UFC Fight Night 28

Liverlips

Hall of Famer

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Bader shows glimpses of being a 205 Michael Chandler when he fights (and steamrolls) the mid-tier guys. Despite his wins over Lil Nog and Rampage Jackson he tends to underperform in the big fights (Jones, Machida) however.

Hawkeye2

Mentor
I don't see Bader winning this match. Glover is very talented and has destroyed everyone he has faced. Glover has a strong jaw, great power in his hands and legs, and good TDD. I said when he first was signed by UFC Glover would Ko Anderson, Phil Davis, and Machida easily. Bader has talent, but Glover is like a prime Chuck Liddell.

Old Scratch

Mentor
Bader was offered up as a sacrificial lamb to keep Glover Teixeira relevant before his title shot, I don't see how Bader can win this (other than the caveat "anything can happen"). He'll have to lay N pray, and wall N stall as if his life depended on it.

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Eastern Europeans showing why they are the most feared fighters.

Pole Piotr Hallmanm ate some of the most wicked body kicks I have seen yet had balls of steel to not just survive but come back and tap a very tough Brazilian.

Russian Ali Bagitonov also showed the typical Russian aggression in both the standup and the ground. He got the KO and is another white to watch at 125.

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
The Team Alpha Male guys are unstoppable since bringing in Duane Ludwig for standup coaching.

They are going to have all the belts from 125 - 145 in 2014.

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
The Brazilian crowd is pretty quiet tonight. They are used to their guys handling everyone in Brazil but they are mostly getting tapped or KO'd tonight.

Old Scratch

Mentor
Bader did a lot better than I expected actually, and I thought he'd win early on. He clipped Glover on two separate occasions showing that Glover's chin is suspect.

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Yeah, I thought Bader had that first round. Not sure why he didn't mix in more takedowns. Glover was hurt and I guess Ryan got overexcited in going for the finish.