Week 13

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Packers @ Lions. See if the Packers continue to slide ,lost last 4 of 5. Or if Lions can stay hot. They've won their last 3.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
GB win puts Jim Caldwell back on hot seat !!

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
GB =

icsept

Master
Packers still going with Jones and Adams at WR after their epic fail last week. Predictably, the Pack is down 17-0 at the half.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Rodgers went deep to Abberderis early, he was open, but over threw him. That was it, I guess he only gets one shot. Even the announcers mentioned they thought the Packers were going to go with different people at receiver, which could only mean Janis and Abberderis. Instead they throw it to sure hands Devonte Adams.

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
At least LB Jake Ryan started tonight. Janis and Abbrederis were supposed to get more reps with the struggles of Jones/Adams, but it hasn't happened.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I was watching Abbrederis and he was getting open with ease. But of course he and Janis were sent back to the bench early on. McCarthy doesn't want to get too daring with their racial apprenticeships.

What does Eddie Lacy weigh now, 260? Watching him I had flashbacks to Lendale White.

Good to see Jake Ryan reappear to replace (again) the awful Nate Palmer, though he's been pulled on third downs.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Ryan with 10 tackles, 6 of them solo, and a fumble recovery, and isn't even on the field on third downs. Is his racial apprenticeship over for good after this game?

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
What a comeback and then to win it on the long Hail Mary that traveled 70 yards! As much as I'm disappointed in the Packers' use of personnel, the Lions only started two palefaces in this game which ended their faint playoff hopes.

referendum

Mentor
The announcers had some really nice praise of Ryan, saying he really stood out, or something to that effect. Even with Janis and Abedaris not being used there is a world of difference between the two teams.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
It's a shame the packers are refusing to utilize Janis. Glad Jake Ryan started though. The Packers offense is still a mess - they got very lucky winning on a Hail Mary.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Hail Mary! Packers very lucky to squeak that win out. What a beautiful throw by Rodgers!! Good catch by Richard Rogers has game of is life. As for Ryan we've been murmuring the whole season that he needs playing time. He rewarded Packers with solid play and prodduction.

I am worried about GBs offensive line. Pretty banged up. They should bring up G Matt Rotheram. Mammoth of a man. 6'6 325 former Pitt Panther.

PHillisFan

Master
Its great to see Jake Ryan get a start. He has outplayed everyone except for Clay. Hopefully he has continued success.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
I am worried about GBs offensive line. Pretty banged up. They should bring up G Matt Rotheram. Mammoth of a man. 6'6 325 former Pitt Panther.
I'm sure that he has short arms and boring feet.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
I'm sure that he has short arms and boring feet.

Haha right. If only his arms were 2inches longer!! Ridiculous he went undrafted,steal for Green Bay.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
NT Beau Allen will start today for Philly against New England. 1st career start!

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
I'm hoping for a big day for Watt and the Texans defense today, knocking Taylor, Rastafarian Rex, and the extra-black Bills from playoff contention. Watt's been on a hot streak of late and it'd be cool to see a multi-sack game, a strip sack, or even a TD from the game's best defender.

Offensively, Texans TE, Ryan Griffin, had a breakout performance last week. Will he add to the already-lengthily list of quality white TE's dominating the league?

I'm also hoping for a big game from Decker against a terrible Giants secondary. Despite missing time, he has 700 yards and 8 TDs.

Amendola returns today and Chandler assumes the starting role in the absence of the all-world Gronkowski.

I also think that Falcons TE, Jacob Tamme, is poised for a big day. Hankerson was put on IR and Tamme had a great game against the Bucs in their last meeting.

The Broncos aren't great against pass-catching RB's, so perhaps Woodhead will return to form today?

Last edited:

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
I'm hoping for a big day for Watt and the Texans defense today, knocking Taylor, Rastafarian Rex, and the extra-black Bills from playoff contention. Watt's been on a hot streak of late and it'd be cool to see a multi-sack game, a strip sack, or even a TD from the game's best defender.

Offensively, Texans TE, Ryan Griffin, had a breakout performance last week. Will he add to the already-lengthily list of quality white TE's dominating the league?

I'm also hoping for a big game from Decker against a terrible Giants secondary. Despite missing time, he has 700 yards and 8 TDs.

Amendola returns today and Chandler assumes the starting role in the absence of the all-world Gronkowski.

I also think that Falcons TE, Jacob Tamme, is poised for a big day. Hankerson was put on IR and Tamme had a great game against the Bucs in their last meeting.

The Broncos aren't great against pass-catching RB's, so perhaps Woodhead will return to form today?

I hope Watt has a huge day as well. Houston's resurgence over the second half of the season has made the league much more interesting. I hope Hoyer torches Fat Rex's affletic defense as well.

In the Christian McAffrey for Heisman thread there was some mention of Reggie Bush who came out in the 2006 draft. Another 2006 draft class member - Mario Williams who at the time was billed as a "freak athlete" and the future of the DE position is complaining about the Bills defensive scheme.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ams-says-buffalo-defense-still-hasnt-changed/

Now I won't say Williams has not had a good career but he is playing in a 4-3 defense in Buffalo, his time in Houston he was a pretty good player but never as dominant as JJ Watt is playing as a 3-4 end. Williams came into the league alot more celebrated however once again Watt is the better and more dominant player. I hope the Texans demolish the Bills.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Tyler Eiffert is inactive today with a neck stinger. Maybe rookie Tyler Kroft will get to play and be the next White TE to show his potential.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
CF folk hero Nick Foles is starting for the Rams today

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Vikings FS Harrison Smith (knee) is expected to play in Week 13.
Advice: Smith is listed as questionable, but the team expects him to face Seattle. Smith is Pro Football Focus' No. 1-rated overall safety on the season.
Smith's return will be a huge boost for the Vikings against Plantation Pete's orc squad. Even with the underwhelming Bridgewater, the Vikings are a much more palatable team than Seattle. A loss today for Wigger Pete would do some serious damage to their playoff chances. :pray: