This Weekend’s Fights

Bunnyman

Guru
We have Jon Duddy (vs. Anthony Bonsante), Brian Minto (vs. Luan Krasniqi)and Vinny Maddalone (vs. Holyfield) this weekend.

I'm hoping Minto and Vinny can pull the upsets.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
It would be nice if Maddalone upsets Holyfield - if Vinny wins, Holyfield will likely retire.

Edited by: JD1986

JD074

Master
Along with those fights, here are a few more on Saturday:

Wladimir Sidorenko vs. Ricardo Cordoba
Alexander Dimitrenko vs. Danny Batchelder
Egon Roth vs. Rick Zufall
Taras Bidenko vs. Fernely Feliz

Those are all on the Krasniqi/ Minto card.

And Joey Abell will fight as well (on another card.)

These are mostly young heavyweights so it's okay if nobody's heard of them!
smiley36.gif

Edited by: JD074

Alpha Male

Mentor
Are these fights ppv or HBO? I guess you can always watch them on Youtube after they're over. The Klitscko/Austin fight is on Youtube now!
smiley32.gif

JD074

Master
John Duddy defeated Bonsante. The fight was stopped after the ninth round due to a cut over Bonsante's eye. It was due to an unintentional headbutt so they went to the scorecards and Duddy was way ahead. Andy Lee won as well, KO in the 3rd round. One writer described it as a "Knockout of the Year" candidate!

Krasniqi defeated Minto, unanimous decision.

Edited by: JD074

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
In other fights today, Ukrainian boxers did well. Wladimir Sidorenko kept his WBA featherweight title with a draw against his challenger, Ricardo Cordoba.

One of the best young heavyweights, Alexander Dimitrenko, improved to 25-0 with a 7th round TKO of his opponent Danny Batchelder. Dimitrenko reminds me of Vitali Klitschko, because of his height and great punching power.
Edited by: JD1986

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Evander Holyfield used his infamous "third glove", his illegal head butt, to cut Vinnie Maddalone in the first round last night. The cut worsened by the third round, so the fight was stopped, and Holyfield won. The head butt was ruled "unintentional"??!!

Remember when Tyson bit Holyfield's ear? Tyson said he did it in retaliation to Holyfield's head butts. Several of Holyfield's wins, such as the one over Rahman, have been directly the result of his "third glove". He relies on it, like Sam Peter relies on his illegal "rabbit punches".

I feel bad for Vinnie - he's a clean fighter and deserved a better fate. Edited by: JD1986

Poacher

Mentor
JD1986 said:
Evander Holyfield used his infamous "third glove", his illegal head butt, to cut Vinnie Maddalone in the first round last night. The cut worsened by the third round, so the fight was stopped, and Holyfield won. The head butt was ruled "unintentional"??!!

Remember when Tyson bit Holyfield's ear? Tyson said he did it in retaliation to Holyfield's head butts. Several of Holyfield's wins, such as the one over Rahman, have been directly the result of his "third glove". He relies on it, like Sam Peter relies on his illegal "rabbit punches".

I feel bad for Vinnie - he's a clean fighter and deserved a better fate.

Holyfield says that he is ready for a title shot now. PFFFFT. Feed him to Vlad and watch him get beaten into rehab to re-learn how to use a knife and fork.