The future of South African Rugby - A comparison

SneakyQuick

Mentor

Interesting that in a nation that has only ten percent whites, and 15 percent white/black mixed racial heritage, the bulk of the players on this list fall into one of those two categories.

It’s absolutely astounding that countries like South Africa and Tanzania have whiter squads than an NFL all pro team.

Arguably the freer flowing nature of the game means there is less scripting from coaches and individual creativity and adaptation matter more.

I follow the channel that posted this on YouTube and they have a fair amount of interesting content.

Logos5

Guru

Interesting that in a nation that has only ten percent whites, and 15 percent white/black mixed racial heritage, the bulk of the players on this list fall into one of those two categories.

It’s absolutely astounding that countries like South Africa and Tanzania have whiter squads than an NFL all pro team.

Arguably the freer flowing nature of the game means there is less scripting from coaches and individual creativity and adaptation matter more.

I follow the channel that posted this on YouTube and they have a fair amount of interesting content.
I actually saw the South Africa vs New Zealand 15 man squad lineup, and they both had like 9-10 white men on their squads, i think most rugby squads are 60 percent and above whites

SneakyQuick

Mentor
Also interesting that whites and blacks don’t seem caste into specific positions as in American football, (unless I’m missing something, I’m only discovering rugby as a sport in the last year or so).

Logos5

Guru

SneakyQuick

Mentor

14 of the top 20 best rugby players in the world right now are white, it is a very white dominated sport
Great article. Thank you

I just find rugby fascinating because it’s such a physical sport and yet there are tons of great white and non black players involved in it and starting in it world wide. To be sure there are great black players too but it’s not remotely as black dominated as American football is.

In its own way it’s a bit of a validation that “the best players play” is a joke in American football.

Logos5

Guru
Great article. Thank you

I just find rugby fascinating because it’s such a physical sport and yet there are tons of great white and non black players involved in it and starting in it world wide. To be sure there are great black players too but it’s not remotely as black dominated as American football is.

In its own way it’s a bit of a validation that “the best players play” is a joke in American football.
Its funny how NFL is supposedly 'dominated' by blacks, but a sports thats 80-90 percent similar to NFL, and all of a sudden, whites are dominating that, crazy how maybe, whites are just better at physical sports and have better game iq to win the games, and it shows where whiter friendly teams tend to make it to playoffs

SneakyQuick

Mentor
Well dominated in terms of numbers of players on the teams. Just to be clear. There are certainly a lot of good black football players but an 80 percent black nfl doesnt make much sense.

Logos5

Guru
Oh I'm not saying there arent black players that arent good, on the contrary, there are definitely black rugby players that actually deserve to be on the teams that they are a part of, even if they aren’t natively from there, because NRL is an infinitely more meritocratic sport compared to NFL, and also a lot less rigged, and in a physical sport like that, White men make up anywhere from 60-70 percent of the best players and 80+ percent of the overall rugby players demographic. Whites have the intelligence needed to make good plays, and physiologically, Whites tend to have the longer torso, and the shorter arms along with Type-1 fibres that allow for endurance and strength, skills that are desperately needed in rugby

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Oh I'm not saying there arent black players that arent good, on the contrary, there are definitely black rugby players that actually deserve to be on the teams that they are a part of, even if they aren’t natively from there, because NRL is an infinitely more meritocratic sport compared to NFL, and also a lot less rigged, and in a physical sport like that, White men make up anywhere from 60-70 percent of the best players and 80+ percent of the overall rugby players demographic. Whites have the intelligence needed to make good plays, and physiologically, Whites tend to have the longer torso, and the shorter arms along with Type-1 fibres that allow for endurance and strength, skills that are desperately needed in rugby

Do you also think that the European soccer leagues are suffering the same fate as American basketball and football? Soccer in Europe was a tool to usher in the "great replacement" just as the major sports in America were used as a tool to do the same thing over here.

I am assuming you are European or South African.

Logos5

Guru
Do you also think that the European soccer leagues are suffering the same fate as American basketball and football? Soccer in Europe was a tool to usher in the "great replacement" just as the major sports in America were used as a tool to do the same thing over here.
It is definetly happening, I see more blacks in positions they really aren't that good at, and I see white offensives and defensives outplay them by a mile, but as we know, the muh upside supporting cunts will always have thier excuses
I am assuming you are European or South African.
I am half dutch, half boer of irish descent living in australia