Week 13 2006

G

devans said:
What is it with Green Bay? I don't live in the U.S. so I don't know about the demographics of the area. But you have a team that completes 24 passes and I've just checked and not one was to a white player. Even the most white unfiendly NFL teams usually manage to send at least one pass to a white fullback or backup tight end, but not in Green Bay.

I think it's because they do not have any white fullbacks or backup tight ends, or receivers. Marc Boerigter was there, but he ended up getting cut by them, so they lack white people to throw to.

G

White Shogun said:
I haven't watched a lot of Charger's games; what kind of guy is LaDainian Thomlinson? Does he showboat in the endzone? Is he gangsta? It would be great if he is a decent guy, because he is one hell of a player, that's for sure.

He's a good guy. He's married to his high school sweetheart, they built a house together, he doesn't talk a whole lot, he barely does anything in the endzone. Normally it's just this one little thing he does with the ball when he gets there, but really, he doesn't dance or anything.

Overall, he's a decent guy.

White Shogun said:
I hope no one is under the mistaken impression that anyone other than Drew Brees is responsible for saving the Saints from another dismal season.

You're right, it's mostly Drew. he might deserve some MVP consideration this year. But in anycase, the saints also got pretty lucky in finding Colston in the 7th round. Bush hasn't done all that much.

devans said:
What is it with Green Bay? I don't live in the U.S. so I don't know about the demographics of the area. But you have a team that completes 24 passes and I've just checked and not one was to a white player. Even the most white unfiendly NFL teams usually manage to send at least one pass to a white fullback or backup tight end, but not in Green Bay.

Green Bay is almost 90% white. The sad thing is, they are more white than they were last year.

backrow

Hall of Famer
Heath Miller got some solid praise after his TD catch: "What an incredible athlete Miller is. The speed that he can stretch defense with is amazing".

devans

Mentor
Sark6354201 said:
devans said:

Green Bay is almost 90% white. The sad thing is, they are more white than they were last year.

OK I've checked their Web site. They have a lot of White linemen. But the rest of the offence...

6 Wide Receivers
4 Tight ends
4 Running backs
2 Fullbacks

16 guys who potentially could catch a pass and one is white - the 4th string tight end (who's probably in as long snapper or holder)
It's abysmal.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
FutureGohan, you mentioned the Saints were lucky to pickup Colston in the 7th round. What do you make of their 'luck' in picking up Mike Haas in the 6th, and then not even signing him - college football's best wide receiver in '05?

EDIT: I would also like to know if there any black players in the NFL that you don't like, for attitude, performance, or any other reason. And are there any black players you think should be benched for their perfomance? Edited by: White Shogun

emt1

Guru
Nice catch by witten
smiley32.gif

^^ Yes. I changed the channel from the Sunday night game, when I returned a comment was made by Michaels that there was 3 straight drops by Seattle recievers and that Hasselbeck was 1 and 4 in completions as a result.

emt1

Guru
yeah it's really pathetic, with these super "affaletes" dropping passes left and right, they should bring back the stick-um!

Bart

Hall of Famer
Colonel_Reb said:
Mike Furrey is leading the NFL in receiving this week so far. He's on the ESPN leader board with 9 for 123 and a TD so far! Keep it up Mike!

Furrey has 773 yrds in 12 games. He needs 227 more to reach 1,000. He 's averaged 64.5 per game and needs to average 57 per game for the remainder of the year. If he gets a fair share of chances, he should hit the mark. Quite an amazing story if you think about it.

emt1 said:
yeah it's really pathetic, with these super "affaletes"
dropping passes left and right, they should bring back the stick-um! [/
QUOTE]
Hi everyone, newbie here, just watched that superior afalete Rod Smith get a
ball knocked out after textbook pass from Cutler, resulting in another
Denver turnover. Poor Jay.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Unitas we stand said:
emt1 said:
yeah it's really pathetic, with these super "affaletes"
dropping passes left and right, they should bring back the stick-um!
Hi everyone, newbie here, just watched that superior afalete Rod Smith get a
ball knocked out after textbook pass from Cutler, resulting in another
Denver turnover. Poor Jay.

Weeel... Cutler has made a couple of bonehead mistakes himself. I thought Smith took a fairly decent hit that caused the fumble, not a drop per se.

I wonder how great a quarterback Matt Hasselbeck could be if Seattle would ever actually sign a receiver or two that can catch. They released the only guy on their team who could catch the ball - Joe Jurevicius.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Unitas we stand, welcome to Caste Football! I really like your avatar. Unitas is one of my all-time favorites.

Warnipple

Futuregohan30 said:
White Shogun said:
I haven't watched a lot of Charger's games; what kind of guy is LaDainian Thomlinson? Does he showboat in the endzone? Is he gangsta? It would be great if he is a decent guy, because he is one hell of a player, that's for sure.

He's a good guy. He's married to his high school sweetheart, they built a house together, he doesn't talk a whole lot, he barely does anything in the endzone. Normally it's just this one little thing he does with the ball when he gets there, but really, he doesn't dance or anything.

Overall, he's a decent guy.

White Shogun said:
I hope no one is under the mistaken impression that anyone other than Drew Brees is responsible for saving the Saints from another dismal season.

You're right, it's mostly Drew. he might deserve some MVP consideration this year. But in anycase, the saints also got pretty lucky in finding Colston in the 7th round. Bush hasn't done all that much.

I recall Tomlinson spoke very highly of Brees when it was clear idiot Schotenheimer was determinined to run him out of town. I'm very happy to see Brees having such a huge year, esp. in light of the fact that he was generally regarded as the #2 free agent behind Culpepper. Even though I'm a huge Marino fan, I wouldn't mind seeing Brees break the yardage record this year (I believe he's a good deal off the pace after throwing for less than 200 yards today).

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I hate to see Eli lose another one. That defense just stinks.
smiley7.gif

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Gee... think Shanahan is regretting his decision yet? Cutler is 10 of 21 for 143 yards, 2 TD, 2 INT, 4 rushes for 10 yards.

It's still hard to fathom the number of quarterback changes made this year, especially in teams that weren't playing that poorly in the first place - Washington, Denver, and Dallas come immediately to mind. So far, I'd say Dallas is the only team that has upgraded the position.

I saw the Bears post-game press conference. Lovie Smith said the Bears are 10-2 with Grossman, and they're sticking with him. Maybe watching all these other teams change quarterbacks mid-stream with has tempered his enthusiasm to make the switch from Grossman to Griese?

EDIT: Updated Cutler's stats. Wasn't so bad after all, although half of that 143 came on one play in the 4th, in yards after the catch by the Denver receiver.

Edited by: White Shogun

Bart

Hall of Famer
I thought it was odd that after Martin Gramatica kicked the winning field goal, some of the players wrapped him up as he was beginning to do his little celebratory jump. So what's so bad about him putting ona little display? I can think of scores of more obnoxious players who are never reigned in.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Bart said:
I thought it was odd that after Martin Gramatica kicked the winning field goal, some of the players wrapped him up as he was beginning to do his little celebratory jump. So what's so bad about him putting on a little display? I can think of scores of more obnoxious players who are never reigned in.

Bart,
If I remember correctly, I think Gramatica injured himself in an over-zealous post-kick celebration during his tenure with Tampa Bay. So considering the kicking woes the Dallas Cowboys have had the past couple of years, they might be excused for tempering Gramatica's celebration just a little, this time around.
smiley36.gif
Edited by: White Shogun

PitBull

Guru
Grossman definitlely needs to be replaced. The reason Lovie Smith is
sticking with him is because he is a 1st round pick and they are paying him
large. Griese is actually paid more, but Jerry Angelo's pick will play until its
proved beyond doubt he can't make it. If they pull him, it will happen before
the playoffs so Griese can get some snaps. They'll have to tune Griese up
anyway just in case, for the playoff run.

BTW, lovie said the same thing about Kyle Orton last year before they yanked
him for Grossman during the playoffs.

Bart

Hall of Famer
White Shogun said:
Bart, If I remember correctly, I think Gramatica injured himself in an over-zealous post-kick celebration during his tenure with Tampa Bay.

Oh, that's right. I had forgotten about the time he injured himself celebrating.Heck, he's only about 3'tall, so you wouldn't think he could do too muchdamage. But if a kicker pulls a muscle or limits his range of motion, he could be rendered almost useless. They must be under incredible stress. The entire game is often on their shoulders.

Edit: I just checked Wikipedia and read that it was Martin's brother Bill who injured himself during a celebration. Easy to confuse the two. Edited by: Bart

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Bart said:
I just checked Wikipedia and read that it was Martin's brother Bill who injured himself during a celebration. Easy to confuse the two.

Oh, ok. Maybe the Cowboys got the two confused, too.
smiley17.gif

smiley36.gif