The Trumpening?

werewolf

Hall of Famer
The Populist Party was well-organized and fast-growing for a number of years until it was subverted. Since we weren't interested in "costumes" and had a great platform and a number of capable leaders, it was ignored by the media when it existed except when it was smeared, which makes it all but impossible to find accurate information about it now as it existed pre-internet.

In 1990, the Populist Party had balloted candidates in every region of the country, and they averaged 8% of the vote against Dems and Repubs, more than respectable for a "third" party in a closed political system. In New Jersey that year we had candidates running for the House of Representatives in every congressional district.

So that explains it. And, yes, I was hanging out in New Jersey a lot at the time.

Westside

Hall of Famer
I do remember that one. You are, I believe, speaking of the time I was staying at the house of a friend of mine who was a pretty high profile sports med doctor in Manhattan. Great guy. He treated movie stars and other famous people. The injuries he dealt with most frequently was necks and backs. I do remember him sitting in his easy chair complaining to his wife that his back hurt. Ha ha. But they don't really know how to fix backs. Yeah, tell me about it. I remember sitting there in Brooklyn, I think it was, in a Workmans Comp hearing room with him. The supplicants would go ostentatiously limping by and he told me to look at the heels of their shoes. He could tell by doing that that they were faking it because they were worn evenly. He kept a gun strapped under his desk in case someone didn't want to pay the bill. He could slip it out in a split second. He had this big mirror next to his desk. I told him I didn't like to look at myself in it because I made myself nervous looking at myself with those shifty beady eyes looking back at me. He said that he can tell psychos because they kept looking at their reflection in the mirror, so I passed that test ha ha!
LMFAO!! Yeah, I think you posted that the doctor passed away. Funny stuff.

werewolf

Hall of Famer
The Populist Party was well-organized and fast-growing for a number of years until it was subverted. Since we weren't interested in "costumes" and had a great platform and a number of capable leaders, it was ignored by the media when it existed except when it was smeared, which makes it all but impossible to find accurate information about it now as it existed pre-internet.

In 1990, the Populist Party had balloted candidates in every region of the country, and they averaged 8% of the vote against Dems and Repubs, more than respectable for a "third" party in a closed political system. In New Jersey that year we had candidates running for the House of Representatives in every congressional district.

You're a good man. Trump should pick you for his running mate.

Surprising how little I could find on the Populist Party. Best I could find were smear jobs. Some names I haven't heard in a long time: Bo Gritz. Tom Valentine...

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Sanders endorsed Clinton - probably the funniest thing in this election cycle. Clinton supposedly represented everything Sanders rallied against but he sold out and went against his supposed firm convictions to endorse a connected globalist politician who also happens to be a criminal. Personally I enjoy hearing about all the idiotic Sanders supporters either rationalizing the move or who are totally upset by it. Both groups are idiots!

davidholly

Mentor
3extaL.png

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Can't say I'm happy with the decision. If he wanted to go inside the beltway, Jeff Sessions would have been my choice. I'm sure the thinking was to get a guy from the Midwest rust belt to bolster those states. Makes sense.

However, if Pence is a typical neocon / cuckservative, then it increases the odds of an assassination attempt. When Reagan allowed George Bush to be forced onto his ticket, he set himself up for them to take an attempt on his life. Any real reform and rollback Reagan could have achieved died when he allowed the odious, globalist villain Bush to usurp power and influence.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Of the "finalists," Pence was the best choice other than maybe the retired general Michael Flynn, who seems to favor a common sense approach to foreign policy unlike the crazed neo-conservatives who are itching to start WWIII.

I do like that all the contenders were White men. White men seem to comprise all of Trump's inner circle as well along with a few White women and his wife and daughter. Quite a contrast to the usual scenario in politics, sports, the media, etc., where blacks are constantly wildly over-represented compared to their small percentage of the population. Trump continues to be implicitly pro-White, or at least not anti-White.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Of the "finalists," Pence was the best choice other than maybe the retired general Michael Flynn, who seems to favor a common sense approach to foreign policy unlike the crazed neo-conservatives who are itching to start WWIII.

I do like that all the contenders were White men. White men seem to comprise all of Trump's inner circle as well along with a few White women and his wife and daughter. Quite a contrast to the usual scenario in politics, sports, the media, etc., where blacks are constantly wildly over-represented compared to their small percentage of the population. Trump continues to be implicitly pro-White, or at least not anti-White.

He was apparently considering Condeleeza Rice but she turned him down. I don't know how much truth there is to it though. From what I hear, Pence was the "safest" pick with no dirt on him. Gingrich and Christie just had too much baggage.

Flint

Mentor
Pence is a classic VP pick. Very little baggage to rock the boat and drive people away, yet enough positives to bring something to the table. As Don mentioned he was the best of the finalists and a lot better then what could have been picked. Pence unfortunately will always remind me of the classic cuckservative, his vetoing of a religious protection law that he supported due to pressure from the **** and their fans was one of the most cowardly political surrenders in memory. Classic religious conservative, he is too weak to conserve anything worth conserving.

His name will always remind me of the comment from Peter Brimelow at VDARE when Pence made his craven cowardly surrender to the moral perverts his God stands against, he likened his actions to: "watching a fairly contemptible, but nonetheless warm-blooded and therefore in some sense sympathetic, animal—say a jackal—seized by the snout and dragged by a singularly repellent reptile to a horrible death." For Pence, like nearly all politicians of course, there is no surrender too cowardly that will not be rewarded. When Trump is impeached or if he loses, at the next election cycle this warm blooded jackal will be there with his wimpy Christianity ready to surrender again.

Quiet Speed

Mentor
Hold on, Pence may not be a done deal.

Quiet Speed

Mentor
Hold on, Pence may not be a done deal.

Well, I held out a little hope that Pence was not the choice. But Trump has announced via tweeter that he is indeed the man.

Westside

Hall of Famer
Another reason for the Pence move is to rally suspicious conservative types to the ticket. I hope it works. Now he and Trump and other surrogates need to hammer clinton on her non stop lies regarding the server and her failing as Secretary of State.

Quiet Speed

Mentor
I bet the Donald is burning up right now. Don't mess with Melania. Speech writer(s) lift a few sentences from M. Obama's 2008 convention speech and insert into Melania's. Sheer stupidity or an act of sabotage, the other side is having a field day. I enjoyed the speech for the most part from the stunning lady. Let her speak again, that will give something they didn't bargain for.

Westside

Hall of Famer
Donald Trump Jr. for President in 2024! What a terrific speech he gave, a great message and even better delivery.
His best line, "Hillary Clinton would be the first presidential candidate who could not pass a back ground check!" LOL. Much like obama, who confessed to snorting cocaine in his bitch ass book and associating with convicted felons (Bill Ayers and Bernadine Dorn), would be disqualified as a cop, FBI agent or CIA operative. But hey he was black and could deliver proper English in such a way. LOL

Westside

Hall of Famer
Trump's successful grown children is a real testament to him. All great successful people and all great looking. All the F'ing ugly libs and angry minorities must really feel like sh*t. LOL I love it.

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
In order to "tell it like it is" in mainstream American politics, Trump DNA is a necessity...

To contrast the great speech of Trump's son, how sickening was that Indian Sikh woman performing a prayer during the RNC last night? Do these dim-witted NeoCons really think that this overt, embarrassing form of racial/religious pandering is going to sway non-whites into voting for The Donald? All non-whites are Democrats, and the 1/2 of 1% that aren't live in major metropolitan areas where a handful of Republican votes won't matter anyway...

Where are all the protestors? It was far worse in places like California, Arizona, and New Mexico. The one's who turned out for the Trump's RNC nomination are just sign-holding pussies...

ap162006410752101.jpg

Perhaps they're waiting for Donald's big speech on Thursday to cause havoc?

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Thrashen, google trump protesters attacked. There is a video on Youtube that I watched yesterday. Mexcrement was simply kicking the crap out of Trump supporters for no reason.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member