Sunday Nov 20

G

White Shogun said:
jody, if you're going to engage me in a conversation, you need to pay better attention.

I didn't say that you should *not* ascertain whether a player is or is not white. I said that YOU seem to be more interested in racial descent than other members on this site.

hey dude: you're a moron. that's really all there is to it. this is site is about one thing and one thing only. RACE in football. race is the only thing we are talking about here. it's all the matters on this web site.

it's completely, absolutely, critically important that you know each and every players race to a high degree of confidence, otherwise you can't make any kind of argument about them.

i have no idea how you could see it any other way. you are only arguing about this because you are losing an argument.

anybody else can see how it is imperative, how it is critical, indeed, how it underpins the entire web site that we know the race of any player under discussion.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
jody, its hilarious that you cannot even pick out ONE thing to try and illustrate your point, and in the same moment, resort to name-calling again. You're not even commenting about something I said, you are arguing with YOURSELF. This is what is known as a straw man argument.

You have no comment about changing your stance on whether Hispanic is a race or not.

You have no comment regarding our agreement that neither Gonzalez or Castillo is white.

It seems to me that you are *still* not paying attention. Or you're ignoring the argument, resorting to ad hominem attacks because you can't find a better way to address ideas posted specifically in response to things you've written.

I actually find you and your posts entertaining, in the 'hey look at the clown on the unicycle' sort of way.

G

White Shogun said:
jody, its hilarious that you cannot even pick out ONE thing to try and illustrate your point

which point? that castillo is not white? now you agree? that's all you had to say. you could have done that on the first page by either:

1) posting nothing about him, to tacitly agree with me
or
2) posting to agree with me and saying that yes, he is not white

White Shogun said:
You're not even commenting about something I said

i guess technically you are correct. you haven't said anything with any point in this entire discussion.

i am interested in discrimination against WHITE players in the NFL. are you? what possible reason could you have to care about whether i correctly pointed out that luis castillo is not white? unless you were upset that you've already lost a few arguments with me. or unless you are less interested in discrimination against WHITE players than you are in being anti-black.

White Shogun said:
You have no comment about changing your stance on whether Hispanic is a race or not.

i never said it was a race. maybe you have a link to that. i do remember an argument about anthropology that you lost.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
jody said:
this is site is about one thing and one thing only. RACE in football. race is the only thing we are talking about here. it's all the matters on this web site.

it's completely, absolutely, critically important that you know each and every players race to a high degree of confidence, otherwise you can't make any kind of argument about them.

it is critical, indeed, how it underpins the entire web site that we know the race of any player under discussion.

Let me correct what you have stated. It is not so important for castefootball to know the race of a player as to have a good idea what *other* people consider him to be. If he is considered "white" then it becomes less important what race he actually is because his performance will effect the image peope have of white athletes. If he is considered to be non-white then generally whatever athleticism he has will be credited to that non-white part of him.

We have had this discussion before. Someone like Johny Damon is considered white by most people so we support him here whilst someone like Derek Jeter is considered non-white so there is no reason for us to support him.

Manu Ginobili is considered "hispanic" merely because he comes from South America but his family is pure Italian. Some would argue that he is non-white which would be absurd.

I am of the opinion that we should support those "hispanic" players who appear to be decended from Spainards (EUROPEANS!) not africans or native americans. Keith Hernandez and Rafy Palmeiro come to mind.

However technically I think that any athlete that is a significant part white should be supported here, but that is the choice of the individual. Note that there is no "official policy" on this matter.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Not that you don't really know in which thread this argument took place, here it is anyway: Tony G. thread

As for your comment that
i am interested in discrimination against WHITE players in the NFL
perhaps you inadvertently said it best. You ARE interested in discrimination AGAINST white players, i.e. you would like to see more of it, not less. I can only think this is the case because of the decidely anti-white stance you take in other forums on this board. If you do not want to see more anti-white bias in sports, then you must be of the opinion that the only way whites can compete with blacks is through some type of athletic affirmative action, again, given the tenor of your posts on this forum and others.

Edited by: White Shogun

JD074

Master
Castillo may not be white, but he sure does have a lot of European ancestry. That's plain to see. He's a mutt, but a swarthy, white-looking one.

G

White Shogun said:
Not that you don't really know in which thread this argument took place, here it is anyway: Tony G. thread

here are your quotes from that thread:

"So although Tony Gonzalez is Hispanic, his racial phenotype is 'caucasoid.' Or, white.

I know, not exactly what we mean when we use "white" on this board, which is generally meant as of European, or more particularly, northern European, origin, but there are many, many people on the planet who are not European but are "White", and consider themselves to be "white."

gonzalez is not white nor is he caucasian. so why did you say he that he was?

you also cannot quote me saying that hispanics are a race because i never did.Edited by: jody

White_Savage

Mentor
Well, you know me, I'm not mindlessly ethnocentric. The Middle Easterners and Indians I've worked with, My jujitsu instructor's Chinese wife, the Japanese teachers I've had in martial arts, they're all recognizably human. Maybe a little different, but their peoples were all capable of inventing the wheel, metal, writing and societies that don't spiral into anarchistic chaos given half a chance. Why quibble too much over a skin tone or an angle of an eye? Why shouldn't I like it when ANY shade of human is competing well with the bestials they draft into human sports?

To fail to support fine intelligent human athletes just because they were named Chang or Gomez, or Abdullah, now that WOULD be mindlessly racist.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Aaron Kampman had a great MNF game against Minnesota -- 2 sacks, 4 tackles, 3 assists, 1 forced fumble and 1 pass defensed. He's a very solid DE who deserved to finally get some national recognition.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
He shocked my tonight Don. I didn't realize Green Bay started a white defensive player! He was the first in the lineup announced on TV. It was good to see him tearing it up, even if I only watched the first two drives.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
jody, jody, jody:

You're still not paying attention. If you had read through that thread and my post you would see that I said I DO NOT THINK TONY GONZALEZ IS "WHITE". READ THAT THREAD ALL THE WAY THROUGH. GO BACK TO THE WIKIPEDIA ARTICLES. GO BACK TO THE POST WHERE YOU DISAGREED WITH ME WHEN I SAID HISPANIC IS NOT A RACE.

GO BACK, YOUNG PADUWAN, GO BACK.

NOT YET IS YOUR TIME. MUCH STUDY YOU NEED.

As for the rest of the nonsense that dribbles from your keyboard, one slow-pecking finger at a time, I will let White Savage speak:

To fail to support fine intelligent human athletes just because they were named Chang or Gomez, or Abdullah, now that WOULD be mindlessly racist.

Thank you. Thank you for coming. See ya!
smiley32.gif

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Man, you guys are really going at it. I haven't seen such back and forth since blackman, or whatever his name was, was on the site for a whole 3 days!
smiley36.gif

backrow

Hall of Famer
jody, once again... i will occasionaly mention other minority players be that of polynesian, chinese, korean or south american descent because most of them have to deal with the same issues as white players and i am here to defend players that are considered lesser than for example a black race...
those are my guys that caught my attention and that i would like to give some accolade...
just because i think they deserver it, ok?

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Backrow, you don't have to defend or explain anything. Who you or anyone chooses to root for isa matter of personal preferenceand everyone here respects that -- except the one person who doesn't agree with our critique of the Caste System.
smiley5.gif