Toby Gerhart

Status
Not open for further replies.

skiboy61

I'm so pissed about Gerhart being inactive... I'm starting to not give a s**t anymore because if he's not injured this is such blantent discrimination. I hope if he's actually injured he'll heal quickly. Has anyone heard anything about his status?

White Power

Mentor
Watching Albert Young last night Toby will play in their next game. Old Albert is simply terrible.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Something positive comes out of Rotoworld:

pixel.gif

Vikings coach Brad Childress said Friday that Toby Gerhart (knee) is "getting close" to returning.
<div ="s_pNewsTextMain">
Albert Young stepped into the No. 2 back role on Thursday night,
catching the ball well but showing little burst after the catch or on
carries. Gerhart should not struggle to retake No. 2 running back
duties once he's healthy.

I think of of them may have had some purple drank.
smiley36.gif

</div>

foobar75

Master
Well, I guess even the turds over at Rotoworld recognize a bum when they see one.

The fact that this undrafted nobody has been given the opportunity to compete with a decorated, talented RB like Gerhart is solid proof of the affirmative action policies in the NFL. In addition, the designation of these two players by p*ssy negrophile Brad Childress as "2" and "2A" as Peterson's back-up shows what a spineless panderer he is.

Gerhart should've been handed the job from day one of training camp and it should have been his to lose. Heck, in a sane world, Gerhart would've been drafted earlier by a team that truly needed a RB and made a starter, or at worst, split carries equally with someone else. Instead, we watched and waited for over a month as he had to work his way from third on the depth chart to now what finally appears to be #2. And it's taken a series of dreadful performances by Young to make that happen. If he was merely playing average, no doubt Childress would keep him ahead of Toby.

golota

Just read an article on "purple pride" forum, that Gerhart WASNT actually injured for the Saints game. Toby said that Childress held him out due to a "Personnel" move. That is, he played Young instead. Maybe to placate the other players?? Playing Young instead of the Doak Walker winner is a BONEHEAD move to me. Just to placate a few idiot teammates??

golota

golota said:
Just read an article on "purple pride" forum, that Gerhart WASNT actually injured for the Saints game. Toby said that Childress held him out due to a "Personnel" move. That is, he played Young instead. Maybe to placate the other players?? Playing Young instead of the Doak Walker winner is a BONEHEAD move to me. Just to placate a few idiot teammates??

read the attached article.

http://www.purplepride.org/component/rssfactory_pro/story/vikings-rb-toby-gerhart-ready-to-contribute/2058

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Do you have a link to the article where Gerhart says he wasn't injured and that Childress held him out due to personnel moves? The link above just says that he was inactive for the game. . .

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Just skimming around the web, I cannot find a single thing to substantiate golota's claim. Here is a link to a CBS Sportsline Fantasy Update that quotes Gerhart saying he's ready to go, but he forgot to say that he really wasn't injured and it was all fake, etc.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
This is about as close as it get to that, in this interview, where Gerhart says that it was the team's decision that he sat out the first game. But it wasn't because he WASN'T injured. Although I would have loved to see Toby play, if he would have had a greater chance to reinjure his knee (suffered in the Seattle preseason game), I don't mind that he was held out. It was actually beneficial, as it showed how inept Albert Young really is.

FootballDad said:
  It was actually beneficial, as it showed how inept Albert Young really is.

I agree, sometimes these things actually work out well for white players!

golota

Don Wassall said:
Do you have a link to the article where Gerhart says he wasn't injured and that Childress held him out due to personnel moves? The link above just says that he was inactive for the game. . .

golota

Just go to PURPLEPRIDE.com
It has an article where Toby says he was held out because it was a "personnel" decision.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
You wrote that Gerhart said he wasn't injured and that Childress held him out solely as a personnel move. How about copying and pasting that portion of the article.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Ditto. How long can cowardly Brad Childress continue to trot such a fringe NFL talent- like Albert Young- out there- when a 2nd round pick- a talented Doak award winner- who has done more to bring awareness of the caste system (than any player in recent memory) waits to EVEN BE GIVEN a shot to play the Chester Taylor role from last year. We will get to see how stupid the DWFs really are this season- I guess- if they continue to be blind.

golota

Don Wassall said:
You wrote that Gerhart said he wasn't injured and that Childress held him out solely as a personnel move. How about copying and pasting that portion of the article.
Here is an excerpt from "Pioneer Press" article where Toby said it was a team decision:

That's if Gerhart's ready to handle backfield duties. He says he is, feeling good on a minor knee injury and sitting out last week because "that's (the team's) decision."

"Now we're good to go," Gerhart said. "I definitely feel comfortable. The run game, pass game, protections, everything's slowed down."

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
He had a minor knee injury. That confirms what was written abouthis statusleading up to the game. He didn't practice because of it.

Not trying to pick on you, but accuracy is important. The first sentence of your first post reads: "Just read an article on "purple pride" forum, that Gerhart WASNT actually injured for the Saints game." Yes, he was, as that article confirms. Fortunately it was a minor injury that only kept him out of one game.

phil3333

what a waste,anyone want to explain the logic in minnesota drafting toby they have in my<div>opinion the best young rb in the nfl in ap and toby is a feature back not a third down back</div>

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
phil3333 said:
what a waste,anyone want to explain the logic in minnesota drafting toby they have in my<div>opinion the best young rb in the nfl in ap and toby is a feature back not a third down back</div>

He's not even being used as a third down back. He had a whopping two carries last night. At least give him around 8-10 carries a game otherwise what was the point in drafting him.

JReb1

Mentor
Toby should ask for a trade if he's not going to be utilized. When does his rookie contract end? Hopefully Toby doesn't have to wait for his contract to end before he can try and find a team willing to use this extremely talented RB. With the success of Hillis I think there should be at least 1 team willing to let a potentially great White RB help them win a Championship...
smiley7.gif

qj

Guru
Looks like my impression last year about him skipping the caste NFL and going for a major league contract was the correct one, unfortunately. We'll see, but it certainly looks like Toby is getting Hestered and Hassed. What a stinkin' shame.

Wolfman82

The point in drafting him is to make sure he dosent shine. There is a poster on this site that calls himself big unreal. He knows whats up. Go look at his posts from back around draft time. They used that draft pick just like the chargers, and rams used picks on Hester, and Leonard. The NFL is a Marxist leauge based on building black heroes for the kids. Its worked well too. Every so often they throw usa bone, but its just enough to convince gullible people that there is no conspiracy.

qj

Guru
Wolfman82 said:
The point in drafting him is to make sure he dosent shine. There is a poster on this site that calls himself big unreal. He knows whats up. Go look at his posts from back around draft time. They used that draft pick just like the chargers, and rams used picks on Hester, and Leonard. The NFL is a Marxist leauge based on building black heroes for the kids. Its worked well too. Every so often they throw usa bone, but its just enough to convince gullible people that there is no conspiracy.

Great post, Wolfman.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Interesting isn't it that Adrian Peterson is thesole authoritative source on Gerhart. Not Brad Childress, not the offensive coordinator or therunning backs coach, but Peterson.

Gerhart getting more involved

Running back Toby Gerhart had a slow start to training camp and his rookie season, but his role has expanded the past two weeks after getting minimal playing time early in the season.

Gerhart had a season-high five carries for 24 yards against Green Bay two weeks ago. He played in numerous third-downsituations last Sunday at New Englandand caught five passes for 67 yards.
"I tell Toby all the time, 'Hey, make sure you know exactly what you're doing and when you're out there you're taking advantage of those opportunities because we're going into the second stretch and we're going to need you,'" Adrian Peterson said. "I feel like he has taken that challenge."

That said, Peterson reiterated that he doesn't like the leavethe field for any reason other than needing a breather.

"That's just my competitive nature," he said. "I want to be on the field at all times. When the game is on the line, I want to be on the field. Every third down, I want to be on the field. That's just the mentality I play with and I feel that's what makes me the type of player that I am."

Peterson saidhe's madehis feelings known to the coaching staff, although he understandsGerhart needs to help shoulder the workload and also is the running back in certain personnel packages.

"They know," Peterson said. "I also know that there are different schemes and different looks that call for Toby to be out there and things like that too. As long as they know that, ‘Hey, I want to be out there on every play to help this team win.' That's the mentality that I'm carrying, then they know where my eyes are and that's the same goal their eyes are focused on too."

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/blogs/106767468.html?elr=KArksLckD8EQDUoaEyqyP4O:DW3ckUiD3aPc:_Yyc:aUgOy9cP3DieyckcUsI?elr=KArksLckD8EQDUoaEyqyP4O:DW3ckUiD3aPc:_Yyc:aUgOy9cP3DieyckcUsI

white is right

Hall of Famer
Don Wassall said:
Interesting isn't it that Adrian Peterson is the sole authoritative source on Gerhart.  Not Brad Childress, not the offensive coordinator or the running backs coach, but Peterson.
<div> </div>
<div>Gerhart getting more involved</font></div>
<div> </div>
<div>Running back Toby Gerhart had a slow start to training camp and his rookie season, but his role has expanded the past two weeks after getting minimal playing time early in the season.</div>
<div>

Gerhart had a season-high five carries for 24 yards against Green Bay two weeks ago. He played in numerous third-down situations last Sunday at New England and caught five passes for 67 yards.
<div>"I tell Toby all the time, 'Hey, make sure you know exactly what you're doing and when you're out there you're taking advantage of those opportunities because we're going into the second stretch and we're going to need you,' " Adrian Peterson said. "I feel like he has taken that challenge."</div>
<div> </div>
<div>That said, Peterson reiterated that he doesn't like the leave the field for any reason other than needing a breather. </div>
<div> </div>
<div>"That's just my competitive nature," he said. "I want to be on the field at all times. When the game is on the line, I want to be on the field. Every third down, I want to be on the field. That's just the mentality I play with and I feel that's what makes me the type of player that I am."</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Peterson said he's made his feelings known to the coaching staff, although he understands Gerhart needs to help shoulder the workload and also is the running back in certain personnel packages. </div>
<div> </div>
<div>"They know," Peterson said. "I also know that there are different schemes and different looks that call for Toby to be out there and things like that too. As long as they know that, ‘Hey, I want to be out there on every play to help this team win.' That's the mentality that I'm carrying, then they know where my eyes are and that's the same goal their eyes are focused on too."</div>
<div> </div>
<div>http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/blogs/106767468.html?elr=KArksLckD8EQDUoaEyqyP4O:DW3ckUiD3aPc:_Yyc:aUgOy9cP3DieyckcUsI?elr=KArksLckD8EQDUoaEyqyP4O:DW3ckUiD3aPc:_Yyc:aUgOy9cP3DieyckcUsI</div></div>
The talking heads on ESPN have stated that Childress has lost the locker room so Peterson being an unofficial running backs coach is par for the course.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Peterson being the spokesman in regards to Gerhart is okay, but I'd rather see the real offensive coordinator/head coach Brett Favre talking up Toby.

Status
Not open for further replies.