Sunday Nov 20

backrow

Hall of Famer
Offense:
Mike Alstott, 8 yards and a TD for Bucs

Heath Evans, FB Patriots: 16 rushes for 74 yards (longets was 20) and 2 catches for 21 yards, yet another good game!

Matt Jones, WR Jaguars: 3-46 and a TD

Jeremy Schockey, TE Giants: 1 catch for a yard and a TD

Chris Cooley, TE/FB Redskins: 5 catches for 74 yards,
team high

Drew Bennett, WR Titans: 6-55

Kyle Brady, TE JAguars: 3-43 and a TD

Kevin Curtis, WR Rams: 9-98 including a 26 yarder for a TD

Adam Bergen, TE Arizona: 4-35 rec and a TD

Zach Hilton, TE Saints: breakout game for this young tightend, he is 6'8, 270, can catch and run! 6 catches for 72 yards and if it wasnt for one drop he would have led the team in receptions and yards

Dallas Clark, TE Colts: huge game by Dallas, with 6 catches for 125 yards including a huge 56 yarder when he shook off a defender and then got all the way to 6 yard line and another 21 yarder for a score; he also could have had another if it wasnt for interference that caused him to drop a ball; that was his third 100 yard game of a career and also highest he ever had (other two were for 100 and 112 yards respectively)

Joe Jurevivius, WR Seattle: 4-40

Brandon Stokley, WR Colts: 2-40

Defense:
Keith Brooking, MLB Atlanta: 5 tackles and 1 interception

Nick Greisen, LB Giants: 5 tackles

Stuart Scweigert, SS Raiders: 6 tackles, team high

Rob Meier, DE Jaguars: 3 tackles and a sack

Kyle VanDen Bosch: 4 tackles a sack and forced fumble

Mike Furrey, FS Rams: 7 tackles, team high

Brandon Green, DE Rams: 3 tackles a sack and a forced fumble

Clint Kriewaldt, LB Steelers: 7 tackles

Colby Bockwoldt, LB Saints: led the team with 7 tackles, also had a fumble recovery

Mike Vrabel, LB Patriots: 8 solo tackles, team high plus 1 TD catch for a yard!

Jon McGraw, FS Lions: finally given the chance by Lions
responded well by getting 7 solo tackles in his first start for Detroit, also had a fumble recovery

Matt Stewart, LB Browns: had a tackle and an interception

Derek Smith, LB 49ers: 6 solo tackles

Brandon Chillar, LB Rams: 5 solo tackles

John Lynch, FS Broncos: had 2 tackles and a interception

Luis Castillo, DE Chargers: 4 tackles a sack and a forced fumble

Matt Wilhelm, LB Chargers: 3 tackles and an interception

Justin Smith, DE Bengals: 3 tackles and a sack

Nate Kaeding, K Chargers: was credited with 2(!) tackles
smiley36.gif

Edited by: backrow

GWTJ

Mentor
On the downside Adam Archuleta left in the 1st quarter with a concussion and Marc Bulger also got hurt.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
McGraw also recovered a fumble.

I don't really consider that a big deal as it is mostly just being in the right place at the right time (unless you are the one that caused it) but the media mouths always make a big deal of it as if there is some sort of magical aura that surounds a player and causes the ball to come to him.

They always cite a black player as being a "playmaker" if a bouncing ball lands in his hands or a deflected pass comes right to him so I think it important for us to make a big deal of Jon McGraw RECOVING A FUMBLE! WHAT A PLAYMAKER! ALWAYS IN THE RIGHT PLACE AT THE RIGHT TIME! HE HAS THAT SOMETHING SPECIAL! THEY NEED TO FIND A PLACE FOR THIS KID TO PLAY MORE!

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Don't forget that Mike Vrabel scored a TD!
smiley32.gif

backrow

Hall of Famer
GWTJ said:
On the downside Adam Archuleta left in the 1st quarter with a concussion and Marc Bulger also got hurt.

yeah... also our usual suspects like Dan Morgan and Brian Urlacher didnt have good games either... same goes for TEs Heap and Miller (you can blame QBs in their cases though...)

edited first post after 4:15 ET gamesEdited by: backrow

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Mike McMahon had a good game in a losing effort for the Eagles replacing McNabb.

18-39, 298 yds, 1 TD, 1 INT, 9 Rush, 31 yds, 1 TD

backrow

Hall of Famer
Dan Morgan injured his ankle in first quarter... it's a shame that this great linebacker can't stay healthy... i just hope it isnt serious

Bart

Hall of Famer
jaxvid said:
Mike McMahon had a good game in a losing effort for the Eagles replacing McNabb.

18-39, 298 yds, 1 TD, 1 INT, 9 Rush, 31 yds, 1 TD

Jaxvid, how did McMahon look out there? I read that he had a nice TD run but haven't seen any tape. His completion % wasn't great but he did manage to throw for nearly 300 yds. What are the Philly fans thinking about his game?

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Vick was 5th on the list of passing leaders today, 21/38, 306 yds, 2 TDS, 0 INT.

Mike McMahon was 6th on the list with the stats Jax posted earlier, 18/39,298 yds, 1 TD, 1 INT.

But check out their rushing stats:

Vick 4 ATT, 17 YDS, 0 TD, 1 FUM
McMahon 9 ATT, 31 YDS, 1 TD, 0 FUM

Vick will get all kinds of cred for his improvement as a passing quarterback, despite the loss, whereas McMahon will get little credit for a great performance in his loss. In all liklihood, there will be little mention that McMahon is a great athlete who can pass AND run, only that he is a sub for McNabb and couldn't get the Eagles a win.

smiley7.gif

backrow

Hall of Famer
White Shogun said:
Vick was 5th on the list of passing leaders today, 21/38, 306 yds, 2 TDS, 0 INT.

Mike McMahon was 6th on the list with the stats Jax posted earlier, 18/39,298 yds, 1 TD, 1 INT.

But check out their rushing stats:

Vick 4 ATT, 17 YDS, 0 TD, 1 FUM
McMahon 9 ATT, 31 YDS, 1 TD, 0 FUM

Vick will get all kinds of cred for his improvement as a passing quarterback, despite the loss, whereas McMahon will get little credit for a great performance in his loss. In all liklihood, there will be little mention that McMahon is a great athlete who can pass AND run, only that he is a sub for McNabb and couldn't get the Eagles a win.

smiley7.gif

i gotta give Vick his due, as much as i hate him... his passing game was way better than i've seen from him so far... and that was playing my Bucs, good defense
smiley11.gif
he still had a costly fumble, game turning play by Brooks... he moved around well enough to avoid many more sacks although he was limited to 17 rushing yards...

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
backrow, I agree with you. Much to my chagrin Vick played a good game today, had more than adequate stats as a quarterback, which after five years in the league he should have surpassed a long time ago (see Carson Palmer, et al)

My point though was that McMAHON did just as good a job, if not better, in his overall perfomance today but will get little credit, if any, for his level of play as a scrub backup to McNabb. I mean, he was actually listed as 3rd string behind Detmer before last week! And he hasn't been playing regularly, as a starting quarterback, with all the help and assistance that comes with the position, for the last five years, like Vick.

Both of these guys can continue to play the same way the rest of the year. Vick will be praised, a formal announcement will be made that he has finally 'arrived' as an NFL passing quarterback, and he will be an NFL icon for decades to come.

McMahon will go back to being McNabb's backup.

backrow

Hall of Famer
yeah i know what you're saying Shogun... at least CBS gives McMahon some credit:
"With third-string quarterback Mike McMahon playing a gutsy game in place of injured Donovan McNabb, the Eagles (4-6) trailed 20-17 in the fourth quarter after McMahon's 1-yard touchdown run. Earlier in the drive, he juked and jived a La McNabb on a 12-yard run on third down to keep the drive alive, leaving several Giants defenders clutching at air."

Bart

Hall of Famer
I was hoping McMahon would do well in spite of less than desirable circumstances.

From Cris Carter's column the other day:I don't expect much from McMahon. I'm sure he'll run around a little bit, but he won't be patient enough to sit in the pocket against a Giants defense that has been outstanding. Philly will have to make some plays down the field. This is not the game you want to be starting a third-string quarterback, though, because the Eagles don't have many weapons.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Bart said:
Jaxvid, how did McMahon look out there? I read that he had a nice TD run but haven't seen any tape. His completion % wasn't great but he did manage to throw for nearly 300 yds. What are the Philly fans thinking about his game?

I didn't see him play but wished I had, he is one of the most exciting players to watch. It's like with Vick, he may make a lot of mistakes but dang it sure is fun to watch it happen. It's a shame that the caste system prevents people from seeing more of him and others like him.

I don't know about the Philly fans but I travel to Philly a lot and the people there are totally into the caste system mentality. They have had black QB's for years and Alan Iverson is a local hero too so...well what more needs to be said? I'm sure they are ripping McMahon because he didn't win.

backrow

Hall of Famer
jody said:
castillo is not white.

wow another one... he is of Hispanic descent which is pretty white to me...
then again this is my player tracker and i might put some of my favourite players in regardless of the race, especially minority players...

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
castillo is not white.

Here we go again.

You seem more interested in figuring out who is white, or more accurately, who ISN'T white, than many of the actual supporters of white athletes on this site.

238183.jpg

sports_castillo.jpg

Luis is fluent in Spanish. He was born in Brooklyn, New York and moved to the Dominican Republic with his mother, Maria, when he was a child. He returned to the States when he was 5, and the family settled in New Jersey. Luis' mother is his inspiration. She was raised in a small village in the Dominican that had no running water or electricity and few educational opportunities. Today, she runs a multimillion dollar company in New York that imports hair care products from the Dominican Republic.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
You guys are forgeting about Dallas Clark of the Colts.He had 6 catches for 125 yards and a touchdown today.He should be used alot more frequently.Just like Stokley,he is having a off year but it is not his fault.Hopefully in the playoffs,Manning will throw to both of them more.The Colts are now 10-0!Amazing.

foreverfree

Mentor
jaxvid said:
[The Eagles] have had black QB's for years

Going back to Johnnie "Johnboy" Walton from Elizabeth City State (NC), who warmed the pine for Jaworski in the late 70's/early 80's before jumping to the USFL's Boston Breakers IIRC.

John

G

backrow said:
wow another one... he is of Hispanic descent which is pretty white to me...
then again this is my player tracker and i might put some of my favourite players in regardless of the race, especially minority players...

hispanic is not a race. if you can prove he is a spaniard then you could say he is white. otherwise he's not.

G

White Shogun said:
Here we go again.

You seem more interested in figuring out who is white, or more accurately, who ISN'T white, than many of the actual supporters of white athletes on this site.

in case you weren't sure, it matters whether or not a player is white, for purposes of this web site. i guess you missed that.

you gave no evidence that castillo is a spaniard. only that he comes from the dominican republic, which makes it about 90% certain he is mixed race or not white at all. just like tony gonzalez.

edit: there is plenty of evidence he is not white, if you research his case on the internet.Edited by: jody

Bear-Arms

Mentor
Even if he's a Spaniard he could have significant Moor or Sephardic blood.

Spanish art

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
jody said:
White Shogun said:
Here we go again.

in case you weren't sure, it matters whether or not a player is white, for purposes of this web site. i guess you missed that.

you gave no evidence that castillo is a spaniard. only that he comes from the dominican republic, which makes it about 90% certain he is mixed race or not white at all. just like tony gonzalez.

edit: there is plenty of evidence he is not white, if you research his case on the internet.

jody, if you're going to engage me in a conversation, you need to pay better attention.

I didn't say that you should *not* ascertain whether a player is or is not white. I said that YOU seem to be more interested in racial descent than other members on this site.

In your particular case, you seem to want to make sure that no mixed, mulatto, or hispanic player that plays WELL is not listed as white, whereas if one of such lineage plays poorly I doubt you would care if someone here 'mistakenly' assumes that player is white.

If you ever did read any of my posts in the thread that mentioned Tony Gonzalez, you will find that I agreed with you - in my opinion Tony Gonzalez is not white, and likely appears to be at least half black.

Nor did I say that Castillo is "white." His looks give him the appearance of a swarthy German or dark Slav at best, if one were to insist that he is white. However, with a single mother from the Dominican Republic, combined with his not-so-light appearance, I'd say that he is, at most, half-white.

Oddly enough, I now find that YOU are arguing that "Hispanic" is NOT a race, which was my point from the very beginning! It was that very point that caused you to remark that I am an idiot and required further education in anthropology, if I remember correctly.

I'm glad that you have seen the error of your ways, jody. Its been a pleasure.
smiley36.gif