Toby Gerhart

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Considering the severe caste mentality of the NFL these moves are not coincidences, or conspiracy, they are business as usual. You could name a hundred other anti-White moves and it would still be due to the same thing, the NFL CASTE SYSTEM.

Exactly. Calling it a "conspiracy" just detracts from what the Caste System actually is, and makes it easier for supporters of the system to discredit opponents of it.

Was Mike Glennon replacing Josh Freeman the result of a conspiracy? No. Was Indy trading for Richardson instead of Gerhart a conspiracy? No. As jaxvid said, it's simply business as usual within the constraints and rules of the Caste System. Not everything goes against Whites, and every time a White player doesn't meet expectations it's not because there's a "scripted plan" to have him fail. There are inherent advantages and assumptions in favor of blacks and against Whites by way of extreme affirmative action and media-enforced stereotypes, but often times blacks fail to take advantage while Whites sometimes overcome the odds and succeed.

It's really no different than other institutions. Your local TV station, for example, knows that if it has six main anchors for its morning, noon and evening news telecasts, three will be women and at least one will be black. Every advertising firm knows that if there are more than two characters to be cast in a commercial, at least one must be black (or an asian female). The only difference with sports is that the masses assume there couldn't possibly be any affirmative action or racial favoritism because blacks are so predominant in football and basketball that the over-representation must have occurred naturally, a myth which the corporate sports media of course constantly reinforce through virulently pro-black, anti-White propaganda.

Last edited:

BeyondFedUp

Hall of Famer
Exactly. Calling it a "conspiracy" just detracts from what the Caste System actually is, and makes it easier for supporters of the system to discredit opponents of it.

Was Mike Glennon replacing Josh Freeman the result of a conspiracy? No. Was Indy trading for Richardson instead of Gerhart a conspiracy? No. As jaxvid said, it's simply business as usual within the constraints and rules of the Caste System. Not everything goes against Whites, and every time a White player doesn't meet expectations it's not because there's a "scripted plan" to have him fail. There are inherent advantages and assumptions in favor of blacks and against Whites by way of extreme affirmative action and media-enforced stereotypes, but often times blacks fail to take advantage while Whites sometimes overcome the odds and succeed.

It's really no different than other institutions. Your local TV station, for example, knows that if it has six main anchors for its morning, noon and evening news telecasts, three will be women and at least one will be black. Every advertising firm knows that if there are more than two characters to be cast in a commercial, at least one must be black (or an asian female). The only difference with sports is that the masses assume there couldn't possibly be any affirmative action or racial favoritism because blacks are so predominant in football and basketball that the over-representation must have occurred naturally, a myth which the corporate sports media of course constantly reinforce through virulently pro-black, anti-White propaganda.

^This...is what I wish every DWF could at least get a grasp on. Maybe then, it would open their minds to how this is happening to Whites as a whole, in every facet of society, before we virtually disappear from our own nation...

Kaptain

Master
Could the group think of those who create the group think be considered a loose on-going conspiracy? Could the team owners and media owners who have all grown up with the same group think that is centuries old be considered a conspiracy? I don't really care what it's called in fact I never even mentioned the word conspiracy, but I do know that the highly unnatural illogical caste system didn't happen by accident.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Could the group think of those who create the group think be considered a loose on-going conspiracy? Could the team owners and media owners who have all grown up with the same group think that is centuries old be considered a conspiracy? I don't really care what it's called in fact I never even mentioned the word conspiracy, but I do know that the highly unnatural illogical caste system didn't happen by accident.

Is affirmative action a conspiracy? Is it a conspiracy when you watch TV and you know ahead of time how the casts of TV shows and commercials will look and what the plot line (agenda) will be? It's how the system works, those who want to be successful know the rules and play by them. Heretics are periodically publicly shamed and punished as a warning to others who may be thinking of straying from the party line. In sports we call it the Caste System because it's so extreme and obvious to those with eyes to see.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
I hope that asinine trade by the Colts doesn't impact Luck down the line. They could of used that first rounder to shore up the offensive line.

PHillisFan

Master
I hope that asinine trade by the Colts doesn't impact Luck down the line. They could of used that first rounder to shore up the offensive line.

It would have helped, but that's how good luck is. He can get it done without a running game most of the time. Browns Mike Lombardi is laughing his ass off right now for suckering the Colts GM into trading for Richardson.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
If Peterson can walk, he'll want to play tomorrow, and of course Leslie Frazier will accommodate him. But it would be nice if Toby does get a prominent role:

Toby Gerhart In For Huge Opportunity vs. Green Bay Packers

by Nick Baker

Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson has been dealing with a groin strain for a few weeks now, and after the team’s loss to the Seattle Seahawks this past weekend, Peterson admitted the injury was holding him back. That led head coach Leslie Frazier to say he is “cautiously optimistic” the team’s leading rusher would play against the Green Bay Packers this weekend. This means Toby Gerhart, who ran for 67 yards on just seven carries last week, will have an increased workload on Sunday and have the opportunity to audition for a big contract in the offseason.

Gerhart is in the last year of his rookie contract, and given he has excelled in the backup role for three and a half years now, he will likely be eyeing a more prominent role whilst a free agent this coming offseason. The Vikings will still be giving Peterson the bulk of the carries for the foreseeable future, and Gerhart simply wouldn’t have a big enough role for him to be interested in staying, most likely.

This all means Gerhart will be presented with his biggest opportunity this Sunday against the Packers and their unimpressive run defense. The Packers gave up over 200 yards on the ground to the Philadelphia Eagles‘ run-heavy offense two weeks ago, but against the Chicago Bears the week prior, they gave up a total of 171 yards on the ground, meaning the two-headed attack of Peterson and Gerhart should carry the Vikings’ offense this weekend.

Peterson shouldn’t have a very prominent role on Sunday, if he plays that is, as Gerhart is a bruising runner who is somewhat of a threat catching the ball out of the backfield. Gerhart can handle the bulk of the workload, and should surpass the century mark this weekend for just the second time in his career if given enough carries.

The Packers’ base 3-4 defense will proved Gerhart plenty of running lanes as B.J. Raji is underperforming this season, and right defensive end Mike Daniels is the only player according to Pro Football Focus to make a sizable impact against the run this season. This shouldn’t be too big of a difficulty for the Vikings, however, as they should be running away from Daniels, and behind the right side of their offensive line which is made up of Brandon Fusco and Phil Loadholt.

Loadholt and Fusco rate as the best run blockers the Vikings have according to PFF, meaning the majority of the carries should be to the right side of the field come Sunday. The Vikings have questions at the quarterback position once again with Christian Ponder being benched mid-game last week, meaning the team must take advantage of every possible Green Bay weakness.

Recently, the Vikings have been forced to almost abandon the run as they have fallen behind early in games, and thus had to throw the ball in order to play catch-up. The Packers will likely be without Aaron Rodgers again this weekend, meaning the Vikings’ secondary will get a much needed break from pass-heavy offenses. With Rodgers out, the Packers will run the ball with Eddie Lacy more, meaning the Vikings can afford to establish the run game early with Peterson and Gerhart.

Nick Baker is a contributing writer for Rant Sports and you can follow him on Twitter, Facebook, and add him to your network on Google.

Read more at http://www.rantsports.com/nfl/2013/...ity-vs-green-bay-packers/?c8Su0DOCylzr0f8K.99

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
It will be interesting to see what happens to Gerhart after the season. Clearly he's an excellent running back. If he doesn't get a good contract with a good situation it will be further proof of the caste system.

I believe that Gerhart may have played with Luck. The Colts could still go after Gerhart after the season ends. By then they may have realized their mistake with Richardson.

Signing Gerhart would be like getting a free 1st round draft pick. If the Colts signed Gerhart it would make up for their ill advised trade for Richardson.

newguy

Guru
It still baffles me to this day why the Vikings used a number 2 pick to get gearhart as a backup running back. It absolutely makes no sense. You rarely ever see a team use an early round pick on someone they don't expect to help out right away with maybe the exception being a quarterback.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
It still baffles me to this day why the Vikings used a number 2 pick to get gearhart as a backup running back. It absolutely makes no sense. You rarely ever see a team use an early round pick on someone they don't expect to help out right away with maybe the exception being a quarterback.

newguy, a couple of years ago J.B. Cash, I think it was J.B., may have been one of our other fine writers, wrote an article on the home page, titled, "Toby Gerhart and the strange case of the misplaced white RB's".

He's not the only great white RB drafted by a team that already had a good RB and then seldom used and or moved to FB. Brian Leonard and Jacob Hester come to mind, as well as, of course the strange case of Toby Gerhart.

Maybe someone here can pull the article back up or you can search the home page and try to find it.

jacknyc

Hall of Famer

It made no sense then, and a few yrs later it still makes no sense.
A waste for Gerhart, but also a waste for the Vikings.

In a sane world the Colts, Patriots, Giants, Steelers, and Falcons would be competing to sign Gerhart this off-season. I wouldn't be surprised if nobody signs him. It is not a sane world.

Actually i always took this as a smart move by the Vikes since AP does have a pretty violent running style and has had some bad injuries over the last few years.AP was just able to recover from them instead of it ruining his career,sucks for Toby but i still say smart move by the Vikes.

Then again there is something to be said for his situation comparing it to Leonard drafted to backup Steven Jackson or Burkhead picked up after spending a 2nd on Gio Benard.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Gerhart 2013, 19 att/ 186 yds./ 9.8 yds./ att!

Career 1208 yds./ 259 att./ 4 TD's and 4.7 yard/att.

I hope he's traded next year. He will be 27 next season with a lot of good years ahead of him.

John Riggins was traded from the Jets to the Redskins when he was 27, and although Riggins had around 3,000 yards at the same time in his career, he put up over 7,000 yards in his late 20's and 30's. Maybe Toby will get that opportunity next year.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Gerhart 2013, 19 att/ 186 yds./ 9.8 yds./ att!

Career 1208 yds./ 259 att./ 4 TD's and 4.7 yard/att.

I hope he's traded next year. He will be 27 next season with a lot of good years ahead of him.

John Riggins was traded from the Jets to the Redskins when he was 27, and although Riggins had around 3,000 yards at the same time in his career, he put up over 8,000 yards in his late 20's and 30's. Maybe Toby will get that opportunity next year.

Carolina, do you know anything about Tobys contract situation. Is this his final year?

white lightning

Hall of Famer
It's a crime the the real heisman trophy winner and doak walker winner who led the nation in rushing at Stanford has had to sit and waste
the best years of his life. We just can't let whitey be a star running back can we? They do this to every great white running back prospect. Either they go undrafted, get cut or have splinters in their a** from riding the bench. What a damn shame.

Free Toby Gerhart now! He will be an angry runner next year if some team has the guts to actually start the guy. Some how some way I have a bad feeling he might get screwed again. I don't trust the NFL period. Hoping I'm wrong because Gerhart is a stud running back.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Carolina, do you know anything about Tobys contract situation. Is this his final year?

Yes wa33, Gerhart is in his final season under his rookie contract. He can file for unrestricted free agency should he want to sign with another team.

Let's hope he will do just that and get on a team that needs him as the feature back!

icsept

Master
Peterson will be chasing Emmitt Smith for the next 4-5 years, so Gerhart has to get out of there.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
It's a crime the the real heisman trophy winner and doak walker winner who led the nation in rushing at Stanford has had to sit and waste
the best years of his life. We just can't let whitey be a star running back can we? They do this to every great white running back prospect. Either they go undrafted, get cut or have splinters in their a** from riding the bench. What a damn shame.

Free Toby Gerhart now! He will be an angry runner next year if some team has the guts to actually start the guy. Some how some way I have a bad feeling he might get screwed again. I don't trust the NFL period. Hoping I'm wrong because Gerhart is a stud running back.

Well, there's plenty of teams who have RB's that suck, so the opportunity is there for TG. He just needs to be smart and go to the right team, their out there!

Gerhart, MN. 2013, 9.8 yds./att.!!!!!!!!!

Other 2013 starting NFL RB's that couldn't carry Gerhart's jock! There are others like Eddie Lacy and Stacy, but I listed the ones's who are just awful!

Mendenhall, ARI. 2.9 yds/att.
Rice/Pierce, BAL. 2.8
Jones Drew, JAX. 2.9
Richardson, IND, 3.0
Bell, PIT. 3.1
BenJarvus,GE, CIN 3.3
Rogers, ATL. 3.5
Martin, TB. 3.6
McFadden, OAK 3.6
Thomas, MIA. 3.7
Johnson, TN. 3.8
Powell, NYJ. 3.9

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I was only able to watch the Denver-New England game yesterday, but wish I could have been able to watch Gerhart. He's averaging over 10 yards per rush the past two games!

Toby Gerhart, RB: Oh wait, we don't have to imagine because OH MY GOODNESS DID TOBY GERHART CRUSH AND SMASH AND DOMINATE. This was the best mix and match of Peterson and Gerhart all year, and it produced 232 yards rushing. Gerhart only carried the ball eight times, but he had 91 yards of rushing awesomeness. http://www.dailynorseman.com/2013/1...market-report-packers-i-just-kissed-my-sister

Wes Woodhead

Mentor
Of course this statement will be met with howls of opposition, but from what Ive seen Gerhart looks to be the better RB to me. Maybe my eyes are lying to me again about a white player, but thats what these eys see when I watch them both run.

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
Of course this statement will be met with howls of opposition, but from what Ive seen Gerhart looks to be the better RB to me. Maybe my eyes are lying to me again about a white player, but thats what these eys see when I watch them both run.

I’m not sure Toby is “better” than Peterson (who is an undeniably great player), but he certainly has all the tools required. Gerhart was undoubtedly the better collegiate running back at Stanford than Peterson was at Oklahoma…one received every opportunity to shine in the NFL, the other received nothing but bullying from his own teammates, sparse carries over 3.5 seasons, and playing special teams. A microcosm of the Caste System. The reality is that he is likely more talented than almost every NFL RB aside from big name guys like Peterson, McCoy, Charles, Forte, Rice, Foster, Lynch, etc.

I’d say Gerhart runs like a stronger, faster, bigger-bodied version of Marshawn Lynch. Both are bruisers that run in a violent manner, yet have great agility, nice speed, can block, and can catch passes out of the backfield. Facially, however, they look like a completely different species altogether…

attachment.php

CAPTION: Toby & All-American Sex Symbol, Marshawn Lynch

How sad that such a talented player only has 19 carries through 11 games…and 79% of those carries came in the past two weeks! His 11.4 YPC yesterday, along with last week’s stellar running, could ensure him a few looks as a free agent. Knowing the NFL, he'll probably re-sign with Minnesota for less money per season than his rookie contract.

Despite his jaw-dropping punt return average and skills as a WR, no other NFL team wanted Julian Edelman this past off-season (so he re-signed for the league minimum)...why would anyone want Gerhart?

Attachments

• tobymarshawn.jpg
    tobymarshawn.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 171
Last edited:

foobar75

Master
I’m not sure Toby is “better†than Peterson (who is an undeniably great player), but he certainly has all the tools required. Gerhart was undoubtedly the better collegiate running back at Stanford than Peterson was at Oklahoma…one received every opportunity to shine in the NFL, the other received nothing but bullying from his own teammates, sparse carries over 3.5 seasons, and playing special teams. A microcosm of the Caste System. The reality is that he is likely more talented than almost every NFL RB aside from big name guys like Peterson, McCoy, Charles, Forte, Rice, Foster, Lynch, etc.

I’d say Gerhart runs like a stronger, faster, bigger-bodied version of Marshawn Lynch. Both are bruisers that run in a violent manner, yet have great agility, nice speed, can block, and can catch passes out of the backfield. Facially, however, they look like a completely different species altogether…

attachment.php

CAPTION: Toby & All-American Sex Symbol, Marshawn Lynch

How sad that such a talented player only has 19 carries through 11 games…and 79% of those carries came in the past two weeks! His 11.4 YPC yesterday, along with last week’s stellar running, could ensure him a few looks as a free agent. Knowing the NFL, he'll probably re-sign with Minnesota for less money per season than his rookie contract.

Despite his jaw-dropping punt return average and skills as a WR, no other NFL team wanted Julian Edelman this past off-season (so he re-signed for the league minimum)...why would anyone want Gerhart?

Thrashen, I think we can probably remove Foster and Rice from your list, who were once elite RBs, but appear to have lost a step due to injury and overuse. I suspect they will not return to their old form again, which means it's an even smaller group of RBs that we can list ahead of Gerhart. His one advantage at the moment is that he's been spared the customary beating that a typical featured back absorbs in this league, so he potentially could have a solid 4-5 years as a starter if he ends up with the right team.

We at CF know that Gerhart can easily start and produce for at least 20 teams in the NFL. But I'm also afraid his options are limited. We have our wish list of teams like NE, IND, and GB, but do they see what we see? The market for a back-up RB who has seen limited carries in his first 4 years is not filled with choices. But he has to make a very careful decision this off-season, because he can blow what little chance he has as a starting back by ending up with the wrong organization. As someone said earlier, Peterson will get his chance to chase Emmitt Smith, so Toby cannot waste another 3 years there. But he also cannot make the mistake of going to a loathsome franchise like PIT or CIN, for instance. He has some tough decisions to make, so hoping for the best outcome which ideally gets him a starting gig.

icsept

Master
The bottom line is Toby should, and most likely will go to the team that offers the best contract. There's no guarantee when it comes to playing time, no matter what an organization says. He needs to get paid, and hopefully the playing time will come.

Status
Not open for further replies.