UFC 80

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
<center>SPOILER ALERT</font></center>

Don't know if you guys are aware, UFC 80 is on right now, live from Britain. Results so far:

Kendall Grove v Jorge Rivera

Rivera scored the takedown, put some ground n' pound on Grove and KO'd him in the first round. Wasn't much of a fight.

Rivera TKO</font>

Jason Lambert v Wilson Gouveia

Lambert was aggressive first round, took Gouveia to the ground and managed to land a few punches. Gouveia attempted a couple of different subs from which Lambert powered out. Early in the second, Lambert seemed over confident, pursued Gouveia and was KO'd by a winging left hook to the chin.

Gouveia KO</font>

Marcus Davis v Jess Lauidin

Not much of a fight. Lauidin scored a few low front leg kicks, Davis punched him once in the jaw along the neckline and he was out.

Davis TKO</font>

Paul Taylor v Paul Kelly

Two British fighters in a three round war. They both fought hard the entire three rounds. Paul Kelly wins a 30-27 UD in his UFC debut.

Kelly UD</font>

Gabriel Gonzaga v Fabricio Werdum

Gonzaga controlled the first round with leg kicks that put Werdum on the canvas. However, the second round was all Werdum. He won the punch exchanges, landed some good knees, and when Gonzaga ended up on the ground he hit Gonzaga with a number of punches. The referee stopped the fight because Gonzaga wasn't defending himself. Gonzaga wasn't out, and in my opinion looked like he could have fought his way out. Nevertheless...

Werdum by TKO</font>

BJ Penn v Joe Stevenson

Penn controlled the first round, kept Joe pinned to the mat the entire time. Joe did well to avoid being submitted or hit a lot, but Penn opened a bad cut on Joe's forehead from which the blood ran as if from a faucet. Stevenson came out aggressive in the second round, but Penn picked him apart with longer arms and accurate punches. Joe ended up on the ground again, where Penn controlled him and finally sunk a bloody rear naked choke.

Penn by RNC </font>

Penn called out Sherk after the fight, saying Sherk 'is dead.' Sherk came into the octagon, said he had no respect for Penn and that Penn had one more fight to go before he could claim the lightweight title. Penn came back over and just said it will be a good fight, in a sort of subdued manner.

Huh.

UFC 80 in the books.Edited by: White Shogun

Poacher

Mentor
The Werdum result surprised me.

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
BJ is such a loud-mouth egomaniac. He's always shooting his mouth off. He'd better bring that same "A game" against Sherk. BJ is a good fighter with alotta talent, but Sherk has a definitive wrestling, strength and cardio advantage against BJ. I'd love to see Sean wipe the matt with arrogant Penn!

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Poacher said:
The Werdum result surprised me.

Me, too. Gonzaga seemed really tentative, except for the leg kicks. This was actually a rematch for these guys though. They fought in Brazil, a fight that Werdum won by TKO. Maybe he was just in Gonzaga's head...