Tyson Gay tests positive for banned substance

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/athletics/23307913

_68725141_tyson-gay-getty2.jpg

[h=1]Tyson Gay tests positive for banned substance[/h]
American sprinter Tyson Gay has tested positive for a banned substance and has pulled out of next month's World Championships.

Matra2

Master
I'll bet we don't hear as much about this as we did about Lance Armstrong.

dwid

Hall of Famer
what would an analog of ephedrine help sprinters with? I think its mainly a diet drug...I am guessing it was supposed to help pass a drug test, I am guessing they weren't testing for this for a while and athletes were getting away now several caught for the same drug. I mean thats just an odd drug to take, even if you wanted to take stimulants. Its not like "oh im gonna pop some oxilofrine"

but no need to get optimistic, there are some good chemists out there that can change just a small structure of a drug and have it give a similar effect and it not show up in a drug test.

wait, they never even confirmed what he tested positive for but that is what he claims it was.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
I'd guess Gay's on HGH since it's so hard to test for. Would his 9.68 become a high 9.7 or low 9.8 without help from substances.

In a field just with HGH I think Lemaitre is a top 5 or 6 100 meter talent right now, but some of the guys are also using steroids which give an even bigger advantage. Lemaitre better medal in something this year and in 2016. I think running both 100 and 200 give him the best chance.