Urlacher article

Bart

Hall of Famer
http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=41346

The reason Brian Urlacher is the leading candidate for defensive player of the year isn't his sacks, his quarterback hits, his tackles or the takeaways he helps produce.

The reason is that Urlacher neutralizes more big plays by offenses than any defender in the NFL. The Bears have allowed a league-low 26 plays of 20 yards or more, which reflects on their middle linebacker.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Thanks for the great article.I liked how they said he is the "Peyton Manning" of the defense.It is very true.Not only is he a physical freak but he is very intelligent.Brian see's things happening on the field very quickly and calls out the right adjustments almost every time.I really hope he wins the award for NFL Defensive Player of the Year.AJ Hawk of Ohio St. could be the next Urlacher if that is even possible.Brian is as good as they come.

whiteCB

Master
Hawk plays OLB and not MLB like Urlacher but still could be just the type of stud leader a defense needs. I could see Hawk more in the mold of Lawrence Taylor since they both play OLB and are terrorizing forces.

Bear-Arms

Mentor
Urlacher played OLB in college along with numerous other positions like saftey, wide reciever, and kick returner.