Senior Bowl

Gi-15

Mentor
Got those info from nfldraftcountdown.com

:- Jacob Hester
L.S.U.
Notes: Carries his weight well but was unimpressive.
- Peyton Hillis
Arkansas
Notes: Well-built and cut with huge arms.

- Owen Schmitt
West Virginia
Notes: Thick and strong with a big frame.

Scott Wright is quite a Caste biaised, but he is a good reporter overall.

Hester is only 5'10½, do that help him or not?

Its cool to see that he was impressed with hillis and schmitt

Gi-15

Mentor
- Jordy Nelson
Kansas St.
Notes: Looked rangy and really muscular.

smiley32.gif

Its amazing when you look at the RB measurements that they could say that Danny Woodhead is "too small". He is as big, or bigger then the majority of black Tailbacks in the game.

Gi-15

Mentor
Indeed, Forsett, Savage and Little are all same size and are all in the Top10 RBs rankings. You can include Hart into this. Forsett is a good runner with experience and production, but Savage is a former JUCO transfer who started for 1 and a half year and wasn't particularly productive. Little was replaced by Locke when he was hurt and Kentucky didn't miss a beat. Danny of course outproduced them all. I know he was playing at a lower competition level but still, he deserve some respect.

jared

Mentor
What is Woodhead's verified size though? All these guys like Forsett and Savage were all listed as bigger until they actually got weighed in at the Senior Bowl. Woodhead looks pretty small out there.

Gi-15

Mentor
Well, I do remeber him saying on an interview on some site I don't remember that he was 5'7½ .. which is still 2 inches taller than sproles

http://www.gbnreport.com/seniorbowlreport.htm

"Purdue WR <A rel=nofollow>Dorien Bryant</A> was real quick out of his breaks but Kansas State WR <A rel=nofollow>Jordy Nelson</A> was not and seemed to be doing everything a step slower than everyone else. On a positive note Nelson does adjust to the ball well."

Looks like the justification for ignoring this years draft eligible most productive WR has begun.

backrow

Hall of Famer
senior bowl practice notes from NFLdraftguys

"Jacob Hester, L.S.U. Very powerful. Great at picking his steps through the line and getting through trash. Will fit in as FB and RB in the pros. Runs with a great lean and gets behind his blockers without running up them, setting up a move when a crease opens.

Peyton Hillis, Arkansas Looked like a tailback between the tackles, flashing through the hole.

Tom Zbikowski, SS/PR, Notre Dame showed good instincts. Showed a lot of body control and fluid change of direction in drills, better than expected for a physical safety

Jordan Dizon, OLB, Colorado had a good day. Was often one of the first defenders in the hole and flowed the ball very well. Never seemed to guess wrong when picking the hole. "

more on Jacob Hester, this time from
Senior Bowl risers article on SI.com:

"Jacob Hester/RB-FB/LSU: Hester lacks the dominant speed yet made up for it with tough, smart play today. He displays terrific running vision and hits the hole with authority. Hester also made several nice receptions in the scrimmage."

and also from SI.com, high praise for another riser, Jordy Nelson:

"Jordy Nelson, WR, Kansas State: Nelson is drawing comparisons to Anthony Gonzalez, the Colts' first-round pick from last year. He's a natural receiver with a terrific head on his shoulders. Nelson made a number of deep receptions today."Edited by: backrow

itsme

Guru
According to Scott Wright, he still sucks
smiley11.gif

He must have slept with his wife.
smiley36.gif

- Kansas St. receiver Jordy Nelson made a couple of nice catches in traffic but still seems to be just a step slower than everyone else. I will be shocked if he runs under a 4.5 forty based on what I've seen this week.

jared

Mentor
Just depends on where you get your info. Every other place I've read stuff has been more positive. Some people just don't know what they're talking about. His scouting report describes Jordy as "more quick than fast" and "won't stretch the field vertically".
smiley29.gif

Mike

Guru
jared said:
Just depends on where you get your info. Every other place I've read stuff has been more positive. Some people just don't know what they're talking about. His scouting report describes Jordy as "more quick than fast" and "won't stretch the field vertically".
smiley29.gif

Nelson is more fast than quick. If you can't see that your an idiot, as apparently that guy is.

Heath Benedict is one of my new favorite players. Anyone who knocks down a couple of affletes is a guy who obviously has confidence in himself. I hope his draft stock continues to rise.

"It was also a much better day for Newberry OT Heath Benedict who used his size and strength to much better effect on Wednesday. Benedict in fact literally knocked down Mississippi State DE Titus Brown with one 'punch', then did the same to Hampton DE Kendall Langford. That was a continuation of some bad blood between the two from Tuesday and they ended up going toe-to-toe with some wild haymakers before coaches intervened."

Source: Colin Lindsay at GreatBlueNorth.com

Edited by: reclaimsocal

nhl411

Guru
guys check out the link to nfldraftguys on draftdaddy, its the first link on the blog right now...talks about hester as "very powerful" and does a great job picking through the trash and finding a hole..could fit at fullback or runningback easily. Peyton Hillis they said looks like a tailback and "flashes through the hole". Jordy Nelson they said gained separation on like every play.

whiteCB

Master
itsme said:
According to Scott Wright, he still sucks
smiley11.gif

He must have slept with his wife.
smiley36.gif

- Kansas St. receiver Jordy Nelson made a couple of nice catches in traffic but still seems to be just a step slower than everyone else. I will be shocked if he runs under a 4.5 forty based on what I've seen this week.

I guess dumbass Scot Wright forgot that Jordy was a Kansas state track champ in high school. DUH!!! I hope Jordy runs a 4.4 flat and shuts everybody the f*ck up!!

Here is the scoop from Great Blue North....

"Jordy Nelson of K-State also fought off a case of the butterfingers early in the week to emerge as a decent underneath target, but lacks the quickness of the other top receivers."

He manages to hit two cliches in one sentence.

jared

Mentor
I distinctly remember a site saying on Wednesday (3rd day of practice) that Jordy Nelson "finally dropped a pass". It wasn't a very good pass either. So I don't know what the hell this clown is talking about. He mentions Jordy as having a case of the butterfingers. That's a good one.

This is his comment from Wednesday

"Nice comeback days today for Big XII receivers Adarius Bowman of Oklahoma State and Kansas State's Jordy Nelson, both of whom made a number of solid receptions in traffic although neither got open deep."

This is his comment from Tuesday

"Today's North practice didn't really emphasize the pass, but receivers Adarius Bowman of Oklahoma State and Jordy Nelson of Kansas State had bounce back performances of sort this morning although neither caught anything downfield."

This is his comment from Monday

"Purdue WR <A rel=nofollow>Dorien Bryant</A> was real quick out of his breaks but Kansas State WR <A rel=nofollow>Jordy Nelson</A> was not and seemed to be doing everything a step slower than everyone else. On a positive note Nelson does adjust to the ball well."

Its amazing to me that he never was able to come out and say anything positive about Nelson without qualifying it with a negative. The bias in his observations comes through day in and day out. Nelson can probably run a sub 4.5 40 and this guy will qualify it with "but he looked real stiff while doing it" or something of that nature.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
reclaimsocal said:
This is his comment from Wednesday

"Nice comeback days today for Big XII receivers Adarius Bowman of Oklahoma State and Kansas State's Jordy Nelson, both of whom made a number of solid receptions in traffic although neither got open deep."

This is his comment from Tuesday

"Today's North practice didn't really emphasize the pass, but receivers Adarius Bowman of Oklahoma State and Jordy Nelson of Kansas State had bounce back performances of sort this morning although neither caught anything downfield."

This is his comment from Monday

"Purdue WR Dorien Bryant was real quick out of his breaks but Kansas State WR Jordy Nelson was not and seemed to be doing everything a step slower than everyone else. On a positive note Nelson does adjust to the ball well."

Its amazing to me that he never was able to come out and say anything positive about Nelson without qualifying it with a negative. The bias in his observations comes through day in and day out. Nelson can probably run a sub 4.5 40 and this guy will qualify it with "but he looked real stiff while doing it" or something of that nature.

This Great Blue North Draft Report guy seems to really dislike Nelson. It is very curious how different a scout can see a player if he has pre-conceived feelings about him. Here is a positive review a draft annalist had of Jordy

Senior Bowl Risers and Sliders
By Tony Pauline, Special to SI.com, TFY Draft Preview

"Nelson is drawing comparisons to Anthony Gonzalez, the Colts' first-round pick from last year. He's a natural receiver with a terrific head on his shoulders. Nelson made a number of deep receptions today."Edited by: ToughJ.Riggins

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
Jordy Nelson, according to several other scouts, has been impressive all week. he's caught everything thrown his way, he's always open, he's ran away from people, and he is MUCH bigger than most folks thought he would be.

how much more can a guy do?
smiley5.gif

click on this link and go to NFL Network, click on Path to the Draft, and then click Day 3. Mike Mayock has lots of praise for Jordy Nelson.

backrow

Hall of Famer
i just tuned in to the game, Hester has been used as a fullback so far (that i`ve seen) and Hillis really is opening some eyes here, he plays a lot of singleback, just had a nice 18 yard gain after hitting the hole very explosively!

smiley32.gif

Hester just got a carry from a singleback, 6 yard gain after breaking a couple of tackles

Zbikowski just recovered Forte's fumble

Woodson is pretty terrible... just threw a ball into DT's hands
smiley36.gif

Dan Connor had an early interception on Brennan

TD Brad Cottam!Edited by: backrow

backrow

Hall of Famer
draftdaddy standing up for another white athlete, Dan Connor, who even though had a great game (game high 9 tackles, under armour award) and is clearly a riser somehow has a limited athletic ability according to Fox Sports

here's DD's comment:

"According to this article of risers and sliders at the Senior Bowl, Penn State linebacker Dan Connor, who had a historic college career and was the M.V.P. of the Senior Bowl, "lacks athletic ability".

DD.comment: A few weeks ago we quoted Carol Connor saying her son cleanly cleared a 4 foot fence in the 5th grade (50 inch vertical at 10?). Now that he's all grown up and the top tackler in Penn State history we are supposed to believe he was the Abner Goldstein (in terms of athletic ability) of the Senior Bowl?"

smiley32.gif

Gi-15

Mentor
I saw the article before DD did this report. And I was thinking " well, usual caste crap, stu veu faire? " (my thinking is bilingual lol) and was just ignoring it.

But its just great to have a website thast goes to the bat against uncorrect and biaised reports like this one. Hats up to DraftDaddy once again!