Silva-Liddell fight quashed

guest301

Hall of Famer
Silva doesn't feel so invincible anymore and Liddell is not a fighter you want to go up against when your confidence is lacking.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Silva supposedly signed to fight with the Brazilian equivalent of the IFL. They say even Lil' Nog, too.

Bear Backer

Mentor
I like both fighters, but I think Chuck could beat Silva inside the cage. Silva is not exactly the fighter he once was. He doesn't quite intimidate people like he once did. Chuck though has not been himself since he ran with the UFC title for so long. He got a little too big for his britches and started believing in his hype which is about the worst thing any athlete can do.

guest301

Hall of Famer
I just got a email bulletin from the UFC that Silva has been signed to a contract to fight in the UFC. So Liddell-Silva, Jackson-Silva should take place in the future.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Thanks for the heads-up, 301. I haven't been paying much attention to MMA at all recently, so this is news to me.

p.s. Let's not forget that Silva has already fought in the octagon, albeit years ago. Chuck might beat him in the cage, that's true, but it probably won't be because of the cage. Edited by: White Shogun

dkr77

Guru
I also believe Silva hasn't looked the same in a while and I'm curious about how many of the pride fighters may have been "juicing" during their competitions in Japan. As a side note - I know the chute box academy is well known for their fighters going "all out" in their sparring sessions and I personally believe that type of training, where people frequently get knocked unconscious, will shorten a person's career. The fact maybe that Silva has been involved in too many wars and is beginning to show the effects of it.

patriot

Guru
Silva is a very good fighter just watch the tape of the two victories he had over Rampage.

freedom1

Mentor
No one has fought as many tough fights as Vanderlei.

Fujita
Crocop 2x (and Mirko gave him one of the worse beatings I've ever seen in the 2nd fight)
Arona 2x
Rampage 2x (both all out wars)
Hunt
Henderson 2x
Sakuraba 4x
Yoshida
Kondo
Yvel
Metzger
Ortiz
Belfort

Combine this with the all the shoot academy sparring sessions (think shogun rua) and it's wonder this guy doesn't have brain damage (maybe he does). To this day, he'd fight anyone they put in front of him, a true warrior.