLB? A couple of white guys given a shot and done fantastic with it.

DL/DB: Poor, struggling folk. With the exception of MVP candidate Jared Allen, a mostly lost starving bunch. Struggling to even make ends meat with constant barriers by Caste minded coaches and jock sniffing journalists.

RB: Poverty level. Completely Castified. A cruel sick joke to amazing talents such as Hillis, Woodhead, Hester, B. Leonard.
Now, let us see what they try with the best RB in all of college football in Gerhart.

If the Caste NFL does not provide him with a true legitimate opportunity to start, all of CF site MUST bombard the NFL on all this BS and we point out exactly what we know is going on.
And we promise to spread the word and make a documentary and interview guys like Matt Jones, Hass, Standeford, and all the others who have been white listed.

backrow

Hall of Famer
Paleocon said:
I know this thread is mainly about linebackers reaching 100 tackles, but don't forget Clay Matthews Jr. being used as a outside pass rush linebacker which is something very rare for a white linebacker.  In fact, I don't know of any others in the league. 

Jarret (yes, it's a way he spells it
smiley17.gif
) Johnson for Ravens, Matt Roth for Browns, Bobby Carpenter in a spot duty for Cowboys, and then obviously Packers have 2 more in Poppinga and Kampman (moved there from DE when they went to 3-4 D.

Paleocon

Guru
Yeah, I forgot about Kampman, Johnson, and Roth because they started out as DEs (and they could end up being moved back to DE if their teams acquired a Demarcus Ware type to drool over). I haven't watched many Dallas games, but in the one or two I have seen Carpenter seemed to be playing more coverage than rushing the passer. He seemed more like another ILB than an edge rusher. Also isn't Justin Smith being used at OLB occasionally?

I guess what I noticed about Clay Matthews Jr. is that he is being used as an edge rusher without having been a DE previously and also as a rookie (no sitting on him for a few years before giving him a shot). At any rate it seems that guys like Patrick Kerney, Aaron Kampman, and Jared Allen have opened the door for more white pass rushers to get a chance.
Edited by: Paleocon

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Do you guys think that Cushing and Matthews will be considered among the best linebackers or will the lovefest for Beason and Ware continue?

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
I think Cushing will win defensive ROY. Clay may have more sacks but I think Cushing's overall stats(tackles, ints, and sacks) edge Clay's.

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
I might as well add AJ Hawk to this list. He won't get 100 tackles, but he has 83 right now. POZ has 99 tackles, so he's almost certainly going to reach over 100.

Several days ago I compared Keith Brooking's career with those of Takeo Spikes' and London Fletcher.. I think I discovered a pattern of deceit.. Brooking, of course, OWNS Spikes when it comes to being a tackling machine, but Keith somehow has 40 less assisted tackles than Spikes.

If Brooking has one more, or even better, 2 more healthy seasons, Spikes' would be unlikely to touch Brooking's solo tackle numbers. I may have heard Spikes referred to as a "Hall of Famer" before. If that's the case, then Brooking would have to be a Hall of Famer too.. Oh, but the awful White skin. For the record, I DON'T consider Spikes a Hall of Famer at this moment.

Onto London Fletcher, yes he has been one of the most productive blacks in the NFL year-in and year-out, but there isn't a huge difference (less than 100 at the time that I did the research) in solo tackles between Brooking and him. I would say that blacks are purposefully credited with significantly more assisted tackles than Whites.

I don't care if you play MLB or OLB, I don't see how you could get so many solo tackles but have your assisted tackle numbers be quite limited. It's not only Keith Brooking. Laurinaitis is credited with 102 solo tackles but only 13 assisted tackles! That seems fishy! If Whites are getting screwed when it comes to assisted tackles, this charade needs to be exposed!!

Yes, a player's career stats might look appealing with a 75% or more ratio of solo tackles to assisted tackles, but the PTB are going to use TOTAL tackle numbers to say - "Blacks are superior"...

Kaptain

Master
To get assisted tackles youz gotz to jump on da pile and pop-up pointen to yo number and pounden yo chest. Den cap it off be doin a little jig. Datz da secret.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Kaptain Poop said:
To get assisted tackles youz gotz to jump on da pile and pop-up pointen to yo number and pounden yo chest. Den cap it off be doin a little jig. Datz da secret.
smiley36.gif
Fo Shizzle, homey!

Deadlift

Hall of Famer

dwid

Hall of Famer
Scott Shanle is listed by Saints organization as having 106 tackles 2 interceptions (not sure how many pds) this year but espn and nfl.com only list 69 tackles. Last year the organization credited him with 145 tackles (79 solo) but is only credited on nfl.com with 87. I wonder whose stats are more accurate, the organization that looks at the film more than anyone else or espn/nfl.com?Edited by: dwid

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Cushing had a monster rookie season. He is going to make tons of Pro-Bowls. He is even better than A.J Hawk who was considered the safest pick in the draft several years ago. Hawk is solid but Cushing is spectacular.

hellhammer

as much as hate to say it A.J Hawk has kind of disjointed me....I figured he would be an absolute beast after following him in college...and to some degree he is...but i don't know sometimes while watching him play i just don't see the crazy eyes i once did... On the flip side Clay Mathews has seemingly stole the show at linebacker in Green Bay.. talk about a pleasant rookie surprise....

hellhammer

Bad part about Mathews is he now pushed out consistent and highly underrated Poppinga who could easily be the middle linebacker for the pack

G

Poppinga platoons in Kampman's place at OLB where he is solid against the run, but his pass rush is fairly weak for some reason. I used to think he would be a natural pass rusher but now I think he is a run stuffer suited for the middle on running downs. Matthews started out as an edge speed rusher whoopin on the sumos, but in the Card's game he looked to be unveiling some other moves that will give him more options. Hawk IMO has picked up his game, his tackles look more and more like hit, lift and stick to the ground instead of chasing a runner down from behind, which makes him a solid LB. Kampman I think needs to go to a 4-3 D, I'm still betting he doesn't feel comfortable moving laterally.

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
Thanks WA33...good news indeed. Ruud is a stud as well, I had him on my CF (Lambert) Fantasy Football team.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
DixieDestroyer said:
Thanks WA33...good news indeed. Ruud is a stud as well, I had him on my CF (Lambert) Fantasy Football team.

Yep and so are Clay Matthews, James Laurinaitis, and Posluszny.