Toby/Tim signing

rajuncajun

Guru
I noticed this morning that neither Toby or Tim haved signed yet with the Vikes and Broncos. There are a LOT of unsigned 1st and 2nd rounders not yet inked, it would be great to see both of them in camp when it starts in order to fully get a fair shot at making an impact in their rookie years. On the positive side, Riley Cooper is signed and ready to fight in the Caste system of andy reid.

http://backseatfan.com/2010/05/2010-nfl-draft-rookie-signing-status-team-by-team/

This is a link by team for current information on the 2010 draft picks.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
I have a feeling Cooper will stick in Philly and actually get some playing time this season. Andy "Porky the Pig" Reid is one of the worst caste offenders but Cooper is too good not to see playing time.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Here is the news on the Tebow signing.

Broncos agreed to terms with No. 25 overall pick QB Tim Tebow on a
five-year, $33 million deal, including $8.7 million guaranteed.

icsept

Master
whiteathlete33 said:
Here is the news on the Tebow signing.Broncos agreed to terms with No. 25 overall pick QB Tim Tebow on a

For an apparently modest guy like Tim, he should be set for life. Plus, he's already pulled some major endorsements.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
icsept said:
whiteathlete33 said:
Here is the news on the Tebow signing.Broncos agreed to terms with No. 25 overall pick QB Tim Tebow on a

For an apparently modest guy like Tim, he should be set for life. Plus, he's already pulled some major endorsements.

I hope the best for him. I can't say the same for Mark Brunell who is apparently broke. He was a favorite of mine.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Gerhart is signed now: Vikings agreed to terms with rookie RB Toby Gerhart, the No. 51 overall pick, on a four-year, $3.767 million contract. All Vikings rookies are signed. While Gerhart isn't ticketed for a ton of snaps with Adrian Peterson slated for every-down back duties, the former Stanford Cardinal should be rostered in all fantasy leagues. Gerhart's game is certainly NFL-ready, and he'll be an immediate every-week fantasy starter if Peterson gets hurt. The Vikings have very little talent behind him.

bigunreal

Mentor
I'm glad Gerhart signed quickly. There was a quote from Childress on Rotoworld which began, "He better get his tail in here," directed at Gerhart. All Toby needs is another excuse not to play him.

With the report from the previous day, stating that Adrian Peterson is expected to get more third down work this season, with Gerhart relegated to a "traditional backup role," it's hard to remain optimistic about his chances.

I'm still hoping for the best.

snow

Mentor
bigunreal said:
I'm glad Gerhart signed quickly. There was a quote from Childress on Rotoworld which began, "He better get his tail in here," directed at Gerhart. All Toby needs is another excuse not to play him.

With the report from the previous day, stating that Adrian Peterson is expected to get more third down work this season, with Gerhart relegated to a "traditional backup role," it's hard to remain optimistic about his chances.

So it went from the Vikings "trying to find someone to fill in Chester Taylor's role" (who got a decent amount of carries at one point) to now a "traditional back up role" which means, what? as in not getting to play unless the starter is injured? Thats what it sounds like to me. We are honestly supposed to believe that the Vikings spent a 2nd round pick on a guy who is just a backup. No splitting carries, or runningback by committee that the NFL has changed in to? If it were a 3rd round pick maybe it would be a little more believable. 4th round pick I could believe, but not a 2nd round pick. You want your first round and 2nd roun picks to play as soon as possible, and for the most part, at least if they are black, they get every opportunity to prove that they can start or have significant playing time. Just look at Knowshon Moreno last year who was very mediocre and was starting over Hillis.

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
snow said:
bigunreal said:

So it went from the Vikings "trying to find someone to fill in Chester Taylor's role" (who got a decent amount of carries at one point) to now a "traditional back up role" which means, what? as in not getting to play unless the starter is injured? Thats what it sounds like to me. We are honestly supposed to believe that the Vikings spent a 2nd round pick on a guy who is just a backup.

The Rams did the same thing with Brian Leonard a few years ago, drafting him in the 2nd round when they had RB Steven Jackson, coming of a season leading the NFL in yards from scrimmage.

bigunreal

Mentor
Yes, I'm sure all DWFs would agree that Chester Taylor is more deserving of touches than last year's top college running back.

You "upgrade" your RB depth by not playing him?