(White)Angels in the outfield

With the signing of Josh Hamilton, the Angels (barring any trades) will feature an outfield made up of Hamilton, Mike Trumbo, and centerfielder Mike Trout. Has there been a more athletic, star-studded outfield in recent MLB history? This is very exciting and consider the attention they will get if they can win a World Series!

Last edited:

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
The Angel's rotation should be all white, however, with Jered Weaver, CJ Wilson, Tommy Hanson, Garrett Richards, and Joe Blanton making up the top 5 in the Angels' rotation. The only other white starter for the Angels right now is catcher Chris Iannetta. The only other white infielder on the Angel's roster is utility man Andrew Romine.

With Hamilton, Trumbo, and Trout, the Angels should be really fun to watch this next year! :) Toby Hillis, I can't remember an outfield with this much star power over the last few seasons.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
It's a fantastic outfield for sure.

The Angels won the World Series in 2002 with a nearly all-White team, then Arte Moreno bought the team the next year and quickly made it one of the least White MLB organizations. He's always had lots of money to throw at free agents and looks like he's decided being fair results in a better on the field product than pandering to SoCal's large Mexican population by fielding a mostly hispanic team.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Peter Bourjous, the white CF speedster has gotten a raw deal. Forced onto the bench most of last year.

How white is the rest of their roster? I've never heard of any of their infielders except Fat Albert of course.

Knightedsolider,

I am hoping they move Bourjos in the offseason. He is a really talented player - very fast and can cover alot of ground in the outfield. I want him to start somewhere instead of wasting his career on the bench.