White cbs to safety

mattharper

Guru
Is it me since we all have the proof that there are hundreds if not thousands of qualified white high school football players , that many get overlooked but the ones that get a chance tend to be better at fundamentals like tackling as so many blacks do not do well. Maybe whites play safety more than blacks not because they arent athletic enough to play corner but safety needs someone " intelligent" and solid at tackling as where more blacks are not that smart and always try to do the giant shoulder hit where the receiver bounces off it half the time.
Maybe white running backs are considered north-south runners more than blacks not because they dont have the athleticism to juke or dance but are more team like players that want to get the most yards possible on a run then dance around and try to fake somebody out for pleasure of you own ego.
In one of my favorite sports movies " White Men Cant Jump " its repeated that blacks would rather look pretty and lose as where whites will look ugly if it helps them win. Im wondering how much of this psychology plays a role in how races play the game let alone the institutionalized white on white racism against skilled position players whites have to deal with.

snow

Mentor
Most of our runners are north/south guys, because I think these types are more likely to get a chance at rb. I have seen plenty of white receivers with great agility, ability to juke and dance that could play runningback and excel, but are stuck at receiver, usually in the slot. Not all of the have elite straight line speed for their size, but neither did Brian Westbrook and it didn't stop him from having a great career. Mike Campanaro from Wake Forest is the most recent example of this, was a great rb in high school and does have elite straight line speed.

Most of our guys that are north/south runners don't get enough credit for ability to make people miss. What I see with many black backs is wasted movement which I guess makes people think they are more "flashy".
Edited by: snow

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Yep, flashiness is just another meaningless caste system adjective that is used to build up non-whites and tear down Whites.