USA verses england

Europe

Mentor
The US could have 7 white starters and England only 5. Let's hope they bench Heskey quickly and put in Crouch. Rooney says he even prefers to be the lone striker.Edited by: Europe

Rebajlo

Mentor
jwhite96 said:
European players are very overrated in my opinion especially English players...

...The US ended Spain's world record unbeaten streak.

England's players are by far the most overrated players in the World...

...There is incredible bias against US players in Europe. Those that are signed by a European team have to face hostile teammates and coaches.

When Donovan was signed by Bayern Munich , he was not given any chance to prove himself...

...No European team has ever won the WC outside of Europe. Without their home court advantage their performances have been much worse.

jwhite96 - Europe and others have already made good posts full of startlingly self-evident pointswith regard to Your arguments vis-a-vis USfootballers, so there's no need for me repeat them.Here are a few additional observations.

Good luck to You for being a fanatical supporter of Your team, but You seem to be bursting with (and blinded by)anti-English vitriol.I agree with Your view that FIFA isa highly corrupt organisation - in fact,I raised the issue and used South Korea's "easy ride" in 2002 as an example in the following thread:

http://www.castefootball.us/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=11069&PN=4&title=2010-world-cup

But, with all due respect, I must say that You are seriously deluded if You believe thatthere is some kind of conspiracy to rob the United States of it's rightful spot at thepinnacle ofworld football. Sorry for sounding a bit abrasive, but Your aggressively jingoistic posts are bordering on the openly insulting (although Iwill assume that this was not Your intention...).

Youkeep referring to the fact that the U.S. - as opposed to England - heroically ended Spain's "record" unbeaten streak.What exactly, pray tell, does that prove?If the U.S. played Spain in, let's say, five competitive matches per year, they certainly wouldn't rack up two wins, that's for sure. As other posters have said, upsets occur. After all, Your glitteringpaladins were done by the footballing giants of Costa Rica during the World Cup qualifiers. If You use a single game as some kind of almighty yardstick proving that the United States' team is capable of achieving that which other European nations cannot, well that speaks for itself. After all, it was the Confederations Cup, which is hardly a serious top-draw tournament and is viewed in Europe as a bit of a niusance. But I guess that I'm being a "Eurosnob", eh?
smiley2.gif

What is the reason for this purportedlyincredible bias against American players in Europe? Do those evilEuropean managers fear an influx of endless sublime American talent that will squeeze out the likes of Messi, Gerrard, andRooney? (Please pardon the sarcasm).

You mentioned a few players: Jay DeMerit - the guy is a journeyman, mate, nothing more. Your comically-named af'leete Edson Buddle has never played club football outside the United States, despite being almost 30- well, no surprise there (I actually had to look his proud details up on the internet, as his talents seem to have somehow escaped mynotice, as well as that of European scouts always on the hunt for yet another black). But I guess that if he was born in England,he may have been a star, as could that other natch'ral af'leete, Jozy Altidore of one-league-goal-for-Hull fame. The latter's big-lipped mouthhas actually had a taste of the Premier League (too bad that the club he was loaned to was relegated
smiley36.gif
) - I predict that he'll be back in the MLS in no time, another victim (despite his beneficial skin colour) of the anti-American conspiracy masterminded by various Eurosnobs.

jwhite96 said:
The only way the US doesn't make it out of the group stage is if FIFA decides they will not advance and the red cards start flying

Mate, that's pure arrogance and conceit. If an English guy made such a statement regarding his team, You'd probably rupture Yourself in righteous fury.

Well, after Your eye-opening observations, I don't know if I should even bother getting up to watch the match. After all, the grossly overrated English are sure tobe torn apart by the masters of technical football, the United States. Unless, of course, FIFAcheats the Americans - again...

Edited by: Rebajlo

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
All semantics. Here in the U.S., the vast majority of the population could give a rat's behind about World Cup Soccer. If the US had 1/2 the percentage of the population that say, England has, interested in pursuing soccer at major levels, things might be a bit different. Look at MLS, they're lucky to fill 5,000 seat venues on a good night, while a pathetic NBA team like the Grizzlies will average 10K.

All that said, I agree with the "furinors" that the U.S. is not going to exactly tear things up in the World Cup.

Europe

Mentor
FootballDad said:
All semantics.  Here in the U.S., the vast majority of the population could give a rat's behind about World Cup Soccer.  If the US had 1/2 the percentage of the population that say, England has, interested in pursuing soccer at major levels, things might be a bit different.  Look at MLS, they're lucky to fill 5,000 seat venues on a good night, while a pathetic NBA team like the Grizzlies will average 10K.
<div></div>
<div></div>All that said, I agree with the "furinors" that the U.S. is not going to exactly tear things up in the World Cup.

The MLS does pretty well. Seattle sells out every game with over 30,000.
The average is 16,000. That's not too bad. It is growing with more teams being added. France average 24,000 and The Dutch and Portugues leagues less.

Indian Cricket averages 58,000 amazingly.

attendance

jwhite96

Guru
Rebajlo said:
jwhite96 said:
<div>European players are very overrated in my opinion especially English players... </div>
<div> </div>
<div>...The US ended Spain's world record unbeaten streak. England's players are by far the most overrated players in the World... ...There is incredible bias against US players in Europe. Those that are signed by a European team have to face hostile teammates and coaches. </div>
<div>When Donovan was signed by Bayern Munich , he was not given any chance to prove himself...</div>
<div> </div>
<div>...No European team has ever won the WC outside of Europe. Without their home court advantage their performances have been much worse.
</div>
<div> </div>
<div>jwhite96 - Europe and others have already made good posts full of startlingly self-evident points with regard to Your arguments vis-a-vis US footballers, so there's no need for me repeat them. Here are a few additional observations.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Good luck to You for being a fanatical supporter of Your team, but You seem to be bursting with (and blinded by) anti-English vitriol. I agree with Your view that FIFA is a highly corrupt organisation - in fact, I raised the issue and used South Korea's "easy ride" in 2002 as an example in the following thread: </div>
<div> </div>
<div>http://www.castefootball.us/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=11069&PN=4&title=2010-world-cup</div>
<div> </div>
<div>But, with all due respect,  I must say that You are seriously deluded if You believe that there is some kind of conspiracy to rob the United States of it's rightful spot at the pinnacle of world football. Sorry for sounding a bit abrasive, but Your aggressively jingoistic posts are bordering on the openly insulting (although I will assume that this was not Your intention...). </div>
<div> </div>
<div>You keep referring to the fact that the U.S. - as opposed to England - heroically ended Spain's "record" unbeaten streak. What exactly, pray tell, does that prove? If the U.S. played Spain in, let's say, five competitive matches per year, they certainly wouldn't rack up two wins, that's for sure. As other posters have said, upsets occur. After all, Your glittering paladins were done by the footballing giants of Costa Rica during the World Cup qualifiers. If You use a single game as some kind of almighty yardstick proving that the United States' team is capable of achieving that which other European nations cannot, well that speaks for itself. After all, it was the Confederations Cup, which is hardly a serious top-draw tournament and is viewed in Europe as a bit of a niusance. But I guess that I'm being a "Eurosnob", eh?
smiley2.gif
</div>
<div> </div>
<div>What is the reason for this purportedly incredible bias against American players in Europe? Do those evil European managers fear an influx of endless sublime American talent that will squeeze out the likes of Messi, Gerrard, and Rooney? (Please pardon the sarcasm).</div>
<div> </div>
<div>You mentioned a few players: Jay DeMerit - the guy is a journeyman, mate, nothing more. Your comically-named af'leete Edson Buddle has never played club football outside the United States, despite being almost 30 - well, no surprise there (I actually had to look his proud details up on the internet, as his talents seem to have somehow escaped my notice, as well as that of European scouts always on the hunt for yet another black). But I guess that if he was born in England, he may have been a star, as could that other natch'ral af'leete, Jozy Altidore of one-league-goal-for-Hull fame. The latter's big-lipped mouth has actually had a taste of the Premier League (too bad that the club he was loaned to was relegated
smiley36.gif
) - I predict that he'll be back in the MLS in no time, another victim (despite his beneficial skin colour) of the anti-American conspiracy masterminded by various Eurosnobs.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>
jwhite96 said:
The only way the US doesn't make it out of the group stage is if FIFA decides they will not advance and the red cards start flying
</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Mate, that's pure arrogance and conceit. If an English guy made such a statement regarding his team, You'd probably rupture Yourself in righteous fury. </div>
<div> </div>
<div>Well, after Your eye-opening observations, I don't know if I should even bother getting up to watch the match. After all, the grossly overrated English are sure to be torn apart by the masters of technical football, the United States. Unless, of course, FIFA cheats the Americans - again... </div>
<div> </div>
<div> </div>

Jingoistic?

Are you still upset at your Socceroos losing 3 (really 4) to 1 to the USA mate?

The majority of the USA team is white as well as the majority of the best players. Therefore, although this is Caste football ,I do want the USA to win ,even if God forbid, they have 2 more blacks than England. So I will address your comments about the black players : Jozy Altdore : scored against Spain in the Confederations Cup, scored 2 goals against Brazil at the U20 world cup outplaying Pato (did you ever hear of him?). I don't have time to post numerous examples of eurosnobbery and outright hostility to USA players signed by Euro clubs. Here is one example. Landon Donovan who ran rings around Germany at the 2002 WC (where he scored 2 goals), during his 3 month stint at Bayern Munich in 2009 was described by the Bayern reserve team coach as lacking the ability to even make the reserve team roster.

What does the fact the USA is the only to defeat Spain in at least 4 or 5 years? You can't be as naive as your statement sounds (I apologize if I'm being abrasive).

You don't know Edson Buddle and way should you, except he scored 2 goals against one of the better back lines in the tournament a week ago. Buddle plays for my favorite club team New York Red Bull . He has had a serious ETOH abuse problem throughout his career. He has dried out and thus has been extremely effective leading the MLS by a wide margin in scoring this year. I'm sorry if I'm greatly overestimating his ability but scoring twice against the socceroos A team (minus Kewell) really impressed me. I always greatly admired the socceroos, especially the fact Australia has so may successful players in the top 4 leagues although the number seems to have gone down. So yes, I'm overrating Buddle .

I do dislike England .So what? Is that an international war crime?

Australia was cheated in the last world cup in favor of Italy? advancing.

You do sound like a eurosnob when you diminish the importance of the Confederations Cup. Do you believe Spain didn't care if they lost to the US? The Brazilians appeared to take the tournament seriously as they appeared extremely happy when they pulled out the win against the US.

Costa Rica is an extremely difficult place to play due to having to constantly dodge bags of urine, and showers of large batteries always thrown at the visiting team. Bob Bradley (not wanting make excuses) isn't half as good as your current coach not to mention Guus Hiddink and Dick Advocate. He used a weak line up against Costa Rica.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
a couple of questionable line-ups, with both teams inserting big question marks in this WC opener... which team will take advantage?

for England, there's no Joe Cole in midfield and (the i think horrid) Heskey is starting at forward.
for USA, the One-Legged Onyewo starts on defense and the non-scoring Findley at forward.

who will emerge? who will disappoint? who will make me look like an idiot?
smiley36.gif

the game is minutes away!
smiley32.gif

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
England starting 5 blacks and 6 whites. Black supremacy has now moved to England as well as France. They should just throw in that black goalie as a starter and make it offical.

Not to worry though. "Our" team starts 4 blacks. We are right behind you, England!

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
ouch for "our" Yanks.

4 minutes in, Onyewu and Clark (both super affletes according to ESPN) combine to let Gerrard run free for a goal. this despite Gerrard's complete lack of melanin, and hence, talent.

Howard had absolutely no chance.

Onyewu looks like he's nailed to the ground. and Clark is still looking confused.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Liverlips said:
England starting 5 blacks and 6 whites. Black supremacy has now moved to England as well as France. They should just throw in that black goalie as a starter and make it offical.

Not to worry though. "Our" team starts 4 blacks. We are right behind you, England!

A country that has a black population of 2 percent starts an almost half black team. Ridiculous!

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Hopefully, Slovenia makes it through in Group C.

How I envy the teams from Africa, Asia and Latin America. They have squads that represent them.

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
"A country that has a black population of 2 percent starts an almost half black team. Ridiculous!"

I think England is a bit more than 2% black but I see your point.

England are in the same boat as France now and for the first time in a long time I am cheering for the U.S.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Liverlips said:
"A country that has a black population of 2 percent starts an almost half black team. Ridiculous!"

England are in the same boat as France now and for the first time in a long time I am cheering for the U.S.

It's around 2 percent Liverlips. Maybe a bit less. Obviously if you county Arabs and other races then it would be much higher. So 2 percent of the population can fill up 50 percent of a team. Give me a break!!!!

Europe

Mentor
whiteathlete33 said:
Liverlips said:

It's around 2 percent Liverlips.  Maybe a bit less.  Obviously if you county Arabs and other races then it would be much higher.  So 2 percent of the population can fill up 50 percent of a team.  Give me a break!!!!

yea, England is dissapointing with all the blacks. Hopefully, Joe Cole, Crouch and Carragher play. But they aren't as bad a France.

Mighty Joe

Both teams are a little too dark for me.Very dissapointed with Englands lineup as they could and should be a lot whiter.Bechum had he not been injured would be playing ahead of Lennon and Crouch should be starting instead of Heskey.I expect them to get whiter as the tournament progresses.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
well, it didn't take long for Heskey to hurt somebody ... Howard is down after being cleated to the chest by the clumsy "British" forward.

jwhite96

Guru
Just as I started typing this to say the US is more athletic than Black England, The USA TIES YES

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
ouch for England. their young keeper, Green, gives up an incredibly soft goal. ouch, indeed.

jwhite96

Guru
There are goalies in 10 year old Youth soccer in the US who could start for England.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
jwhite96 said:
There are goalies in 10 year old Youth soccer in the US who could start for England.

this, my dear friends, is known as hyperbole.
smiley2.gif

so far, both teams have had their weaknesses exposed.

Europe

Mentor
Liverlips said:
Hopefully, Slovenia makes it through in Group C.

How I envy the teams from Africa, Asia and Latin America. They have squads that represent them.

Unfortunately, Africa has teams in England ,France and even the US. The US isn't as bad. It's only going to get worse.Edited by: Europe