Vince Young takes a punch at teammate.

C Darwin

Mentor
So, we have a quarterback punching his teammate in the helmet with his throwing hand. And I'm supposed to believe wonderlic scores don't mean anything.

Tom Iron

Mentor
Gentlemen,

The great Bobby Layne punched a linemen in the huddle during a regular season game.

I'm not comparing this jerk, Young to Bobby Layne though.

In 2-3 years they'll be wondering how young got picked so high and making all the excuses for him in the world.

Tom Iron...

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Rise, I believe you're right about Nickey. Check out what he had to say about the fracas:

"Someone comes at me, I'm not going to back down. I don't care if it's Vince, President Bush. That's just instincts that come out. But I respect him for it. I didn't want that to happen. I think it's over. We put it to bed," Nickey said.

However, he did have some advice for Young in the future if he does decide to start swinging again.

"At least not with your right hand, man. Jab with the left and wait for the cavalry," Nickey said.

WHITE NOISE

Mentor
"In 2-3 years they'll be wondering how young got picked so high and making all the excuses for him in the world."

I think your being much too generous Tom Iron. No, the proof will be in 2-3 minutes, 2-3 snaps, or 2-3 games, not in years!

Lance Alworth

Mentor
In fairness though, Young apologized to his white teammate and they made up. They were even seen hugging afterward. But even still, it was good to see a white player stand up for himself

gsm1988

Young reacting the way he did wasn't justified, but judging from the article, it sounds like he may have had a reason to be frustrated. I'm not justifying his behavior though. I'm just saying that it likely wasn't because of contempt for his teammate just because he is White. However, I wonder what the reaction would be if someone like Manning or Brady punched a Black teammate during a practice.

Edited by: gsm1988

C Darwin said:
So, we have a quarterback punching his teammate in the helmet with his throwing hand. And I'm supposed to believe wonderlic scores don't mean anything.

Great comment! You had me rolling on the floor with laughter.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I hope there is footage of this incident. The bit about Nickey putting a "chokehold" on Roby sounds embellished. Maybe it isn't, but the role of whites in skirimishes is often exaggerated to makethem look as bad or worse than the black aggressor.

This could easily be a racial thing left over from fat and lazy LenDale White courageouslyspitting on Nickey last year. When a white athlete stands his ground, he gets tagged as being a "dirty" player.

Don Wassall said:
When a white athlete stands his ground, he gets tagged as being a "dirty" player. 

You're absolutely right. Case in point, look what happened to Bill Romanowski throughout his entire career. He played a rough game, which attracted a lot of negative negro attention. Black players antagonized and assaulted him to the point of Romo beating the crap out of them in retaliation (the Marcus Williams incident). But when Romo retaliated, he got sh*t for it from all angles. But Romo never backed down. He was the last of a dying breed and I'm saddened that he is no longer in the league.
smiley18.gif
Edited by: Ground Fighter

G

are you crazy romanowski was a huge jerk and such a dirty player!

whitegiants said:
are you crazy romanowski was a huge jerk and such a dirty player!

No, I'm not crazy. But if you feel that he is a "jerk" and a "dirty player", then what do you think made him that way? You try playing in the NFL as a minority (and by minority, I mean a White man), with blacks hurling insults and attacking you for your whole career, and we'll see how you turn out. I'd be a nasty f*ck too.Romo was great.Four superbowl rings and he always stood up for himself (and other White teammates). He's a hero in my mind. Enough said. Edited by: Ground Fighter

lumsdenpower

Mentor
Don Wassall said:
I hope there is footage of this incident.  The bit about Nickey putting a "chokehold" on Roby sounds embellished.  Maybe it isn't, but the role of whites in skirimishes is often exaggerated to make them look as bad or worse than the black aggressor. 

This could easily be a racial thing left over from fat and lazy LenDale White courageously spitting on Nickey last year. When a white athlete stands his ground, he gets tagged as being a "dirty" player. 
This is the video..

http://www.newschannel5.com/Global/story.asp?S=6877216&nav=m enu374_5Edited by: lumsdenpower

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
It's an aggressive tackle by a guy who's probably good enough to start and wants an opportunity to prove it. "Chokehold" sounds like something more intentional and of longer duration than the quick hit Nickey put on Robey.

It was nice to see Nickey not back down from Vince Young at all.

Hockaday

Guru
I think the tackle was a bit much for that that sort of drill. Still, Young's reaction was wrong. As a QB he's supposed to have a cool head and better impulse control than that.

Bart

Hall of Famer
It was a nice tackle. Choke hold? Typical caste system coverage. Vince Young was clearly the aggressor and stupidly out of line. And of course he took the first swing. Standard Negro operating procedure. Too bad he didn't break his hand.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Yep, the old double standard of behavior rears its ugly head again. I have been debating anti-white racism with a guy on myspace for 3 days and yet he and a few friends of his are still oblivious sheeple. The bottom line is, we believe what we want to believe. If they don't take the effort to investigate the way things are to see the truth of the Caste System, then they aren't really worth the effort, but you never know until you begin a discussion with someone.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Colonel_Reb said:
I have been debating anti-white racism with a guy on myspace for 3 days and yet he and a few friends of his are still oblivious sheeple.

Unfortunately that's the way most white sports fans are. Check out this rapid fire denunciation of Caste Football that I copied and pasted from a NY Giants board. A poster calls us "white supremacist" and another calls us "stupid," then all the white dittoheads mindlesslyagree like the well-trained clapping seals they are. "Yep, they're stupid." "Yeh, they're really really stupid." "They're white supremacist and stupid." What brilliant intellectual give and take.
smiley29.gif

<DT>Caste Football? I've looked at it for 20 mins and can't tell if it's a joke : NitroOctaneButane : 8/1/07 11:06 PM
<DD>Check this site out, and let me know what you think. I'm having a hard time not seeing it as racist, but I defer to BBI for a final verdict. It's interesting to say the least, but I'm not sure why.
Link (new window)

Follow up comments...

<DL>
<DT>_____________ : Ninja : 8/1/07 11:11 PM
<DD>Its garbage.

<DT>you can't take : Osi Osi Osi OyOyOy : 8/1/07 11:13 PM
<DD>sh1t like that seriously.

<DT>I don't, but clearly some due given : NitroOctaneButane : 8/1/07 11:16 PM
<DD>the volume of writing that site holds.

<DT>unfotunately : Osi Osi Osi OyOyOy : 8/1/07 11:22 PM
<DD>I don't think that's a joke. Some of those articles are pathetic.

<DT>and : Osi Osi Osi OyOyOy : 8/1/07 11:23 PM
<DD>yes, it is most definetly racist garbage.

<DT>Definitely not a joke : Shawn in Jersey : 8/1/07 11:25 PM
<DD>It's freaking scary. If you want even scarier, look at the two site under their "affiliates", especially the "about us" on the anu.org site.
Link (new window)

<DT>In fact : Shawn in Jersey : 8/1/07 11:32 PM
<DD>doing a quick whois search on the site, both the castefootball and the anu sites are registered to the same PO Box in Allison Park, PA.

<DT>lol : DigitaLx2001 : 8/1/07 11:35 PM
<DD>silly racists. it would be more funny if it wasnt.. also rather tragic.

<DT>And then it gets even worse : Shawn in Jersey : 8/1/07 11:38 PM
<DD>as you go through the linked sites. A site that supports "Repatriations" and by that they mean buy land in Africa and send blacks back.

<DT>I know : Osi Osi Osi OyOyOy : 8/1/07 11:39 PM
<DD>I just sit here and laugh reading this crap, but in reality it is very scary and straight up sad that there are still racist pr1cks like this in our society.

<DT>not a joke : giantdan : 8/1/07 11:43 PM
<DD>there are still crazy racists out there...

<DT>There was a site : yankeebsbll5 : 8/1/07 11:44 PM
<DD>A few years ago run by a 12 year old kid who made his case for the KKK. It showed him with all the KKK leaders (Duke, etc.) and him being like "I can hate n****** if I want." His defense was that people couldn't get mad at him because he was 12. I can't find it right now, but damn, I just stared at thing for the longest time.

<DT>this is racist : sbrock85 : 8/2/07 1:47 AM
<DD>but all the positive press about dungy and lovie smith as first black hc in the super bowl and the mcnabb stories AREN't RIGHT?? This country is so messed up.

<DT>sorry : sbrock85 : 8/2/07 2:23 AM
<DD>to clarify yes this site has an obvious agenda but the point i tried to make albeit callously is that the media applauds achievement of blacks and them taking the spots of white coaches while the opposite would be strictly scrutinized as racist and most of the time its whites doing the finger points. As my professor said: "no one made a big deal when Lombardi won the super bowl as the first italian to win one. Congrats to Lovie on being first black coach to lose the super bowl" haha

<DT>this site is crazy : sbrock85 : 8/2/07 2:53 AM
<DD>read the team previews and how it grades and analyzes the amount of white players on the teams lol

<DT>I'm hoping they can also help... : manh george : 8/2/07 5:36 AM
<DD>with the lack of black golfers.

<DT>While it does give information about : PeterS : 8/2/07 9:48 AM
<DD>small school players it's basis is pure bull....

<DT>Just out of curiosity : PeterS : 8/2/07 9:49 AM
<DD>why can't I say bull excrament yet the there is regular use of the f-word?

<DT>sbrock... : FatMan in Charlotte : 8/2/07 9:59 AM
<DD>is consistently one of the most racially hateful people on this site. How does he get away with it??

<DT>sbrock : Joey in VA : 8/2/07 10:05 AM
<DD>What do you use to get your sheets so white? Just clorox or do you add detergent as well? Thanks in advance.

<DT>Joey : Burtman : 8/2/07 10:11 AM
<DD>If he turned around you'd see they're not so white on the backside.

<DT>sbrock : Shawn in Jersey : 8/2/07 10:12 AM
<DD>When were Italians excluded from or considered not to be able to coach?

<DT>So sbrock... : manh george : 8/2/07 10:15 AM
<DD>when the majority of the players are black and until recently there were no black head coaches, that wasn't news? And when the color lines were broken, that wasn't news either?

Oh.

<DT>There are posters on this site who are racist? : Randy in CT : 8/2/07 10:17 AM
<DD>Weird. I get accused of calling everyone racist when in actuality there are perhaps 4 posters here who post racially insensitive ideas, sbrock included.

<DT>sbrock : Joey in VA : 8/2/07 10:20 AM
<DD>You must hate the Arizona Cardinals as well...

"6. The Arizona Cardinals drafted zero white players. As if this team couldn't get any more black. Honestly."

<DT>Joey... : FatMan in Charlotte : 8/2/07 10:23 AM
<DD>but the Cards have a white guy at QB to tell the blacks where to go. It is perfectly in line with sbrock's thinking. They are probably his favorite team.

<DT>That site is : AnyoneButPhilly : 8/2/07 10:25 AM
<DD>a whole new level of racism from anything I have seen on BBI. I don't care how racist you are, as a football fan the only color you should be concerned with is silver....the color of the Lombardi trophy

<DT>BAHAHAHAHAHA : Joey in VA : 8/2/07 10:27 AM
<DD>What in the name of Ebony and Ivory is going on with this site????

"New York has a solid offensive line. Chris Snee starts at right guard, Shaun O'Hara at center, David Diehl at left guard, and Luke Petitgout at left tackle. Petitgout is another talented player fans have been quick to jump on, along with Manning and now departed LB Nick Greisen, who was very productive every time he started but apparently didn't fit the racial profile of what the fans felt a "real" linebacker should look like.

Rich Seubert and Grey Ruegamer are backup o-linemen.

The Giants are virtually coal black on defense. MLB Chase Blackburn is a second year man from Akron who also acquitted himself well last year when pressed into a starting role due to injuries to other linebackers. He is a backup this season. Tackle Ryan Kuehl sees the field only as the team's long snapper.

NUMBER OF WHITE STARTERS: 7

APPROXIMATE NUMBER OF WHITE PLAYERS ON 53 MAN ROSTER: 15

GRADE: F+

<DT>This has to be a hoax : Joey in VA : 8/2/07 10:28 AM
<DD>No way, NO WAY people are that stupid

<DT>Oh, they are real.. : FatMan in Charlotte : 8/2/07 10:31 AM
<DD>and as those people put it, they is spectackuler

<DT>People suck.. : Davisian : 8/2/07 10:36 AM
<DD>..

<DT>It's seems like they have coined a new phrase - : jarrodbunch : 8/2/07 10:36 AM
<DD>White Special Teams Demon.. it's pretty catchy actually.

...Linebacker Nick Greisen, often disparaged while with the Giants despite being very productive when he played, is the current starter at right outside linebacker, though the team has seemed eager to replace him either with rookie Clint Ingram or Pat Thomas.

Safety Nick Sorensen is Jacksonville's White Special Teams Demon/Mascot. </I?

<DT>FMIC : Joey in VA : 8/2/07 10:41 AM
<DD>So you're saying these guys honestly believe there is an anti-white agenda in the NFL? Wow

<DT>No... : FatMan in Charlotte : 8/2/07 10:42 AM
<DD>
I'm saying that people are that stupid, especially racists.

<DT>FMIC : Joey in VA : 8/2/07 11:51 AM
<DD>Can't be, they seem to speak so well </DD></DL></DD>

Rise

Guru
Just saw the fight on ESPN blackcenter, oops I mean sportscenter. They portray the incident as "Vince Young showing leadership"
smiley8.gif

Tom Iron

Mentor
The interesting thing here is that not just Young, but all black QB's at some point do something so outrageous, that they sink their own ship. When one of them comes up, it's only a matter of time until whatever he's going to do manifests itself. It could be fighting with a teamate or lousing up a big throw or fumbling a handoff, you never know. The only thing you do know is that it'll be at the worst time.

They say the new guy in Oakland does a lot of eating. That he eats himself up close to 300 lbs. That'll be interesting waiting to see that guy. Then there's the new addition with the bum knee.

The guy in Philly just can't stay on the field.

The guy in Baltimore, is past his best awhile ago. Never had it.

The two in JVille, forgettaboutit.

Any of the rest of them, just run of the mill and won't take a team anywhere.

They all lack that certain intangible that will make their team anything but mediochre at best.

Tom Iron...

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
funny Young throws a punch at a teammate and fisher is worried about his throwing hand.... what a bunch of bull. had nickey thrown a punch at young it would have been a different story. romo was made out to be a racist when he spit on stokes.